» Online Users: 859
0 members and 859 guests
No Members online

Old 07-04-2004, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Since you're that curious...

Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile
No, I still think it's a matter of opinion. Part of maturity is knowing when to speak and when to let others rant around you.
Some of us would like to have an intelligent conversation, not a rant.

If someone's going to make an argument, they need to have supporting facts to back it up. And there should be a back and forth. I thought I was asking a legitimate question as to how she is a victim when she's just used it to make so much money and fame for herself?

You know i've got love for you, my fellow Pittsburgher, though our political leanings are vastly different.
Old 07-04-2004, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Re: Since you're that curious...

Quote:
Originally posted by kddani

You know i've got love for you, my fellow Pittsburgher, though our political leanings are vastly different.
Oh, I realize. I also think that I should have added that, while I think she was originally used by a sexual predator, she (or some savvy advisor) certainly turned the pr to some good use.

I'm certainly not a big fan of hers. I think my reaction is from seeing SO MUCH of this in my DC/political years, and it was always the not-so-smart young women that got taken for a ride.

And I got lotsa 'burgh love for you, too, kddani!!
Old 07-05-2004, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
A lot of the assumptions thats Monica was abused by Clinton assumes that he had a moral imperative to "Save people from themselves" as well as a moral doctrine that chooses to view what others want to do as wrong.

Monica wasn't abused by Clinton. Or if she was, almost every women that has a sexual relationship with a man that doesn't end up happily ever after could be said to be "abused" by the male.

Monica was abused by Linda Trip who decided to capitalize on Monica's experience for paybak.

She was also abused by Kenneth Star who put her through the Ringer in an attempt to Bring Clinton down.

And she was definitely abused by the media who just saw as a fun way to sell airtime.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via AIM to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via Yahoo to PhiPsiRuss
Quote:
Originally posted by James
Monica wasn't abused by Clinton.
Didn't she brag to a friend (before she met Clinton) that she was going to Washington with her presidential kneepads? If that was true, she had an agenda, and she was never a victim of anything but herself.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by James

And she was definitely abused by the media who just saw as a fun way to sell airtime.
I have a problem with that statement.

She seemed to use the media as much as the media used her. She made appearances on the Tom Green show and other venues that she obviously wouldn't have otherwise made had she not given the sitting pres. head.

She still continues to enjoy the fame -- and she will never be found to be financially strapped because of it. If I recall correctly, she was hooked up with an excellent job with some makeup firm after the whole thing went down that she probably wouldn't have otherwise received. She's now a celebrity -- and you know there's a book coming out that she'll make millions off of.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 07-06-2004, 11:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Quote:
Originally posted by ktsnake
She's now a celebrity -- and you know there's a book coming out that she'll make millions off of.
a second one?? for the love of g-d, the chick just needs to fade away into obscurity. i'm so tried of hearing about her.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I know that Monica Lewinsky had been offered a job at Revlon through Vernon Jordan's connections which was rescinded when the story broke.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mu_agd
a second one?? for the love of g-d, the chick just needs to fade away into obscurity. i'm so tried of hearing about her.
If there's money to be made and a publisher thinks they can get folks to buy her book, then why not?
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 07-06-2004, 12:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Just a quick comment about the Monica situation... One of my friends at the Gore campaign had been Monica's supervisor while at the White House.

According to him, Monica was constantly finding ways of getting to the president. He had trouble keeping up with her while she was working. He said something to her more than a few times. But, SHE kept pursuing the situation.

After working/interning at the campaign, having a friend who interned at the WH, and knowing people who were in the WH as staffers during the ordeal, I have NOOOOOOO sympathy for her. It takes two to have oral sex, etc. She had people asking her to stop. She could have at any time told them she needed to be reassigned. She didn't. She kept trying to keep it going.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tippiechick
Just a quick comment about the Monica situation... One of my friends at the Gore campaign had been Monica's supervisor while at the White House.

According to him, Monica was constantly finding ways of getting to the president. He had trouble keeping up with her while she was working. He said something to her more than a few times. But, SHE kept pursuing the situation.

After working/interning at the campaign, having a friend who interned at the WH, and knowing people who were in the WH as staffers during the ordeal, I have NOOOOOOO sympathy for her. It takes two to have oral sex, etc. She had people asking her to stop. She could have at any time told them she needed to be reassigned. She didn't. She kept trying to keep it going.
I for one really appreciate this information. Until now, I hadn't heard about her supervisor and what was up with her & her "job". I could possibly change my entire view on this, due to this post!