GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,286
0 members and 1,286 guests
No Members online

Old 12-12-2001, 07:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MaMaBuddha
wait a minute.....

you can not say you have never sang the "do re mi" song....c'mon!!!
I learned that in the fifth grade in Mrs. Mosby's music class. Remember IDEAL, sing it with me now:

Do a deer a female deer
Re a drop of golden suuuuuuuuuun
Mi a name I call myself
Fa a long long way to gooooooooooo
So A needle pulling thread
La A note to follow so
Ti, a drink with jam and bread
Do, that's thw way we have to go oo oo oo

Know the song, love the song, am not watching that movie.

LOL, I know you not talking, Imitation of Life is a MUST SEE.
Diana, Miss Ross, if you nasty , I will try her again later over my Christmas break.
Old 01-07-2002, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face OOPS

Quote:
Originally posted by kiml122

I think that is classic that you have never seen Mahogany. I would have never picked this particular movie as one that anyone had not seen....Now if you get a chance to see it over the holidays, remember this was a good movie for that time period, cuz like CornBread, Earl and Me, I liked it back then, but now the acting is just bad.

I forgot to see it. Shoot, well one day I will. I promise.
Old 01-08-2002, 01:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to prospectiverushee
Have never seen:

Dumb and Dumber(I can never seem to watch it to the end when it comes on TBS)

Titanic-no interest in Leo DeCrapdio (sp?) (saw The Beach and it sucked)

Imitation of Life(it came on Turner Classic Movies a few months back and I ended up falling asleep, but what I saw was pretty good)

Miracle on 34th street (I can do It's A Wonderful Life and Sound of Music,but not Miracle on 34th street)

Blair Witch 1 & 2

Ace Ventura 1 & 2

all I can think of for now
Old 01-10-2002, 02:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Three_Love
I've seen WAAAYYYY too many movies...

Let me warn y'all - I'm a movie FANATIC...have seen just about everything mentioned, but feel I must start here...

TO ALL OF Y'ALL WHO HAVE NEVER SEEN MAHOGANY...

You need to rent it!! Ladies especially. For real! And you might as well pick up Lady Sings the Blues while you're at it, and get a double dose of Billy Dee Williams. And Bingo Long and his Traveling All Stars if you can find it, for the triple Billy Dee play. BILLY DEE! BILLY DEE!! Before he did the malt liquor commercials, he was ALL DAT. In Mahogany, when he says, "let me tell you something and don't you ever forget it...success is NOTHING without someone you love to share it with!" GURL, I jes get GOOSEBUMPS!! Or in Lady Sings the Blues when he holds out the $$$ and says, "you want my hand to fall off?" WHEEWWWWW!!! Billy Dee! Billy Dee! Billy Dee! (I'm clapping my hands as I say this, LOL).

NEXT ON THE LIST...THE GODFATHER, PARTS 1 AND 2.
"Fredo...you broke my heart!!"
"I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse..."
"Never ask me about my business Kay."
AL PACINO...ROBERT DENIRO...MARLON BRANDO...JAMES CAAN...Y'all, these are movie masterpieces - you need to see these movies!! What do y'all talk about at parties, LOL.

LET ME THROW IN CITIZEN KANE IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT. RENT IT. IT'S AMAZING. Ditto on IMITATION OF LIFE (Lana Turner version or the original), GONE WITH THE WIND, REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE, THE WIZARD OF OZ, and the Jimmy Stewart Christmas classic, IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. ALL CLASSICS.

And to the person who has never seen Sparkle...IF YOU DON'T RENT IT IN THE NEXT WEEK, I AM REVOKING YOUR CARD!!
SPARKLE IS A BLACK CLASSIC!!! "Sista can't fly with one wing!!" The songs!! A YOUNG, SUPER SEXY PHILLIP MICHAEL THOMAS!! "I want cha to crawl for me..." Irene Cara...Lonette McKee - this movie was my all time childhood greatest!!

DITTO TO THE PERSON WHO HASN'T SEEN PURPLE RAIN. Imma revoke your Prince card if you don't rent it - Morris Day was jokey, LOL.

And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE see The Color Purple. PEOPLE, I'M BEGGING YOU, LOL. Seriously tho, I thought Oprah was gonna win an Oscar..."You told Harpo to beat me."

AND here's a couple more great movies that I consider "must sees":
THE USUAL SUSPECTS, SEVEN, and AMERICAN BEAUTY - Kevin Spacey is incredible!!
FORREST GUMP
SCHINDLER'S LIST
A WALK IN THE CLOUDS (with Keanu Reeves...ladies, you're just going to have to trust me on this one)
GLORY (Denzel!)
ALL SPIKE LEE MOVIES, EXCEPT FOR GIRL 6 AND CROOKLYN (but including BAMBOOZLED and SHE'S GOTTA HAVE IT)
PHILADELPHIA (More Denzel!!)
RICOCHET (Denzel at his all time finest).
OH FORGET IT - ALL DENZEL MOVIES. There. Except maybe Carbon Copy and Mississippi Masala.
NATURAL BORN KILLERS (actually, most of Oliver Stone's stuff is great - didn't he do Born on the 4th of July - which is also great)
FULL METAL JACKET
THE TRUMAN SHOW
LEGENDS OF THE FALL (Brad Pitt is HOT - go see Ocean's Eleven too!
THE LAST SEDUCTION (with Linda Fiorentino...again, trust me on this one - guys, you'll like it too)
WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
CLAUDINE
THE LION KING
ROCKY 1 - 4, cuz 5 was whack
BLAZING SADDLES and HISTORY OF THE WORLD, PART 1
NEW JACK CITY
RESERVOIR DOGS and PULP FICTION
SILENCE OF THE LAMBS
YENTL, NUTS, AND THE PRINCE OF TIDES, for the Streisand effect
WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT
ALL MOVIES WHERE A BLACK PERSON WON AN OSCAR
BABE (yeah, the one about the pig, trust me!)
THE NATURAL, FIELD OF DREAMS, THE BAD NEWS BEARS (only the original), TIN CUP, ANY GIVEN SUNDAY, THE PROGRAM, THE LONGEST YARD, and THE FISH THAT SAVED PITTSBURGH for your sports fix, with THE WATERBOY and HAPPY GILMORE for your jokey sports fix

I know I'm writing a book, but like I said, I'm a MOVIE FANATIC - I love movies, and will go see just about anything. Two final comments:

THE FIVE HEARTBEATS IS A BLACK CLASSIC!!! "how does it feel to be me???"

And while THE SOUND OF MUSIC is a great musical...Imma say that CARMEN JONES is the greatest...and then WEST SIDE STORY, or LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS. It's a toss up, but y'all need to see all 4 of these movies.

And what you hate is, I'm SURE I've forgotten a movie that I really love, LOL. But I'm out!!!
Old 01-10-2002, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Studio 33 (aka The Bob Barker Studio), CBS Television City
Yes, I'm a movie connoiseur (sp?) too

While I have seen way too many movies (all I do on Friday and some Saturday nights is eat pizza and watch movies), My never seen list is:

Queen
Roots: The Next Generation (Vol. 3-7). I saw Vol. 1 and got halfway through vol. 2 before it started to get a little too soap-operaish for me. Yes, I saw all 6 volumes of the original Roots.
The Godfather trilogy
The Star Trek hexilogy
The Scream trilogy
The Rocky quintology
The Blair Witch duology (is that a word?)
Note: While I did see "The Color Purple, it wasn't until four years ago, and my first time was my last. The only thing I cared about was if Celie was going to reunite with her sister, and when she did at the end of the movie, I said "Case closed" and ejected the tape. Needless to say, the movie did not appeal to me.
While I did see American Pie and Scary Movie, I do not plan to view the sequels.
The Sound of Music
It's a Wonderful Life
Casablanca

I saw parts or portions of:
The Lion King
Rosewood
What's Love Got to Do With It (I have never fully seen the first 1/3 of the movie--when Ike and Tina first met).
The Mummy--I saw part 2 though with my now ex-boo and didn't
care for it.
Shaft
Superfly
Dolemite--I did see the sequels in it's entirety and they are all right.

More to follow.
RM
Old 01-10-2002, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to novella000
There are a LOT of movies that I haven't seen...

But one that sticks out in my mind is The Five Heartbeats...

I have peeps who are forever making references to it... and I STILL haven't seen it.
Old 01-10-2002, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I SWUR

Quote:
Originally posted by novella000
There are a LOT of movies that I haven't seen...

But one that sticks out in my mind is The Five Heartbeats...

I have peeps who are forever making references to it... and I STILL haven't seen it.
I am going to get you and Ideal08 in a room with that movie because that movie is chock full of CT4 allusions.

And you were disturbed that I had not seen that Christmas orphanage cartoon. or that wacked out Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

Old 01-11-2002, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to novella000
Re: I SWUR

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4

I am going to get you and Ideal08 in a room with that movie because that movie is chock full of CT4 allusions.

And you were disturbed that I had not seen that Christmas orphanage cartoon. or that wacked out Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

BEAT IT!!!!
Those were CLASSICS!!!!
Old 01-13-2002, 02:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to SigmaRhoyalty2K1
nooo....

Quote:
Originally posted by MaMaBuddha
how can you not see the sound of music...

that is horrible

i have never seen...

rosewood
imitation of life
Imitation of Life was a very good movie. My mother made me sit down and watch it with her. I'm tellin you, I was bawling at the end of it!

SigmaRhoyalty2K1
Old 01-13-2002, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Imitation of Life

For those of you that have cable,

Imitation of Life is coming on this Friday on Turner Classic Movies at 8pm/7pm(cst)

I for one plan on having my popcorn and tissue ready! How about you?
Old 01-13-2002, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to SigmaRhoyalty2K1
Re: Imitation of Life

Quote:
Originally posted by prospectiverushee

Imitation of Life is coming on this Friday on Turner Classic Movies at 8pm/7pm(cst)

Thanks for the info!! I'll definitely be crying on Friday... I'm there... bring the soft tissue!

SigmaRhoyalty2K1
Old 01-13-2002, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

That is one video I had to purchase. There are some that are MUST HAVES.
Old 01-19-2002, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Imitation of Life

Quote:
Originally posted by prospectiverushee

I saw it. All I can say is Sarah Janehad issues. My favorite part of the movie

Knock on the classroom door

Teacher: Can I help you
Annie: I'm here to bring my baby her lunch
Teacher:I'm sorry,but I don't have any colored children in my class
Annie: This is room 3-B. They said room 3-B. (pauses,looking over the teacher shoulder) Oh,there's my baby! Sarah Jane
Teachershocked) Sarah Jane Johnson is your child?!! We didn't know?

Classic,classic stuff! And dayum I wished Lora and Steve would have gotten together. You should have seen me fussing at the tv when Steve made her choose between him and her career
Old 05-19-2002, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

TTT

This was a good thread. I have tons more to add since I have not gone to the movies in ages but here are some

Finding Forrester (own it but too lazy to watch it, I will show it to my students )
The Cider House Rules (have owned it for 2 years still in its wrapping)

I bought Cornbread Movie over Christmas for $5 along with some Speed and Jugs movie with Bill Cosby -- have not watched either.

Training Day
Monster's Ball

Last edited by CrimsonTide4; 12-23-2002 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-20-2002, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to #1 Leading Lady Send a message via Yahoo to #1 Leading Lady
Re: TTT

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
This was a good thread. I have tons more to add since I have not gone to the movies in ages but here are some

Finding Forrester (own it but too lazy to watch it, I will show it to my students)
The Cider House Rules (have owned it for 2 years still in its wrapping)

I bought Cornbread Movie over Christmas for $5 along with some Speed and Jugs movie with Bill Cosby -- have not watched either.

Training Day
Monster's Ball
CT4,

Cornbread, Earl, and Me is a GOOD movie. I bought it on SALE too about 2 months ago but it took me another month or so to watch but to my suprise it was DECENT!! but this is coming for me the diva that has NOT seen the whole entire 5 Heartbeats!!!