GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,449
1 members and 1,448 guests
Mooch279

Old 08-01-2006, 01:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jadis96 Send a message via Yahoo to jadis96
Quote:
Originally Posted by kddani
And if you wear a skirt on the shorter side, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE wear panties. And not a g-string or thong. Full coverage. You don't want to do a Basic Instinct.

AMEN! This also brings up a good (though off topic) point. Please don't show your thong/ underwear during recruitment. Have a sister you trust check you out from behind when you bend over. At times we have all had visable panty lines, but showing from the top or flashing someone is just gross!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo_kathy
How short is short? You might have to sit on a floor, or, more likely, sit on a chair while others sit on the floor and if it's too short you'll be worried about them seeing up your skirt the whole time.

Though all that depends on the school. In my school, 1st round was in the student center, so there were no chairs. We all stood. But if it was at the house, then I'd worry about the sitting situation.

And I have seen tons 'o leggings in NYC. With skirts. In the heat. It's tragic...
Ah, but it depends where you work in NYC! Some of these office buildings are SO freezing cold all year round. The thermostats are usually controlled by men-- and as we all know, men are usually hot while we women freeze.

I wouldn't go so far as to wear leggings in the summer, however, I DO wear wool blazers because it's so darned cold where I work all year round. I have an electric blanket at my desk, and yes, I use it in August!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel
Ah, but it depends where you work in NYC! Some of these office buildings are SO freezing cold all year round. The thermostats are usually controlled by men-- and as we all know, men are usually hot while we women freeze.

I wouldn't go so far as to wear leggings in the summer, however, I DO wear wool blazers because it's so darned cold where I work all year round. I have an electric blanket at my desk, and yes, I use it in August!
Oh man, I wish my office had any concept of coolness. My office mates and I have to bring fans in just to keep from sweating (or on some very infrequent days it's so cold I lose the ability to move my fingers enough to type.)

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

I think that if a penguin came into my office now, he would promptly march out and go find a nice warm place where he could tan (think Madagascar) because I swear it's beyond freezing point in my office.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel

I think ever NYC office is freezing.

However, I referencing more the fact that it's a horrible fashion trend that has caught on in NYC - one of the fashion trend setting cities of the world. And that people are so into it that they would wear them in the summer heat. Means the trend is probably going to stick.