GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,156
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, Aliciasmith
» Online Users: 1,151
0 members and 1,151 guests
No Members online

Old 08-28-2007, 08:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA2D '91 View Post
It's unfortunate that anyone has to go through this...PERIOD!

I heard on TJMS that he supposedly asked his church members (yesterday) to pay for his defense The Raven fund or something about a Raven.

Is it true that JB basically "made" this man popular and that no one really knew of him until she married him?
Jawn Murray confirmed this morning that The Raven Fund does not exist and Weeks did not ask for any money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksocialite View Post
Although some of her ministry (and motives) may be questionable, we can not argue a few facts:

5) Women have to be careful who they select as mates. Some men can be very jealous and often this trait doesn't come out until after the woman begins to achieve great success.

6) God will not bless mess. Yes, there have been rumors of how the relationship came to be and I remember my Grandmom always saying that the Lord will never bless one woman with another woman's husband.
Amen @ #5.
Say whaaaaaaaaat @ #6 unless this is a generality and not specific to Juanita Bynum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delph998 View Post
You said something right there! Nuff said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conskeeted7 View Post
Surprisingly, Donnie McClurkin had something similar to say about the situation. He said that some people are 'pimping' the people of God right now. There are lots of people who are not truly called or anointed but have gotten titles and positions. He said that the people within the church need to speak up and be more vocal about who is leading them and what is going on in their lives. If you know that your pastor beats his wife, how can he tell you anything about what to do in your life and your family? That's not saying that he can't pray for forgiveness and repent, but too many people are sitting in churches not saying anything about the wrong that's going on within them.
Amen! Some people need to get their spiritual discernment turned on and stop just accepting the pastor as truly God's chosen disciple. Don't place yourself under the spiritual authority of just anybody.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide4 View Post
Amen @ #5.
Say whaaaaaaaaat @ #6 unless this is a generality and not specific to Juanita Bynum.
I am not in the loop on the rumors, did Juanita Bynum steal someone's husband?!? Make it plain for me...

Last edited by ljkelly; 08-28-2007 at 09:48 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-28-2007, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

What you all are saying is so true and timely.

My father is a pastor of a fairly large church here in Minnesota. And as a preacher's kid (and for the record, I'm not bad - ask Ladygreek! ) and a member of the first family, people expect to us live our lives without spot or blemish. I try to make it very clear to them that we're human just like the next person. We have to give an account to God just like the next person so stop putting us on a pedestal. It's so easy for members to do that. And it's also easy for preachers/leaders/etc. to get the big head and start getting bold in their wrong doings because they were put on this pedestal. I guess I wanted to speak to this because I know that this incident is clearly wrong, but we all have our weaknesses and unfortunately, their issues were exposed.

On another note, I didn't know anything about Sis. Bynum taking somebody else's man! Now that ain't right.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

My father is a pastor of a fairly large church here in Minnesota. And as a preacher's kid (and for the record, I'm not bad - ask Ladygreek! ) and a member of the first family, people expect to us live our lives without spot or blemish. I try to make it very clear to them that we're human just like the next person. We have to give an account to God just like the next person so stop putting us on a pedestal. It's so easy for members to do that. And it's also easy for preachers/leaders/etc. to get the big head and start getting bold in their wrong doings because they were put on this pedestal. I guess I wanted to speak to this because I know that this incident is clearly wrong, but we all have our weaknesses and unfortunately, their issues were exposed.

On another note, I didn't know anything about Sis. Bynum taking somebody else's man! Now that ain't right.
You're right. We do place pastors and their families on pedestals. I know some folks trip when they hear that their pastors listen to R&B and/rap music or go to the movies.

I've learned as I became an adult that pastors, like teachers, are people too. I know as a teacher my kids used to trip when they saw me in the grocery store or that I liked the same songs, movies, etc. that they liked.

Some pastors, bishops, etc. place themselves on pedestals and want you to make them into a golden image. You know?

All fall short of God's glory, including the pastors and his children.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to RBL
Quote:
You're right. We do place pastors and their families on pedestals. I know some folks trip when they hear that their pastors listen to R&B and/rap music or go to the movies.

I've learned as I became an adult that pastors, like teachers, are people too. I know as a teacher my kids used to trip when they saw me in the grocery store or that I liked the same songs, movies, etc. that they liked.

Some pastors, bishops, etc. place themselves on pedestals and want you to make them into a golden image. You know?

All fall short of God's glory, including the pastors and his children.
ESPECIALLY the children
Old 08-28-2007, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBL View Post
ESPECIALLY the children
Aight RBL!!
Old 08-29-2007, 07:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanizdSkillz
Quote:

As a fellow PK, I can definitely co-sign on this. When I became able to make my own decisions as far as a place of worship, I completely digressed from the Full Gospel Baptist Fellowship (Bishop Paul Morton, Presiding Prelate) where my father is a minister in. It's just all too much to bear, especially when you know for yourself what goes on behind closed doors and from out of the pulpit.

As far as JB "stealing" someone's husband, the issue arises that she gave a prophecy to Weeks and his then wife concerning the restoration of their marriage. Shortly thereafter, Weeks & Bynum were in the courting stages of their relationship.

Quote:
I know I never heard of him until he married her, but that's not saying much about me and all of these bishops, elders, apostles, prophets, and prophetesses that are popping up like nail salons owned by Asians.
I'm pretty convinced at this point that they have Apostle licenses on sale at Wal-Mart for 49.95. Apostle is the new Bishop I suppose. The funny thing is, an Apostle is someone who goes about and establishes churches under one fellowship IE: BISHOP Paul Morton, BISHOP Eddie L. Long. I emphasize Bishop because even though both of them act under the capacity of Apostles, they are yet still under the title of Bishop. I've come to find that those who take on this Apostle title are usually pastors of storefront churches whose membership peaks at about 50 on a good Sunday. Despise not small beginnings, true enough, but also be a steward over the few things first and not jump out of your lane into someone else's.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jer 29:11)

Last edited by UrbanizdSkillz; 08-29-2007 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BlessedOne04 Send a message via Yahoo to BlessedOne04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksocialite View Post
3) Christian marriages are magnets for attack, particularly when the couple is also clergy. Paula White and her husband are divorcing now as well.
Not Paula White!!
Old 08-29-2007, 08:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanizdSkillz View Post
As a fellow PK, I can definitely co-sign on this. When I became able to make my own decisions as far as a place of worship, I completely digressed from the Full Gospel Baptist Fellowship (Bishop Paul Morton, Presiding Prelate) where my father is a minister in. It's just all too much to bear, especially when you know for yourself what goes on behind closed doors and from out of the pulpit.

As far as JB "stealing" someone's husband, the issue arises that she gave a prophecy to Weeks and his then wife concerning the restoration of their marriage. Shortly thereafter, Weeks & Bynum were in the courting stages of their relationship.

I'm pretty convinced at this point that they have Apostle licenses on sale at Wal-Mart for 49.95. Apostle is the new Bishop I suppose. The funny thing is, an Apostle is someone who goes about and establishes churches under one fellowship IE: BISHOP Paul Morton, BISHOP Eddie L. Long. I emphasize Bishop because even though both of them act under the capacity of Apostles, they are yet still under the title of Bishop. I've come to find that those who take on this Apostle title are usually pastors of storefront churches whose membership peaks at about 50 on a good Sunday. Despise not small beginnings, true enough, but also be a steward over the few things first and not jump out of your lane into someone else's.
@ the first bolded
LOL @ the 2nd
SAY THAT!!!!! @ the 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedOne04 View Post
Not Paula White!!
I never heard of Paula White until last week when my mother sent me this article http://www.tbo.com/news/nationworld/MGBHZDANO5F.html
which lead me to this article http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGBX8J8442F.html
and then Friday I found out about their divorce http://www.tbo.com/news/nationworld/MGBA6S84Q5F.html
Old 08-29-2007, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Good @ The Raven rumor and Weeks' request.

Re: Bishops and such... @ Paul Morton. My co-worker's son "oversees" one of his new churches in BR. I guess he'll be coined a Apostle, soon. She's kind of b/c I won't visit the church when I go home. Ummm, I don't visit my mother's church that often. I always make my way to my church on a Sunday AM.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Good @ The Raven rumor and Weeks' request.

Re: Bishops and such... @ Paul Morton. My co-worker's son "oversees" one of his new churches in BR. I guess he'll be coined a Apostle, soon. She's kind of b/c I won't visit the church when I go home. Ummm, I don't visit my mother's church that often. I always make my way to my church on a Sunday AM.
Hmm this Bishop Morton stuff sounds pretty juicy. I like the song that they play on the radio by him but I don't know much about him. Until the song, I never knew that he was in New Orleans, the colon cancer, his grandchild dying but God gave him double for his trouble. **doing my Aunt Esther shout**
Old 08-29-2007, 09:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Please... other stuff, other stuff, and other stuff. It is juicy.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanizdSkillz View Post
Well, thanks for making it plain...
Old 08-29-2007, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to kommitted1973
Quote:
Hmm this Bishop Morton stuff sounds pretty juicy. I like the song that they play on the radio by him but I don't know much about him. Until the song, I never knew that he was in New Orleans, the colon cancer, his grandchild dying but God gave him double for his trouble. **doing my Aunt Esther shout**
I like the Bishop. He comes to my church every year to do Revival

I haven't been to his church here in Atlanta tho.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanizdSkillz
Quote:
LOL @ the shoutin

And yes, trust me I know the conversations and the mess that goes on behind the scenes with Bishop Morton. His brother pastors here in Atlanta as well. I've been present for one too many conversations where plots of an ungodly nature have been made for different church services/conferences/events. You'd be amazed at what is discussed in the "inner circle".

Quote:
Please... other stuff, other stuff, and other stuff. It is juicy.
You ain't never lied.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jer 29:11)