GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,142
Threads: 115,588
Welcome to our newest member, CalderTide
» Online Users: 1,142
0 members and 1,142 guests
No Members online

Old 09-07-2013, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
AGDee, you and Low C Sharp have been very helpful. This is good information to share with her. Now, she should be even more thankful since she went through a really competitive recruitment. Thanks!
And to be clear, it does NOT matter in which order she listed the first two. That is the myth of cross-cutting, and it is false.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Where it gets hazy and unfortunately no one can answer with any clarity is what happens when you move into quota addition territory. Would she have gotten ABC, DEF or GHI? NOBODY knows. It seems that schools do it in a variety of ways and it seems all but utterly random. I think a lot of schools like to insinuate that you will get your first choice if you move into QA territory but that is not necessarily true. It COULD be true though. You also might get the smallest chapter of your 3, or you might get the weakest recruiting strength chapter (which is technical mumbo jumbo, especially at schools where size does not necessarily equal recruiting strength). And no schools, as far as I know, are divulging their methodology. It's like the RFM version of membership selection secrecy.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low C Sharp View Post
That's true...but more often than not, where the PNM is trying so hard to avoid GHI, GHI is a WRC that struggles to make quota, and so not many PNMs who rank GHI after pref are likely to end up as QAs.
This is the issue. If you have the low man on the totum pole on your list, you are likely to become a member of that group unless everyone on campus gets quota every year including this group and still take QAs and this group is still the low man. Most likely, though, you aren't going to be a QA.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 09-08-2013, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
That's true...but more often than not, where the PNM is trying so hard to avoid GHI, GHI is a WRC that struggles to make quota, and so not many PNMs who rank GHI after pref are likely to end up as QAs.
Low C Sharp, are you a member of an NPC sorority?
Old 09-08-2013, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Low C Sharp, are you a member of an NPC sorority?
Her advice seems relevant. I hope so. So, from my post after the responses, I was right--right? I just want to see this young woman make the best of a situation because I am not one to sit there and here people "boo hoo" because they didn't get their number 1 choice. Nope, I am not that person to dry your eyes.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Nope, just very involved in student affairs at the university level.
That is so neat! I wish there was a college near me that had a higher ed. masters program. Are you a Greek life advisor?
Old 09-08-2013, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Hoping no news today is good news??? Looking forward to an update
Old 09-08-2013, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry for keeping y'all waiting, and thanks to all of you who clarified my question about SIP.

I know you all want to know how my story ends!!!

Sunday morning was such a stressful time!! After meeting my rho gamma group, we went to our school's convocation. The whole time I couldn't even focus on the ceremony, I was so nervous!! It didn't help that a few girls that SIP-ed who ended up there already knew they got their top choice and couldn't stop freaking out with excitement!!!

Finally the ceremony was over and we walked back to our spot where we would receive our bids. All the girls were already set up waiting to welcome us home!! I started shaking with anticipation, waiting to see what my future would hold! Finally Rosie started to hand out bids!!! She called us up by chapters. Each girl in my group seemed so happy with her bid!! But wait.. she called up DC Cupcakes, without calling up me! The girl in my group ran up, then said to me, "You didn't get DC Cupcakes! You got your first choice!" Even after she said that, it didn't really set in. Finally, she called up DEXTER!! Me and one other girl from my group got in!! We screamed, jump up and down, and put on our shirts!! We ran home... spent the rest of the day meeting our new sisters, and having a great time!!

So want to know what chapter DEXTER is?!

It is....

ALPHA PHI!!!!

I am so happy to have found my home!! It's been great so far and I can't wait for whats to come for my next 3 years in college!! Just goes to show that sometimes the third time is the charm!!
Old 09-09-2013, 12:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 09-09-2013, 01:22 AM

I LOVE an Alpha Phi ending! Congratulations! Come introduce yourself in the Alpha Phi forum.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! I guess the third time really is the charm! I'm glad you found your new home!
When you decide to GO GREEK
!
Old 09-09-2013, 02:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations to you and Alpha Phi! The third time was the charm for me too. I love happy endings.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations, sister! Glad you found your home with Alpha Phi!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:07 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm so happy for you!!! Thanks for sharing your story!