GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,144
Threads: 115,588
Welcome to our newest member, Toeshoes
» Online Users: 1,497
1 members and 1,496 guests
IllyPolly

Old 05-02-2002, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up The Cosby is my FAVORITE SHOW!

OH MY GOD, I LOVE THE COSBY SHOW!!!!!

My favorite Cosby kid: Rudy when she was little (not big, at all)
My favorite Non-Cosby kid: Kenny he was so damn funny
(Buuuuudd)
My favorite episode: The one when they have Vanessa's
boyfriend over for dinner and they announce they are
engaged. Cliff flips out but then when he tells Cliff that he
owns a house he "LOVES" him. LOL Then they cannot
even see the stone the ring. Theo tells her that it might
have fallen off; and Vanessa gets upset telling them that it
is there. LOL
That show is soooo funny!!!!

Ronnie
Old 05-02-2002, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DableST_1
Quote:
Originally posted by Virtual Violet
I heard on TV tonight that Katie Couric is interviewing the cast of The Cosby Show, tommorrow (May 3rd) Of course, the interview includes our own Soror Keisha Knight Pulliam

I'm not sure which hour the interview will take place, probably the second hour tomorrow.

Check it out, and weigh in here
who is KAtie Couric, and what station is she featured on??? and what is the time???
Old 05-02-2002, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DableST_1

who is KAtie Couric, and what station is she featured on??? and what is the time???
The Today Show on NBC, 7 a.m. - 10: a.m., weekdays. The Today Show has been featuring reunions from the NBC shows of the past 75 years for the network's anniversary.
Old 05-03-2002, 01:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladyjag99
Does anyone know anything about the reunion show? There's supposed to be one later on this month (without Lisa Bonet). Details are greatly appreciated.
Old 05-04-2002, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyjag99
Does anyone know anything about the reunion show? There's supposed to be one later on this month (without Lisa Bonet). Details are greatly appreciated.
I believe it is scheduled to air on May 19.
Old 05-14-2002, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Cosby Show Marathon

WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE COSBY KID?

Theo. Because he was a cutie. I also liked how his character progressed from being the not-so-smart kid to a college graduate and responsible and splendid looking young man. But I had a lot in common with Vanessa in her younger years as I was the big sister to a "Rudy"-like lil' sis.

WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE NON COSBY KID?

I personally liked Peter. I liked the hilarity of his quiet persona. I liked Kenny as well with his "My brother says"...I love when Rudy tells him " I don't care what your brother says!". But here's an episode that did it for me...when the family discovers a mouse in the house and Peter runs out almost as fast as he came in.

WHAT WERE YOUR FAVORITE EPISODES?

My favorite episode is when the family celebrates Grandma and Grandpa Huxtables' 50th Anniversary. I loved when Rudy sang that Ray Carter song...as she belted "BABYyyyyeee! Babyyyyeee, oh, baby now!"....then Cliff enters the scene with "I said, Baby..." and his eyes bulge out of his socket.

I loved the following "Theo"-centered episodes
-When he sings "Justine, Justine"
-When the family teaches him the value of money
-When he and Cockroach both try to go on a video show.
-When he and Cockroach take their dates to the prom by plane and they return to the house looking a "hot mess"
-Theo's date with Tonya
-When Theo and Cockroach create a rap to remember scenes from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar

I also liked when the kids did a skit on "What hapened in 19xx" in celebration of Claire's 50th Birthday. They wore outfits depicting the style of that period. I think Placido Domingo was on that show as well and he and Claire sang a duet together in Spanish.

I love the episode where Cliff and Jeremy (one of Vanessa's boyfriends) talk honestly about their (Jeremy and Vanessa's )relationship.

I love any episode where the Huxtables' neighbor Jeffrey came on. He was sooo funny. Especially the episode when he goes out to buy a flashy car. His description is so funny. The hilarity!

I also love the episode where Cliff prepares a lavish Caribbean dinner for Claire in celebration of their anniversary.

I also loved the episodes that Lena Horne, Betty Carter (now deceased), and Stevie Wonder appeared in.

I also loved episodes where I would see Claire in the courtroom or at her firm. Those scenes were powerful images for me as a child.

I loved when Grandpa Huxtable and his friends were on the show talking about their Hillman days.

I also liked it when Claire and Cliff visited their Alma Mater for graduation. They were there to celebrate the retirement of one of their beloved president.

I liked when Claire and her girlfriends gathered and discussed one of their professors at Hillman who had a high pitched and high-pedigree-sounding voice.

If I think of more episodes, I'll return to post them

WHAT WAS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE EPISODE?

My least favorite episode was the Muppets episode wherein Cliff had a horrible dream after eating a hoagie and all of the men were pregnant and muppets were all over the place. I was a little bit older by the time this episode aired. If I were say, 4, I would have gotten a kick out of it. But even in that episode...Jeffrey Engel (the Huxtables' bald headed neighbor) cracked me up as he gave an account of the birth experience. His accentuating of the "ESCRUCIATING pain" was hilarious to me.

Oh, I must add that I loved a one-liner of Cliff, and use it sometimes. Scene: Cliff is baby sitting Winnie and Nelson. One of the babies looks at him attentively, while the other one doesn't. Cliff looks at the unattentive one and says: "Oh, this one is not too brite."

Last edited by nikki25; 05-14-2002 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-14-2002, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

My favorite show was when Heathcliffe and his old college professor were playing his father and his father's best friend in a card game. Heathcliffe had to rub his father's head and it took all of his strength (so it seemed) to do it.

I have two favorite DIFFERENT WORLD episodes. One was when RON and DeWayne were on line. The other episode was when Ron and DeWayne were fighting those white guys from Avery (I think).

Many of the members and guests of the Different World and Cosby Show were on SCHOOL DAZE as well (Good Idea for a thread). A lot of young black actors got their start thanks to Spike Lee and Bill Cosby.
Old 05-19-2002, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Have you noticed. . .

. . . that they are not showing Lisa Bonet at all?

I wish they would show an adult PETER. **EDITED: They SHOWED PETER.**

They did not even let Martin come on. Where are Winnie and Nelson? Where are the grandparents?

Bobby Earl was right. A lot of folks got their start via the Cosby Show or were on as an extra:

Adam Sandler
Lela Rochon
Angela Bassett
Robin Givens
Malinda Williams (Bird on Soul Food the Series)
Blair Underwood
Kadeem Hardison
Naomi Campbell

PUFFY?!?!!? Why was he allowed on there?

Last edited by CrimsonTide4; 05-19-2002 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-19-2002, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

They showed the grandparents and WOW the granddad has aged.

I was so glad to see Kenny but can I please see CARL "COCKROACH" PAYNE?!?!!?!

Did you all know that the doctor who gave birth to the twins was "CHOIR BOY' from the 5 Heartbeats? I keep meaning to tell you that.
Old 05-19-2002, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
They showed the grandparents and WOW the granddad has aged.
It looked as if they are a couple in real life. Did anyone else know that?
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 05-19-2002, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ladygreek

It looked as if they are a couple in real life. Did anyone else know that?
Yeah it did.

I was moved by Bill's speech at the end how they never received any awards yet they were a universal show with quality acting and introduced America to a "Stable" BLACK family as well a lot of different things about music and art. It never entered my mind that they were passed over. They were the start of the revival of must see TV. BOOOOOOOO LOSERS.

Did you all notice Bill sporting his OMEGA pin?
Old 05-20-2002, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DELTAQTE Send a message via Yahoo to DELTAQTE
Talking I watched

And I almost jumped for joy when they showed peter. Boy he sure hasn't changed, he looks like a big staypuff marshmellow man. And I liked seeing Kenny. Now I really am wondering if Kenny and Keisha are together in life.

Yeah I think the grandparents are together. And I liked what Bill said about Phlisah(sp) Rashad and how she got teary eyed.

Keisha and the rest of the kids have really aged well. Raven does look too old for her age though.

yeah I wanted to see FINE cockroach also.

QTE
Old 05-20-2002, 03:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
Did you all notice Bill sporting his OMEGA pin?
not only that but he threw up the hook. i guess it's the neo in me but i got c-r-u-n-k!

i must've missed them showing peter. but then again, i was flipping back and forth between that and the survivor finals (i'm so happy that the sista won the money!!!)

SOROR CT4 (), i myself was wondering, "who made puffy the cosby show expert??" i wish someone would tell me exactly why they chose him to do commentary

i'm also glad that SOROR KEISHA KNIGHT-PULLIAM () has gotten cute again! i thought her hair looked nice. but, what's up with malcolm? he looked a little, how you say, grusty (not sure what the term grusty means or if it really has one but it seems to aptly describe his appearance)

all in all, i enjoyed this special. the cosby show is one of my all-time favorite shows. they just don't make quality programming like they used to...

I Stay Woke!!
Old 05-20-2002, 03:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Hope you do not mind me posting in your forum.

I saw this tonight!!!!!!!!

I am a huuuuge Cosby Show fanatic!!!!

I did not get to see the last hour b/c I was on the phone. The first hour was great! Sondra wasn't there though, but Elvin was. Anyone know where she was??
Old 05-20-2002, 06:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SATX*APhi
Sondra wasn't there though, but Elvin was. Anyone know where she was??
Sondra was there. The only Cosby kid who was MIA was Lisa Bonet BKA Denise.

CTFU @ GRUSTY!! Is that a combo of GOOD & CRUSTY!!

I missed Bill throw up the hooks but I would not be surprised.

Puffy's teeth y'all -- why!??!? Bill might as well have had Mighty Mouse host it.