GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,442
0 members and 1,442 guests
No Members online

Old 03-08-2006, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by treblk
I can't wait. Need to work on the room(s).
You and me both.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mulattogyrl Send a message via Yahoo to mulattogyrl

It's a jungle out there.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JD1913
Okay so a couple of days ago I was at a Women's Leadership Conference and got CALLED OUT by a Soror for being inactive... I was embarassed, But it got my hiney into our local alumnae chapter meeting last night... Y'aaaaaallllll being surrounded by ~150 brilliant and committed and beautiful black women of all ages... *sigh* I was reminded of why I love my org... I was so moved I became financial at the meeting, paid for the an upcoming debutante ball, a founders day event (local chapter), and some more stuff.... Im currently searching for flights to Philly and Im booking my hotel room tonight... and then I remembered one thing I didnt exaaactly miss about Delta... as much as I love her and EVERYONE knows I do... she gets in dem pockets, but you know what...

I aint even mad...

OOOOOOOOOOOO-OOP

Philly Philly Here I come...
LMAO!!!!!!

Smooches to the soror that called you out. Welcome back, we need you!!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JD1913
Its great to be home again...
Old 03-10-2006, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DeltaVero
Quote:
Originally posted by JD1913
Okay so a couple of days ago I was at a Women's Leadership Conference and got CALLED OUT by a Soror for being inactive... I was embarassed, But it got my hiney into our local alumnae chapter meeting last night... Y'aaaaaallllll being surrounded by ~150 brilliant and committed and beautiful black women of all ages... *sigh* I was reminded of why I love my org... I was so moved I became financial at the meeting, paid for the an upcoming debutante ball, a founders day event (local chapter), and some more stuff.... Im currently searching for flights to Philly and Im booking my hotel room tonight... and then I remembered one thing I didnt exaaactly miss about Delta... as much as I love her and EVERYONE knows I do... she gets in dem pockets, but you know what...

I aint even mad...

OOOOOOOOOOOO-OOP

Philly Philly Here I come...

Since you are paying dues and buying tickets, let me borrow $20.00. Good to have you back in the fold soror. See you in Philly!!!
Old 03-17-2006, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorors I cannot believe that my top three hotel choices for the convention are already full. I think that we are going to set another attendance record at this convention.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ms Public Service
Sorors I cannot believe that my top three hotel choices for the convention are already full. I think that we are going to set another attendance record at this convention.

Which hotels?
Old 03-17-2006, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

The Philadelphia Marriott, Loews Philadelphia, Hilton Garden, Courtyard Marriott, Doubletree, Embassy Suites Center City, Hampton Inn, and the Ritz Carlton hotels are already booked full for double beds. The Courtyard Marriott, Residence Inn, Radisson Plaza Warwick are allowing Sorors to sign up on their waiting listing for double beds.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
The Philadelphia Marriott, Loews Philadelphia, Hilton Garden, Courtyard Marriott, Doubletree, Embassy Suites Center City, Hampton Inn, and the Ritz Carlton hotels are already booked full for double beds. The Courtyard Marriott, Residence Inn, Radisson Plaza Warwick are allowing Sorors to sign up on their waiting listing for double beds.
We are staying at the Alexander Inn.

I knew the more in demand hotels would be booked already so we made our reservation about a month ago.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm not sure the hotel "bookings" indicate record attendance. No offense to my Philly sorors, but it does not have the draw that other cities have and this is an incumbent re-election year for the two top officers.

This hotel situation happened during the regional cycle conference, and it was a glitch in the Housing Bureau's system. My guess it is the same here. There is no way that many hotels could get fully booked within 24 hours with the number of rooms we block.

What happens is two-fold: sorors book rooms in multiple hotels and then later release them. Or sorors book rooms for just part of the convention, i.e. Fri.-Sun. That breaks up the block, and when a soror tries to register for the whole convention the system comes back and says there are no rooms available for that contiguous amount of time that you are asking for. Thus the Housing Bureau has to readjust the room blocks.

My guess is that those hotels will open back up within a couple of weeks.

They'd better, because I can't get a room either, and some of y'all know I really need one!
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!

Last edited by ladygreek; 03-17-2006 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

How far is this hotel from the convention center.

Quote:
Originally posted by DSTCHAOS
We are staying at the Alexander Inn.

I knew the more in demand hotels would be booked already so we made our reservation about a month ago.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I hope some better rooms open up soon because I had to make reservations at the stupid Holiday Inn.

Quote:
Originally posted by ladygreek
I'm not sure the hotel "bookings" indicate record attendance. No offense to my Philly sorors, but it does not have the draw that other cities have and this is an incumbent re-election year for the two top officers.

This hotel situation happened during the regional cycle conference, and it was a glitch in the Housing Bureau's system. My guess it is the same here. There is no way that many hotels could get fully booked within 24 hours with the number of rooms we block.

What happens is two-fold: sorors book rooms in multiple hotels and then later release them. Or sorors book rooms for just part of the convention, i.e. Fri.-Sun. That breaks up the block, and when a soror tries to register for the whole convention the system comes back and says there are no rooms available for that contiguous amount of time that you are asking for. Thus the Housing Bureau has to readjust the room blocks.

My guess is that those hotels will open back up within a couple of weeks.

They'd better, because I can't get a room either!
Old 03-17-2006, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ LOL @ stupid Holiday Inn.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 03-17-2006, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

The Holiday Inn is the cheapest.

I still cannot even get online to register.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
How far is this hotel from the convention center.
The hotel is located in Center City Philadelphia and the convention center website said that is a 15 minute walk.

http://www.alexanderinn.com/