GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο

Old 02-18-2006, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Obsession8 Send a message via Yahoo to Obsession8
Quote:
Originally posted by PGPeripheryGirl
where do u guys traditionally party walk?
My sorors and I strut at the drop of a hat (lol)! No, actually, we mainly strut at clubs, which I only go to every once and a while; it just isn't my cup of tea (I'm a lot older than my LS's). We have two "signature" struts we learned for our probate, as well as some others that *all* of the sorors from my chapter do. We don't really have a signature (chapter) song; basically *everybody* has struts to all the popular songs ("Oh, I Think They Like Me", "Laffy Taffy", "Unpredictable", "Check On It", etc.). Whenever we feel the music, we just gotta strut!!!
Old 02-19-2006, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by skeeliteful
I think 'Set it Off' is a South Atlantic Region thing because everybody knows to clear the floor when it comes on.

I agree, Set It Off is a SA Region thing. They played it at the Regional Convention Step Show last year and everybody was strolling. The Alphas traditionally stoll to that Das EFX song, Kappas stroll to Just Like Candy (the MJG version), Omegas clearly stroll to Atomic Dog, Deltas stroll to To Be Real...and I'm not sure about anybody else.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
^^
I need to see this. I am in the Far Western Region and I can't think of any specific songs younger sorors stroll to.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: TTT

Quote:
Originally posted by Ideal08
I know things are constantly changing and wondered if there are new terms associated with our orgs. Or songs.

And as I read thru the thread, I noticed that no one associated More Bounce to the Alphas. How come? Am I tellin' my age? Cuz I thought that was THE Alpha song. And I never knew sororities had songs.

So, undergrads, enlighten us older folk.

I noticed this too, I have always known More Bounce as THE song for APhiA and I am undergrad...I guess it is different in different places...
Old 02-20-2006, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Steeltrap
^^
I need to see this. I am in the Far Western Region and I can't think of any specific songs younger sorors stroll to.
It is serious too. If another sorority/fraternity strolled to said sorority/fraternity's respective "song" there would be smoke in the city. LOL. For a long time I thought that these songs/strolls were like national phenomena.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: TTT

Quote:
Originally posted by ljkelly
I noticed this too, I have always known More Bounce as THE song for APhiA and I am undergrad...I guess it is different in different places...
I've never seen PHAM stroll to anything other than the DAS EFX song (guess I need to travel). I can't think of the name of the song but it is on Beta Nu's (FAMU Chapter) intro:Click Here

(and it is probably on any other florida school's page as well, just like Set It Off is probably on most SAR AKA undergrad pages)
Old 02-20-2006, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Is it "They Want FX"? I believe it is. That was out when I was in college. That wasn't the Alpha's song in our area. I cannot remember what it was, but THAT wasn't it. It probably was Vanillas Ice's "Ice, Ice Baby".

I believe all of this is relative to the location, chapter even. It's probably not even regional nor state specific.

ETA: OR, this could be "Mic Checker" or "Mic Wrecker" It's on the same album.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CountryGurl Send a message via Yahoo to CountryGurl
Here is a video of Sorors (from Texas) doing a strut to "Scarred"
http://www.uta.edu/student_orgs/aka/Fall2004.htm

Pham (Prairie View A&M University 's A Phi A chapter) website with the "Pistol Grip" intro...

http://etagammaonline.com/

Nu Gamma Omega Chapter
Old 02-21-2006, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to unspokenone25
Re: Re: TTT

Quote:
Originally posted by CountryGurl
Soror I'm not undergrad but I'm new (8months old in AKA). "Pistol Grip Pump" is an Alpha song and Sorors (from a day old to Silver Star Sorors) will run you over when "Scarred" comes on.

Texas Sorors can I get a witness?
Soror CountryGurl, I second that motion! Isn't "Pistol Grip Pump" by the Westside Connection?

Last edited by unspokenone25; 02-21-2006 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CountryGurl
Here is a video of Sorors (from Texas) doing a strut to "Scarred"
http://www.uta.edu/student_orgs/aka/Fall2004.htm

Pham (Prairie View A&M University 's A Phi A chapter) website with the "Pistol Grip" intro...

http://etagammaonline.com/

Thanks for posting the links. Scarred is fast as hayle, I was trying to picture someone strolling to it. You know we booty dance to Luke here in Florida. LOL. And I was trying to figure out what song "pistol grip" was.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorors can some one please tell me who sings "set it off" I am from the east coast, but went to school in the south. Everyone always mentions that is our song but I don't know what it is.

Wait a minute does the hook go?
"set it off to the left yall
set it it off to the right yall
set it off
set it off"

I have never seen a strut to that but I have seen alot of sorors strut to Pretty Young Thing by Michael Jackson.
I also have never seen the "traditional" strut and I am pretty up on a majority of struts but other sorors claim there is one that everyone knows. It is pretty easy to learn but I just never seen it before I moved to TX.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to skeeliteful Send a message via Yahoo to skeeliteful
Quote:
Originally posted by AKA_blackbarbie
Sorors can some one please tell me who sings "set it off" I am from the east coast, but went to school in the south. Everyone always mentions that is our song but I don't know what it is.

set it off
set it off"

I have never seen a strut to that but I have seen alot of sorors strut to Pretty Young Thing by Michael Jackson.
I also have never seen the "traditional" strut and I am pretty up on a majority of struts but other sorors claim there is one that everyone knows. It is pretty easy to learn but I just never seen it before I moved to TX.
Set it Off is by Strafe.

I've never seen the "traditional" strut either. I recently began hearing about a "national/universal" stroll a couple of months ago but I've never seen it. Is anyone familiar with it? I crossed in Florida and "Set it Off" is the only "universal" stroll I knew of until I moved to Texas.

Texas Sorors...is there more than 1 verson of the Scarred stroll? The stroll the Sorors are doing in the video is a little different than the one I've seen. Scarred is a fast song to stroll off of. My UG chapter had a stroll to it but I'd hurt myself if I tried to do it now.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AKA_blackbarbie

set it off
set it off"

Yes soror that is the hook. "Set it off I suggest y'all, set it off" it is a hip hop classic by Strafe. You often hear it in old school mixes.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CountryGurl Send a message via Yahoo to CountryGurl
Quote:
Originally posted by skeeliteful
Set it Off is by Strafe.

I've never seen the "traditional" strut either. I recently began hearing about a "national/universal" stroll a couple of months ago but I've never seen it. Is anyone familiar with it? I crossed in Florida and "Set it Off" is the only "universal" stroll I knew of until I moved to Texas.

Texas Sorors...is there more than 1 verson of the Scarred stroll? The stroll the Sorors are doing in the video is a little different than the one I've seen. Scarred is a fast song to stroll off of. My UG chapter had a stroll to it but I'd hurt myself if I tried to do it now.
Yes Soror the way Sorors are strutting to scarred in the video is not the traditional "scarred" strut. However, its close.

Nu Gamma Omega Chapter
Old 02-22-2006, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PGPeripheryGirl
Quote:
Originally posted by AKA2D '91
My party walk, stroll, strutting (whatever you wanna call it) days are over (to a certain extent)! Nearly 15 years ago, when I was a neo, we didn't do ANYTHING remotely associated with the sorority IN.A.CLUB!
Lol when I say in a club, I'm refering to parties that are hosted by Greeks in a club. Not like, we're at Club Boom Boom and a whole bunch of sorors are there and we decide to party walk. We only stroll at Greek parties (all of which take place in clubs, they have to rent them out because Howard doesn't do parties on campus) and have guidelines as to what songs we stroll to.

Edited for: grammar issues of course

Last edited by PGPeripheryGirl; 03-03-2006 at 05:05 AM.