GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,147
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, misskesha
» Online Users: 1,398
0 members and 1,398 guests
No Members online

Old 06-08-2003, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RedFox
Thumbs up Volunteers!

Lets Go Vols!! Anyone else here a Tennessee Vol fan??!
Old 06-08-2003, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ktsnake
Here's a link to some views of what the completed rennovations will look like:

http://www.yasakusuma.com/stadium.htm
Awesome! Looks like they're gonna add even more seating to the east stands (the student section) and add even more seating and amenities to the rest of the stadium - even parking! (Parking probably for the big donors or big-ticket seats, though.)

Alpha Alpha (University of Oklahoma) Chapter, #814, 1984
Old 06-08-2003, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to steelepike Send a message via Yahoo to steelepike
Quote:
Originally posted by OUKate

1. Beat OSU. They're coming to Owen Field -- keep Woods covered and shut down Fields and we should be fine. With the stadium addition, OU will rival A&M for noise. The home atmosphere will be incredible, and it'll be a big help -- especially for that game It'll be a tough win, but the game needs to be won.

Yes that may not be the fans number one goal but it should be the goal for the Sooners, if they can't even be the best team in the state how can they be the best in the nation. Continuing, i have no idea what i am going to do for this game, as i am a Cowboy born but soon to be a Sooner. You forget the rushing of Bell that helped keep the defense from just looking at the Feilds-Woods tandem. But without Lewis to help at WR for an extra option its gonna be tough.

I don't think Orange is going to be worn with pride after Bedlam this year.
Old 06-08-2003, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by steelepike
Yes that may not be the fans number one goal but it should be the goal for the Sooners, if they can't even be the best team in the state how can they be the best in the nation. Continuing, i have no idea what i am going to do for this game, as i am a Cowboy born but soon to be a Sooner. You forget the rushing of Bell that helped keep the defense from just looking at the Feilds-Woods tandem. But without Lewis to help at WR for an extra option its gonna be tough.

I don't think Orange is going to be worn with pride after Bedlam this year.
As long as OU's D-line can remain healthy -- Tommy Harris without the groin injury should be pretty scary. OU signed a 5-star DT in Lawrence Dampeer but Kory Klein should be lining up next to Harris.

It just looks like OU's D is going to be a monster this year. If they can play consistantly they'll be a hard team (almost impossible) to beat.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 06-08-2003, 05:30 PM
wreckingcrew

Anyone else interested in seeing how the offenses of Tech and Texas are going to be with them installing new quarterbacks this year?

Texas is replacing Simms, which, if i was an OU fan might make me nervous(if i'm a sooner, from now till the day i die i want to see chrissy lining up under center for the horns) and Tech is replacing Kingsbury.

Texas i think will be fine, Mocks' a good QB from what i've heard, and they've got one of last years top recruits, Vincent Young coming off the bench. I have no idea what Tech's QB situation is, but they may be struggling to find someone to replace Kliff. Kliff was no physical speciman, but he ran that offense like an engineer and i'm interested to see who the Raiders trot out to replace him this fall.

Kitso
KS 361 times a day i say, we've GOT to beat Tech in lubbock this year
Old 06-08-2003, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by AggieSigmaNu361
Anyone else interested in seeing how the offenses of Tech and Texas are going to be with them installing new quarterbacks this year?

Texas is replacing Simms, which, if i was an OU fan might make me nervous(if i'm a sooner, from now till the day i die i want to see chrissy lining up under center for the horns) and Tech is replacing Kingsbury.

Texas i think will be fine, Mocks' a good QB from what i've heard, and they've got one of last years top recruits, Vincent Young coming off the bench. I have no idea what Tech's QB situation is, but they may be struggling to find someone to replace Kliff. Kliff was no physical speciman, but he ran that offense like an engineer and i'm interested to see who the Raiders trot out to replace him this fall.

Kitso
KS 361 times a day i say, we've GOT to beat Tech in lubbock this year
Isn't every QB at Texas a "prototypical NFL quarterback" that later doesn't quite live up to his billing?

I think that despite the talent at Texas, the coaching situation has muddied the water. I don't care how good Mock is, it's Mack you have to worry about.

I think this year, same as before he'll again be outcoached in the RRS.

I wouldn't be worried about Tech. Leach is a damned good offensive coach. Probably would be a better fit in the Pac-10 but he's good at producing successful QB's. Whoever replaces Kliff will be dangerous.

I think this year, with all the question marks that Texas has they'll maybe have 3 or 4 losses. They'll lose to Oklahoma and A&M with possible losses to either KSU or Okie State.
Old 06-08-2003, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
As long as OU's D-line can remain healthy -- Tommy Harris without the groin injury should be pretty scary. OU signed a 5-star DT in Lawrence Dampeer but Kory Klein should be lining up next to Harris.

It just looks like OU's D is going to be a monster this year. If they can play consistantly they'll be a hard team (almost impossible) to beat.

Yeah the D has been the big threat every year but it did jack in the last Bedlam Game. And the year before the offense did nothing. No more worries for the D i am worried about their offense, replacing Hybl with a guy who has a knack for getting hurt then there's Q, thats the easy trade. But can their high power names win the big game. Even Simms was said to be a good NFL QB but he had trouble winning the big game. And the D line is not their weakness its the secondary where they get toasted.

I am hoping the Texas teams put forth good efforts as well. I expect them to. Tech's new Qb is supposed to have a stronger are than Kingsbury and the Longhorns have a stable runner.

Does anyone really remember the name of Ohio States QB?

Krenzel, so you don't need a big name QB to win he just has to perform and that's just what he did for the Buckeyes.

Last edited by steelepike; 06-08-2003 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-08-2003, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yeah the D has been the big threat every year but it did jack in the last Bedlam Game. And the year before the offense did nothing. No more worries for the D i am worried about their offense, replacing Hybl with a guy who has a knack for getting hurt then there's Q, thats the easy trade. But can their high power names win the big game. Even Simms was said to be a good NFL QB but he had trouble winning the big game. And the D line is not their weakness its the secondary where they get toasted.

I am hoping the Texas teams put forth good efforts as well. I expect them to. Tech's new Qb is supposed to have a stronger are than Kingsbury and the Longhorns have a stable runner.

Does anyone really remember the name of Ohio States QB?

Krenzel, so you don't need a big name QB to win he just has to perform and that's just what he did for the Buckeyes.
A little further back, just look at Heupel. Poor guy got cut from Arena Football because he failed his physical (wrist).

But he was a badass in his prime.

Maybe he'll be coaching QB's somewhere soon.
Old 06-08-2003, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
AggieSigmaNu361 said:
BTW, i don't know if your stadium addition will be enough. They're drawing closer to finishing our South endzone athletic complex.
Yeah, but your new athletic complex will still have nothing on the Switzer Center. Believe me. And we already have seats in that endzone -- and plans to add more in the north and south within the next 5-10 years!

Of course, we still won't have near enough parking and the streets aren't wide enough for the traffic, but you can't have it all.

AlphaSigOU, they've taken out the parking lot on the east side of the south oval -- that's where the new College of Journalism building is going. The parking garage west of the stadium will replace that lot during the school year, and it'll be donor parking during football games. (Of course!)
Old 06-09-2003, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaSigOU
Awesome! Looks like they're gonna add even more seating to the east stands (the student section) and add even more seating and amenities to the rest of the stadium - even parking! (Parking probably for the big donors or big-ticket seats, though.)
Hope it's great -- certainly has messed up the traffic pattern through campus!

When our son was recruited there (for academics, not athletics), the National Merit Scholars folks there told us O.U. would be national champions within the following two years.

Close last year, but no cigar. So, it has to be this year. National Merit recruiters wouldn't lie would they?

Side note -- I didn't know Joe Castiglione was the AD at Oklahoma. Used to deal with him when he was an AAD at Mizzou and I was televising Colorado Football. Good guy.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 06-09-2003, 02:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
A little further back, just look at Heupel. Poor guy got cut from Arena Football because he failed his physical (wrist).

But he was a badass in his prime.

Maybe he'll be coaching QB's somewhere soon.

Heupel a Badass. Thats the funniest thing i have ever heard. He was a decent QB who could run the spread offense well enough to get by. FSU put a good hold on all those yards he could get and OSU also kept it close that year as well. Heupel didn't have a strong arm nor could he be very accurate for long distances, he did have good vision, I'll admit to that. But when it comes to it his WR were mostly reformed RB who could break tackles and make plays, exactly what the spread offense is designed for. Heupel like Kingsbury is a product of his offensive strategy, nothing more.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Heupel a Badass. Thats the funniest thing i have ever heard. He was a decent QB who could run the spread offense well enough to get by. FSU put a good hold on all those yards he could get and OSU also kept it close that year as well. Heupel didn't have a strong arm nor could he be very accurate for long distances, he did have good vision, I'll admit to that. But when it comes to it his WR were mostly reformed RB who could break tackles and make plays, exactly what the spread offense is designed for. Heupel like Kingsbury is a product of his offensive strategy, nothing more.
You have to look at his production and ability before and after his injuries. He was a completely different player before the bursitus started to bother him.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes his injuries are a big deal why he isn't getting a chance but he was a product of the offensive system, he had great numbers but if college numbers matter Ryan Leaf should have been a stud.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
USC 55
OU 19

'NUFF FUCKING SAID.

Pac 10 overated now my frined?
Old 01-05-2005, 04:37 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305
Quote:
Originally posted by amycat412
USC 55
OU 19

'NUFF FUCKING SAID.

Pac 10 overated now my frined?
I watched some of it and I change the channel after the third quarter. I thought it would be a close game, but it wasn't.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!