Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,268
0 members and 1,268 guests
No Members online

Old 12-02-2003, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I have no idea what to get my boyfriend, but then I realized, his best friend of years and years goes here, and I know him. Use your resources people! I know I will!
Old 12-02-2003, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

The one type of gift I've found that works for guy friends, friends with benefits, boyfriends, etc....toys. Hit up toys r us and find something that looks fun to you. Buy him a mini race track with remote control car, theres a cool one in Maxim this month that lets you customize the track and make it however you want. Or give him one of the best water guns you can buy right now, then drag him outside and get him with the one you bought (and filled) before he has a chance to get water in his. Playing is good for anyone, and most guys appreciate that you can see (and appreciate) his goofy side. Plus it's fun for you too, which is always a bonus. Just little things that show you're paying attention is usually effective...one of my boyfriends was going through a ton of shit in his life, and he was reading into Buddhism as a new way of thinking. So about a month after that convo, I got him a small statue of Buddha for Valentines Day. It was perfect, and I felt like the uuber girlfriend for remembering what was important to him. Just remember-guys are almost always easier than girls to shop for, and if you ask them what they want, you usually get a straight answer, even if you do have to end up giving them a coupon book full of free blowjob offers.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kevlar281
In High School it seemed cologne was the standard gift. I don’t even wear cologne anymore so I guess that’s out. In college some great gifts I’ve received or seen others receive are: an engraved flask, professional framing for my shingle and composite, Texans Tickets, home cooked dinner, a pair of Red Wings, DVDs, radar detector, Greek paraphernalia, and bar sets. That’s all off the top of my head but I hope it helps.
Old 12-02-2003, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevlar281
In High School it seemed cologne was the standard gift. I don’t even wear cologne anymore so I guess that’s out. In college some great gifts I’ve received or seen others receive are: an engraved flask, professional framing for my shingle and composite, Texans Tickets, home cooked dinner, a pair of Red Wings, DVDs, radar detector, Greek paraphernalia, and bar sets. That’s all off the top of my head but I hope it helps.
THANK YOU. This is what I was looking for...

Thanks to everyone else too....it got me thinking
Old 12-03-2003, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

last christmas i think i did pretty good..

a lot of the gifts the have gotten for him like shirts, sweaters, colognes, a wallet, dvds, CDs, etc. have already been listed.. but I usually try to throw into the mix each time a creative gift..

last christmas i had a nice fleece blanket made..

i bought a queen size dark gray fleece blanket.. i took it to the greek store here and had on one corner Virginia Tech embroderied and then his letters on the other corner.. i had it down all in orange and marroon (our school colors). It turned out really nice and all his friends really liked it as well..

its something nice that he can always have.. plus it was nice bc he was graduating that year too..
Old 12-03-2003, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MareImbrium
Ever think of making something? One of my gf's is constantly knitting stuff to give to people. I once knew someone who made her bf a picture frame. She bought one of those plain wood ones, stuck a picture of the two of them in it, had their names engraved on wood so that it'd be 3D and glued them on the corners. If you were with someone a long time, then maybe a memory book filled with pictures, movie stubs, drawings, sketches and other knicknacks which represent your times together.

The greatest gift I ever received was a sentimental one. It was my favorite board game growing up as a kid. He remembered by a conversation we had when we first met. Other things I've received are home cooked meals (such a turn on when the guy cooks), books, gift certificates, burned CD's, etc.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I flooded my ex with Very Sexy for men cologn/shower gel/aftershave from VS and clothes from Structure (now express for men). He's a teacher now, so he always need dress up clothes! I normally added at least 3 button up dress shirts, and a couple sweaters to his closet. He also is a music grad, so I'd always collect things with trombones on them!

I also made him a "jen and nick" timeline and a picture collage. Sadly I have no one to buy for this year.....
Old 12-03-2003, 03:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrincessPhiSig
This year's present to the BF was tickets to see Duke play at MSG December 20th.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

This year, FI and I decided to forego large anniversary presents and just get a kickass christmas present to give to each other. So we're shopping a Sony Mini-DV camera and DVD burner.

I'm probably going to get him the first season Upright Citizens Brigade DVD as a surprise, though.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

My SO LOVES the Chicago Cubs so one year for our anniversary we went to a game and he absolutely loved it. This year I bought a fleece on Lands End and had the Cubs logo placed on it for a fee, bought a book all about this past Cubs season and plan to get him the Cubs hat he has been trying on forever. I found that he really loves the gifts he can use as opposed to stare at.

Ideas I would give would be to take him to a sports games, concerts and musicals/plays if he is into that.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

today, i bought guy smiley a necklace to replace the old one that he has. his old girlfriend bought him that one, so one from me is long overdue
next week, i am going to get him a curve cologne gift set. he adores that cologne. it smells so good on him!!!
Old 12-11-2003, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Canadian AOII
I'd like to think that I'm world's greatest girlfriend and got my boy a PS2 for Christmas and Vice City - I cheated and gave it to him early and now he spends more time w/ it than me! For his bday I'm gonna get him a new cell phone - just listen to the little random comments abt what they wish they had and there's your answer!
Old 12-11-2003, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm finished with Christmas shopping for TKE209! Whoo Hoo!

1. Stephen King's "Dreamcatcher"
2. Stephen King's "Wolves of the Calla"
3. Craftsman racheting screwdriver
4. Craftsman cordless drill
5. TKE letter shirt
6. Kodak photopaper <--that siht is expensive, sheesh!

--but I may grab some little things later

Last edited by Rio_Kohitsuji; 12-11-2003 at 11:54 PM.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadian AOII
just listen to the little random comments abt what they wish they had and there's your answer!
This is definately the truth!! When I flat out asked my boyfriend what he wanted for Christmas he told me a vaccum (sp?) cleaner.

Now honestly HAD I bought him that I don't think he'd be too happy, though it is something his fraternity house desperately needs. Anyway, I digress.

What I actually ended up getting him was a DVD set that I knew he desperately wanted, just from random comments he'd make about it. I bought him some other stuff too, but that was the biggest one.

By the way, if anyone is looking for good cologne to buy for their boyfriend, check out Abercrombie's new scent called "Fierce". I kid you not girls, it will make you want to rip his clothes off every time you see him and smell it. (which may or may not be a good thing... )
Old 12-13-2003, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Having trouble shopping for the guys?

Well maybe you could go buy "yourself" a teddy, put it in a box...wrap it up and give it to him. then when he opens it, give him a little wink.

hmmm maybe he is into sports? get him a nice vintage jersey of his favorite sports team

hmmm a nice jacket...

maybe a weekend trip to somewhere?

hope i gave some of yall some ideas...