GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,108
1 members and 1,107 guests
No Members online

Old 02-14-2013, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Having a daughter who had her own challenging recruitment, I love to read stories like this with a happy ending. I love the humor and grace you showed throughout this thread. I wish you all the best and I'm glad you found your home.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

So happy for you - congratulations!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

So glad you hung in there to pursue a sisterhood -- many congrats to you!

Your story is an inspiring happy ending for girls who have a disappointing formal rush. Thanks for returning to let us know how it turned out for you.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

One of my Rec girls joined that chapter in the fall. She loves it. Got an AGD daughter at another school. Red and Buff roses to you.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks, everyone!

I went to the Greek Life office and got my bid card today! I also met two of the other girls in my pledge class (well, technically I'd met them before, but I didn't know who else got a bid). We asked how many girls got bids and they said 12 "so far" so I guess that means there could be more or less in my pledge class.

I'm super excited to be a part of the small spring pledge class because I hear you end up being super tight-knit when there are so few girls.

The bid day celebration isn't until the 25th and the theme is a pajama party. I'm super excited to meet all of my future sisters and see the beautiful new part of the house. I'm in heaven, y'all!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

and again I say "Yippee!!!"
Old 02-15-2013, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAgirl93 View Post
Thanks, everyone!

I went to the Greek Life office and got my bid card today! I also met two of the other girls in my pledge class (well, technically I'd met them before, but I didn't know who else got a bid). We asked how many girls got bids and they said 12 "so far" so I guess that means there could be more or less in my pledge class.

I'm super excited to be a part of the small spring pledge class because I hear you end up being super tight-knit when there are so few girls.

The bid day celebration isn't until the 25th and the theme is a pajama party. I'm super excited to meet all of my future sisters and see the beautiful new part of the house. I'm in heaven, y'all!
Your timing couldn't be better! The excitement on facebook and twitter today about the chapter moving back into the house is palpable!
Old 02-15-2013, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Yippee!!!

Welcome to our sisterhood!

As Dr. D. says, the house is going to be continued to be FABULOUS!

Hope to meet you one day!
Old 02-15-2013, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDLynn View Post
Yippee!!!

Welcome to our sisterhood!

As Dr. D. says, the house is going to be continued to be FABULOUS!

Hope to meet you one day!
I hope to meet you too! DoctorD as well!
Old 02-16-2013, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Congrats! Welcome to the Syracuse Triad!
Old 02-17-2013, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAgirl93 View Post
I waited and waited for an email. It seemed like forever before I got one. During that time I thought about all the Tory girls I had met during formal recruitment, around campus and during the informal events. They were all so sweet, charming and funny. I hadn't met a single Tory who was negative or unkind. Several days after the party, I got what I was waiting for. A emailed me and said that they were in the process of issuing bids but that she would need me to send her a screenshot of my cumulative GPA from the official school website thing we use as a part of international bylaws. I quickly sent it to her and the waiting game began all over again. In my heart I felt like I had it, but I didn't want to jinx myself. I thanked my lucky stars that my GPA from last semester was good.

The next day at around 10:30 at night I got a call from A. She asked me how I was doing. I said I was great and asked her the same thing. She said she was doing great as well. My heart was pounding. She got to the point.

"I'm calling to let you know that we would like to extend to you a bid to join Tory Burch."

I was stunned. I was so happy I could hardly speak. All I could say was "Oh my gosh." A laughed and I said "I am so excited!" She said she was too and I could hear a smile in her voice. She let me know when and wear I could accept my bid if I wanted to and then we hung up.

I was in utter disbelief.

This is it!

I'm in!

I'm going to be a Tory!

Otherwise known as...

ALPHA GAMMA DELTA!

I'm going to the greek life office on Friday to officially accept my bid! I feel so blessed to be welcomed into such an amazing sisterhood. I cannot wait until Friday and to spend the rest of the semester getting to know my tiny pledge class and the rest of my chapter and future sisters! I know Alpha Gam will change me for life and I am truly, truly thankful that they gave me a chance.

Squirrel power!
Welcome to the Gamma Alpha family On that note...can you please tell someone to post pictures of the house updates?! I can't wait until IRD in April!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartUGA View Post
Welcome to the Gamma Alpha family On that note...can you please tell someone to post pictures of the house updates?! I can't wait until IRD in April!!!
I came here looking for spring recruitment results and house pictures. At least UGAgirls93 came through for me!

Welcome to the sisterhood, UGAgirl93! I'm so happy for you and for Gamma Alpha!

Squirrel Power indeed!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:14 AM

What a wonderful story! As someone working for Alumnae Initiation, I love the your story. Most girls rush during fall and it's wonderful to see your tenacity and going after what you want. I applaud and admire you're courage!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks, everyone! Our "Pajamarama" bid day celebration was yesterday and it was so amazing! These women are some of the sweetest I've ever met and they worked really hard to make us all feel at home. The house is a maze, by the way. It's enormous and so pretty!