Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,612
5 members and 1,607 guests
andthen, Phrozen Sands, UW_dawg

Old 03-23-2006, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to IntegriTY1908
Now that was funny!!! I hate when people are ignorant at church they know you really cant react like you would on the street. But you handled it very well
Old 03-23-2006, 04:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KAPPAtivating
Now that is Grade-A ignit! I was at a church event the other night where the Alphas stepped as an "opening act". By the time I had gotten there, I had missed it, but as soon as I walked through the doors, somebody ran up and said, "you just missed your frat brothers stepping!" When they pointed out the Alphas(who had on nelia), I held up my Kappa dog tag and said, "do these letters match?
That reminds me of this lady I was talking to at the nursing home I work at on weekends. Mrs. Elvira, a resident, likes to go outside, but she is not technically supposed to because she sometimes is confused and will try to wander away. So my test for her is to ask her what sorority she was in, and if she can say Tri-Delta, she gets to go outside. Well, the lady I was taking to when I asked Ms. Elvira what sorority she was in noticed my lettered bag and said "Oh, ya'll are sisters!".
Old 04-03-2006, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Senusret I
It's cute when my students say "What's A, O with a line through it, A mean?"
I am not greek, but one of my students told me that when he goes to college he wants to be an O dog!! I said you want to be a what? He said, "Don't act like you don't know what a O dog is! Then he threw up the Kappa hand sign! I was sooooo weak I didn't know what to do.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MaKaveli2
This aint really funny, it is really annoyin to me. A couple of my friends who dont know anything about greek life and are both in college, wanna have the longest converstations about it. I told her i was a kappa and she was like, ow that is the blue and white ones right. I am like no that the sigmas. So then she wanna try to guess all the color combinations instead of just askin me. She was like "oh no ur right, yall are the Brown and Gold ones right" So annoyed
Old 04-16-2006, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamgirl10 Send a message via Yahoo to dreamgirl10
I have only been greek for one week and already I have one to add. I wore my DST shirt to work. Note: I am the only black woman in the building. Anyways, why did my boss walk in see my shirt and say I thought you went to Rowan what's that a Rutger's Shirt? I had to shake my head that was just plain ole ignorant. Now there's a difference between not knowing about greeks and not recognizing that the letters were greek. Some people should just keep their mouths shut. Can anyone top that? This man must have never seen a greek letter in his life oh but did I mention he has "30 college credits"...lmao.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to blujewel1922
Not really funny

This isn't funny but very insulting:

My LS's and I were always approached on our campus and at other schools with people making stupid comments like "you are too pretty to be a SGRho" or "you don't look like a SGRho".

Now please tell me exactly how is a Sigma Gamma Rho "suppose" to look like?
Old 04-17-2006, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhrozenGenius Send a message via Yahoo to PhrozenGenius
I was at a party recently and the brethren were party hopping. So this random dude walks up to me and says, "You're an Alpha right?"

I take a step back and say, "Yeah. I'm an Alpha."

He says, "So why aren't you party hopping?"

I said, "I'm tired. I've been hopping all night."

He gets a grin on his face and says, "You're not an Alpha any more. You're FIRED!"

So before I proceed to mollyhop this dude in the club. One of the brethren standing by me says, "You were never an Alpha to begin with! Or did the last three rejection letters not tell you that?"

Dude bowed his head sheepishly and proceeded to pick his face up off the floor while backpedaling away swiftly.

30 minutes later he tried to make peace with me while I was talking to a group of the brethren by offering me a black & mild. I politely told him to, "Get the [expletive deleted] away from me before I beat your simple [expletive deleted]. Now excuse my back." And I turned around.

(I found out recently that he gave up his hope of being an Alpha man...he's a member of another org. now...)
Old 04-17-2006, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PhrozenGenius
I was at a party recently and the brethren were party hopping. So this random dude walks up to me and says, "You're an Alpha right?"

He gets a grin on his face and says, "You're not an Alpha any more. You're FIRED!"

So before I proceed to mollyhop this dude in the club. One of the brethren standing by me says, "You were never an Alpha to begin with! Or did the last three rejection letters not tell you that?"

Dude bowed his head sheepishly and proceeded to pick his face up off the floor while backpedaling away swiftly.

30 minutes later he tried to make peace with me while I was talking to a group of the brethren by offering me a black & mild. I politely told him to, "Get the [expletive deleted] away from me before I beat your simple [expletive deleted]. Now excuse my back." And I turned around.

(I found out recently that he gave up his hope of being an Alpha man...he's a member of another org. now...)
OMG this is the funniest ever! lol @ "mollyhop" and "excuse my back"
Old 04-18-2006, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FeeFee
Quote:
Originally posted by PhrozenGenius

Oh my dayums @ mollyhop - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Very funny story indeed.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I just had to post this cause I thought it was soooo funny. As for people saying things, my two year old son looked at my letters and said mommy,
Triangle,Eeeee,Circle!!!!!
That was the best one yet!!!!!
Old 04-22-2006, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by MsDelta797
I just had to post this cause I thought it was soooo funny. As for people saying things, my two year old son looked at my letters and said mommy,
ADORABLE!!
Old 04-22-2006, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MsDelta797
Aww, how cute is that!!!

Everytime my daughter sees AKA on anything she says "Mommy that lady's shirt say A-K-A. She is one of your sisters. You have a lot of sisters everywhere!"
Old 04-23-2006, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SKEEphistAKAte
Aww, how cute is that!!!

Everytime my daughter sees AKA on anything she says "Mommy that lady's shirt say A-K-A. She is one of your sisters. You have a lot of sisters everywhere!"

You gotta love the kids!!!! They just keep you smiling!!!
Old 04-24-2006, 03:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile Kids say the darndest things...

Quote:
Originally posted by SKEEphistAKAte
Aww, how cute is that!!!

That is too cute! When my 3 year old daughter started asking questions about my Sorors I would tell her those are my sisters so it would be easier for her to understand. She spends so much time around us that one day she looks at my husband and said "mommy has alot of sisters, where are your brothers?". We just looked at her and started laughing.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Kids say the darndest things...

Quote:
Originally posted by MightyQuinn
That is too cute! When my 3 year old daughter started asking questions about my Sorors I would tell her those are my sisters so it would be easier for her to understand. She spends so much time around us that one day she looks at my husband and said "mommy has alot of sisters, where are your brothers?". We just looked at her and started laughing.
LOL. It's funny too because she is beginning to understand the interworkings of a family. So she knows that her grandad is my father, and her uncle is my brother, etc. So she kind of looked confused like "are all of these people my aunts?" LOL.