GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,483
0 members and 1,483 guests
No Members online

Old 07-31-2007, 02:15 AM
GreekChat Member

:blank stare: The only speech & diction that rubs me wrong is the president. The other ones remind me of just about every girl I know. Greek or not.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdonline View Post
- it's even in The Best Years (okay, I admit I watch that too... ), Legally Blonde, etc..
Shhh, I'm right there with you just don't tell anyone (I also <3 all the Degrassi refrences they make haha)
Old 07-31-2007, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEDAXO09 View Post
I don't think the tatoo itself is illegal, haha. I mis-spoke myself... (mis-typed myself?)

I'm kind of postive, though, that it is illegal to tatoo someones face ... or atleast too close to the eyes, probably because if you hit a nerve or something you could cause permanent eye damage...

Although - that might just be a rumor that someone nailed into my head as a yougin'
Nope, it's just a crazy idea that someone put into your head.

There are a handful of states that do not allow tattoo shops to be in business, but there's nothing in the books (to my knowledge) that dictate what kind of tattoos people can have.

Besides, there are so many places now that offer cosmetic tattooing (tattooed eyeliner, eyebrows, blush etc). I could personally never get tattooed eyeliner, I'd rather just deal with it melting off of my face. haha!

--------

I am so ready for this Rebecca chick to get put in her place.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I love this show so much! I think it's so cute. I think so far they've done an okay balance...of being truthful and using sterotypes...we'll see if they can keep it up or if they will take the easy route and make it way too extreme.

Watching it makes me wish i was back in school doing all that stuff again.

Oh and I agree...I want Casey and Cappy to get back together!
Old 07-31-2007, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jitterbug13 Send a message via Yahoo to jitterbug13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteASAbug View Post
She also needs to put the sex tape all over the internet already.

Ashleigh
Thanks for the name. Since the phone was ruined, I hope whoever sent Casey the video has a backup.

"I'd rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I'm not."--Kanye West

"Black is the new President."--Tracey Morgan
Old 07-31-2007, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I think Frannie is just as annoying as Rebecca Logan. Why is she so involved in Casey's social life? Why isn't she dating an Omega Chi herself?

I liked Rusty's reaction to Calvin's coming out. It's nice that he was so cool about it.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
I hate the way Casey and Frannie talk. They talk like opening their mouths is painful or their jaws have bee wired shut for the last few years. Everything they say sounds so tart and tense it's almost excruciatingly annoying. I like Ashleigh, but I'm sorry, girls who have boyfriends they are serious about don't party like that. I have been dating my TKE for 3 years and while I enjoy a good mixer (we haven't had one in AGES) I don't drink with or hold extended conversations with the guys (unless they are my friends and I have soooo few fraternity friends outside of TKE cos...I just do) because the convo will not go anywhere. I'll dance, but only if my sister is next to me cos it's a group thing, not a you and me thing (and no booty dancing)! I dunno, call me old-fashioned.

It seems like the guys who write the show STILL don't understand a darn thing about sorority women...lol...how surprising
Old 08-01-2007, 05:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl View Post
:blank stare: The only speech & diction that rubs me wrong is the president. The other ones remind me of just about every girl I know. Greek or not.
Interesting because I've met a few, but the good majority of girls that I've met, Greek or non, don't talk as if they were extras in Legally Blonde. The whole voice inflection is kind of annoying, esp. being used as a stereotype.

I did like this recent episode. Rusty is becoming more badass every episode. I wonder how many more episodes we have to endure the whole everybody cheer when Casey and Evan kiss while Cappie watches deal...This show has a little bit of everything, from the cheesy sports drama, to the seriousness of Calvin coming out of the closet, the show really touches base on a lot of issues that I really didn't expect it to. I most def. want to see Rebecca get put in her place...yikes.

But new question, did anybody else notice that the pledges got to wear their letters? As far as I know, you don't get your letter til you cross...you gotta earn those for sure...hmmm
Old 08-01-2007, 07:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangstar View Post
But new question, did anybody else notice that the pledges got to wear their letters? As far as I know, you don't get your letter til you cross...you gotta earn those for sure...hmmm
I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it, but I have been noticing that they wear their pledge pins on their shirt collars. Very strange looking.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

I obviously don't know about fraternities, but when I was an Alpha I was allowed to wear the letters, just not the crest.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 08-01-2007, 09:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
I obviously don't know about fraternities, but when I was an Alpha I was allowed to wear the letters, just not the crest.
The rule varies from GLO to GLO -- some prohibit wearing the letters or the coat-of-arms, some just the letters or the coat-of-arms, some neither.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jitterbug13 Send a message via Yahoo to jitterbug13
More episodes ordered...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070801/...Rpd45vlYtxFb8C

"I'd rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I'm not."--Kanye West

"Black is the new President."--Tracey Morgan
Old 08-01-2007, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangstar View Post

Around the time I was graduating.. a couple of years ago..our headquarters told us that we had to let the new members wear letters if they wanted to b/c they would consider it hazing if we did not. While I agree, that you have to earn your letters..the show doesn't seem to be to far off on that one.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Trey_P-I_47
I also noticed something odd in the last episode. When Calvin and Rusty were outside and Rusty was working on his floor hockey game (I think this is the right moment) I was looking at both of their pledge pins and they looked the same, now I dont know exactly what they are supposed to be, it could be as simple as the same shape just with each GLOs letters inscribed on the face of the pledge pin, but in real life most organizations vary greatly in shape, color, and even size, so who knows. It was just something that caught my eye on the last episode, cant wait for Monday to slink back around so I can watch the next episode. I just wish there was some more good TV throughout the week, there are only 2 shows on now that I watch and that is Entourage on Sundays and Greek on Mondays. There needs to be something to fill that gap between Tuesday and Friday. Does anybody have any suggestions?
Old 08-01-2007, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfuzzxi View Post
Around the time I was graduating.. a couple of years ago..our headquarters told us that we had to let the new members wear letters if they wanted to b/c they would consider it hazing if we did not. While I agree, that you have to earn your letters..the show doesn't seem to be to far off on that one.
Except that based on previous discussions here at GC, it seems to me that the idea that not letting "new members" wear letters is hazing is limited to NPC orgs. I am not aware of any fraternity that has taken that position. My fraternity forbids probationary members from wearing letters, and I know of many other fraternities that do likewise.