Welcome to our newest member, Christos-Cyp
» Online Users: 1,186
1 members and 1,185 guests
MTSUGURL

Old 10-16-2008, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
I think they're like a new form of drug addiction.
no, we still have the same old drugs
Old 10-18-2008, 03:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawn Liebowitz View Post
If you believe you've found the love of your life, don't risk losing her. True love/love that can last forever is much too hard to find.
Yes, I agree. I'm just not happy about my place of employment.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
I think he mentioned something in another thread about his job. I think he's unemployed now....according to the post. I forgot where I saw it.
No, I am not unemployed. I was working two jobs to make ends meet. I worked nights at one and days at the other. My hours changed at one of the jobs so I had to quit that one. I'm not unemployed.

Get your facts straight or ask before you post.

To 33girl. You are absolutely right. She is always going to be making more than me. That's not my concern. My concern is I'm not happy with my job. I deliver pizza, and it's quite embarrassing when we get together with her family and their friends. When we get around the dinner table they'll ask about her job, which gets talked about for about 20 minutes, then they get to me and say so what do you do?

Last edited by LowLite; 10-18-2008 at 03:18 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:29 AM
GreekChat Member

"I'm in transportation"

Seriously though, tell them what your major was and that while you're looking for a job in your field, you're doing whatever it takes to pay the bills. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Besides, they may have connections. If you don't advertise that you're looking for a job, you won't find one.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
"I'm in transportation"

Seriously though, tell them what your major was and that while you're looking for a job in your field, you're doing whatever it takes to pay the bills. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Besides, they may have connections. If you don't advertise that you're looking for a job, you won't find one.
lol yeah, I guess I could say I'm in transportation, but they would say what do you transport?

Actually, I just got off work. But yeah, that's pretty much what I do say. I let them know what I want to go into and that this is just what I'm doing to pay the bills until something comes up.

I have a kid and a fiance who's a doctor and that's what makes me feel ashamed. I need to find another 2nd job though, because when I had two jobs, things were a lot easier when it came to paying the bills. Plus I have student loans to pay back. My fiance has been helping though. She wants me to find something in my field as bad as I do.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU OX Alum View Post
no, we still have the same old drugs
RU OX Alum, if you get a chance on Monday (this monday) watch the Dr. Phil show at 7pm. Well, it's 7pm EST. It's about video game addictions. Isn't that like drugs?
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 10-20-2008, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowLite View Post
Get your facts straight or ask before you post.
My God, how was I supposed to know you had another job?! I thought you just had the pizza job. You said it yourself. You didn't mention a 2nd job anywhere!!!
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 10-21-2008, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
RU OX Alum, if you get a chance on Monday (this monday) watch the Dr. Phil show at 7pm. Well, it's 7pm EST. It's about video game addictions. Isn't that like drugs?

I didn't see Dr.Phil last night, I missed your post.

But, no, I think it would be more like a shopping addiction or a gambling addiction than a drug one.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I didn't see Dr.Phil last night, I missed your post.

But, no, I think it would be more like a shopping addiction or a gambling addiction than a drug one.
Awww man. I should have PMd it to you instead.

RU OX Alum, it was so good. There was this guy who's married and he spends 10-12 hours a day playing video games. He had a job, but he quit. It was something about his wife being sick. Anyway, he took some time off to take care of her. She said during that time he played his video games. lol They have 3 kids and while he's at home, he lets them do whatever they want because he's so into his game. She has to wash all the clothes, clean the house and she pays the bills. She said they're behind on their house payment too. She said it's to the point where he won't come to bed, because he falls asleep on the floor in the computer room where he plays his video game. There was so much more, but that's pretty much what was being said. Ya know, that's just ridiculous.

But an addiction is pretty much anything that's overly done. Something that takes control. Like drugs. They said that the average age of a guy who plays video games is 35. I don't get it.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 10-21-2008, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

geeez ^ that's addiction!
Old 10-22-2008, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Awww man. I should have PMd it to you instead.

RU OX Alum, it was so good. There was this guy who's married and he spends 10-12 hours a day playing video games. He had a job, but he quit. It was something about his wife being sick. Anyway, he took some time off to take care of her. She said during that time he played his video games. lol They have 3 kids and while he's at home, he lets them do whatever they want because he's so into his game. She has to wash all the clothes, clean the house and she pays the bills. She said they're behind on their house payment too. She said it's to the point where he won't come to bed, because he falls asleep on the floor in the computer room where he plays his video game. There was so much more, but that's pretty much what was being said. Ya know, that's just ridiculous.

But an addiction is pretty much anything that's overly done. Something that takes control. Like drugs. They said that the average age of a guy who plays video games is 35. I don't get it.
Everyone on Dr. Phil is ridiculous. I don't play them that much, I actually only have two games for the PS3, but yeah, it is fun. I don't think I'd ever retreat from real life all the way though. That guy has other issues I would say, that led him to that behavior.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I actually only have two games for the PS3, but yeah, it is fun.
Boys and their toys.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 10-22-2008, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Old 10-24-2008, 04:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You said it yourself.
Yes, he did. Don't feel bad, cheers.

Quote:
I lost my job.
But a month later...
Quote:
My hours changed at one of the jobs so I had to quit that one.
If you want people to get their facts straight, maybe YOU should have them straight first.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 10-28-2008, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, you have a child and a financee to provide for. You need to SERIOUSLY consider taking professional jobs outside of your major (as another GC'er recommended) even if it is entry level or something to just get your foot in the door. Recognize this as a stepping stone - allowing you to gain professional experience, health insurance and pay back student loans. This will give you the feeling that you are contributing to the household, and using your degree in some form or fashion (compared to your current jobs).

It sounds like you have a good woman. Your financee obviously loves you if she's waited over 3 years because most women would not have (yours truly included). Do the right thing by her and just be honest with yourself. As another GC'er stated, dig to see if this is the REAL reason for the hesitation in marriage. If it's not, then getting a job in your field of interest won't help it and the stress of marriage will just amplify it.

Last edited by Honeykiss1974; 10-28-2008 at 05:06 PM.