GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,489
0 members and 1,489 guests
No Members online

Old 12-21-2009, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie's_Rush View Post
You're three pages and nearly 24 hours late on this.

Let the record show I called this one first. Again.
I actually figured that one out before you posted it. But I kept my mouth shut in fear of looking creepy lol
Old 12-21-2009, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

gee_ess... everything I'm seeing is leading to a message that says "Removed at request of Delta Gamma Fraternity" so I'm assuming EO has heard about this, and they're unhappy, and doing some SERIOUS damage control.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee_ess View Post
Okay, I am really frustrated...can't find it on youtube. Anyone care to tell me what I should search under? I think I am youtube challenged.
There is a link to it posted earlier in this thread.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

txchrissy found the video on the gainesvillian. check out page 2 in this thread.

i'm glad i got to see it, but it is just stupid. i'm sure that it was made in jest and was not intended to be put on youtube for any and all to see. folks just have to remember that it's a big, wide internet world out there.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I talked plenty of smack on other sororities when I was a collegian, I think we all might have. Not the point.

Idiot girls RECORDED IT, and put it on the internet. Once again, I hope they do face disciplinary action!

Kinda like that girl with the hook-up list on facebook - if you don't want "outsiders" to see it, don't put it out there (or record it/write it down).
Old 12-22-2009, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

I sometimes think that I'm the last person on earth who understands what a private joke is all about.

Agree with all those who said that the concept isn't new, but the video taping/posting it on the Internet is a special kind of stupid.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:42 AM
gator88

Hannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCash View Post
My favorite line was "F*ck pandas, I'm a hater motherf*cka!!"

I was LOLing at that line, because I know AOII's mascot is a panda because its the only animal in the animal kingdom that has no enemies (or that's what they say during rush).

ETA: I KNOW THE GIRL IN THAT PICTURE OF THE GAINESVILLIANS ARTICLE!! I met her on a road trip to Alabama, she's my organization's Sweetheart at her school! ANNND she's an AOII. Hahahaha
Those lyrics are wrong. It's not "F*ck pandas, I'm a hater motherf*cka!!" , it says "F pandas, we got HANNAH mf". Happy Hannah is DGs mascot.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
This is freaking hilarious. Whiter than white girls trying to act gangsta are always hilarious.

They're dumb as hell to let it get out - but everyone on your high horse, get real. This is hardly the first time one sorority said something mean about another one. They just didn't put it on a video for all the net to see. They should be disciplined for being stupid and indiscreet, but if you want to start kicking people out for being unpanhellenic, we'll have a very small Greek system very quickly.
S, I heart you so much right now for what you said above:

"everyone on your high horse, get real. This is hardly the first time one sorority said something mean about another one. They should be disciplined for being stupid and indiscreet, but if you want to start kicking people out for being unpanhellenic, we'll have a very small Greek system very quickly."

And a few more of my thoughts:

It could be entirely possible that these girls are not Dee Gees at all and are misrepresenting themselves as such, in order to bring the Fraternity into disrepute (i.e. by filming it in front of the DG house).

Or, maybe if they are truly are Dee Gee initates, the only things that (I can think of) they're really guilty of is extremely foul language, saying nasty things about other NPC groups, and overall indecorous behavior & being dumb enough to post it on the internet for the world to see. We all have lapses in judgement from time to time - discipline them appropriately so that it's a learning experience and let's move on with our lives.

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement".

Last edited by CutiePie2000; 12-22-2009 at 12:45 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePie2000 View Post
S, I heart you so much right now for what you said above:

"everyone on your high horse, get real. This is hardly the first time one sorority said something mean about another one. They should be disciplined for being stupid and indiscreet, but if you want to start kicking people out for being unpanhellenic, we'll have a very small Greek system very quickly."

And a few more of my thoughts:

It could be entirely possible that these girls are not Dee Gees at all and are misrepresenting themselves as such, in order to bring the Fraternity into disrepute (i.e. by filming it in front of the DG house).

Or, maybe if they are truly are Dee Gee initates, the only things that (I can think of) they're really guilty of is extremely foul language, saying nasty things about other NPC groups, and overall indecorous behavior & being dumb enough to post it on the internet for the world to see. We all have lapses in judgement from time to time - discipline them appropriately so that it's a learning experience and let's move on with our lives.

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement".
I don't really think that's entirely possible; it's been pointed out several times in this thread that the girls have been identified and are well-known on the UF campus.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

My feeling is that just because a random stranger on the internet says something, does not necessarily make it so.

But if they are DGs, well, let's hope that they learn something from this gaffe.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:57 AM
GreekChat Member

I have been fascinated by this story. Nothing new from my days as a collegian and I'm older than dirt. I remember the songs that were sung, however, I guess what shocked me was the language. Otherwise, very creative! The stupid part, not understanding WWW.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyPiNK_FL View Post
Exactly how common are these types of songs? My chapter never had any when I joined and still doesn't. I've never heard of such things before.
My chapter never had any such songs either.

I could care less whether the DGs and the other sororities don't like each other, or whatever, I just think its dumb to 1) film it and 2) post it (or leave it) where people can see it. They should be kicked out of DG for just being plain stupid.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just interested View Post
I remember the songs that were sung, however, I guess what shocked me was the language. Otherwise, very creative!
Yeah, at least they did show some lowbrow wittiness, instead of just saying OMG EVERYONE BESIDES US IS JUST SKANKY AND GROSS. I mean, no offense Tri Deltas, but the Sea World comment is funny. I'd say the same if they said something about ASA to the effect of "you've got ladybugs and we're the can of Raid."

And for the girls who say they don't have any songs like this...maybe you need to pledge more sarcastic girls. Or hang out with the ones you did pledge. My Big2 made up a hilarious one about our rival sorority but I'm sure most of the chapter doesn't know it.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I'd say the same if they said something about ASA to the effect of "you've got ladybugs and we're the can of Raid."
God love you and your willingness to poke a little fun at yourself!

A to be fair, some girls have been freaked out by Hannah as she is sometimes represented by a Raggedy Ann doll and that freaks out people with clown issues.

Well, the Johnny Cupcakes incident made it into the pages of the Anchora as a learning example. Perhaps this one will too, as an example of "Don't do this".

Last edited by CutiePie2000; 12-22-2009 at 03:23 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:24 AM

Considering we used RA as well and I was the only one who didn't gasp when another sister called her "wimpy" (actually, I agreed a little bit) I think anything too cutesy is ripe for parody. It seems to have gotten worse in the recent years. If anyone would have referred to me as a "baby [fill in the mascot here]" when I was a pledge I think I would have barfed right on their shoes.