GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,014
1 members and 1,013 guests
John

Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

WIFLSRN: I took today off from work, but I still worked, getting things together for my daughter’s party tomorrow. I know I’ll be pulling my hair out halfway through it though. Too many kids running around, lol.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I use these and they work great. Pets can't mess with them or get hurt by them and when you catch a mouse, all you can see is the tail sticking out, nothing else. Instantly killed. If the image doesn't work, I'll post the Amazon link too.
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...300_SY300_.jpg

I like these. I’ll try these out. Thanks, AGDee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
She might have mentioned the anticoagulants that are closely related to second generation anticoagulants (bromadiolone and brodifacoum), which are the long acting anticoagulants of the indanedione class. Those are really toxic — more than the first two generations. Maybe she mentioned those, or the hypercalcemic agents Aggie mentioned. You’re in Nashville, right? Anticoagulant rat and mouse poisons are the most commonly used in my area. Either way though, I think you overreacted. I highly doubt she meant what you think she did. Also, don’t forget, if you decide to change your mind and go against the glue traps, mice will eat the poisons you put out, then die later on, hidden where you can’t find them.

But the odor will find you. Just sayin…
https://youtu.be/nG0GjjakjaU?si=M3ZD_o5NHDS_BhaK
Lmao! True. That’s another reason I don’t like the poisons. The smell is beyond foul after they die. Can’t find them either. They’ll be somewhere in a vent stinkin.

Quote:
lol
Charlotte passed away a very long time ago. You are way late for that. Yes, I have an Emperor Scorpion, a King Charles Spaniel, and two cats. One of those cats belonged to my husband while we were courting. So, hardly a zoo, Mr.

ETA: And tarantulas and scorpions are normal pets. They require care, too.
Your husband probably killed Charlotte. Dude waited until you were sound asleep, got up, put some bug and spider spray on a Qtip, then rubbed it on Charlotte’s nose. She went to spider heaven the next day. The spray bottle said “For Big Hairy Ass Spiders. Works Fast!” on the label. Lmao!!!!

What the hell kind of care does a damn scorpion need, CG? You can’t love on a scorpion without getting effed up. For real.

Quote:
WIFLSRN: I took today off from work, but I still worked, getting things together for my daughter’s party tomorrow. I know I’ll be pulling my hair out halfway through it though. Too many kids running around, lol.
How old is she turning?
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Your husband probably killed Charlotte. Dude waited until you were sound asleep, got up, put some bug and spider spray on a Qtip, then rubbed it on Charlotte’s nose. She went to spider heaven the next day. The spray bottle said “For Big Hairy Ass Spiders. Works Fast!” on the label. Lmao!!!!
Spiders don’t have noses like we do. Nice try, though. And just for that, you’re going to come back reincarnated as a Mexican red knee tarantula, and someone is going to do that to you.

Quote:
What the hell kind of care does a damn scorpion need, CG? You can’t love on a scorpion without getting effed up. For real.
Depends on the species. Like, for example, I had a client who came in with a sick scorpion. All he needed was a dry tank. It was a Flat Rock scorpion, and too much humidity is really bad for these scorpions. If its enclosure gets too humid for a long time, and the humidity is like 70%-80% for several days, weeks, or even longer, real health issues can show up — like mycosis, and mites, which only causes stress for the scorpion. Parasites do infect scorpions, too, just like any other pet.

Quote:
How old is she turning?
She turned 8 yesterday, but we’re having her birthday party tomorrow.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old Yesterday, 11:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
What the heck are Facebook/Meta crawler bots? Yikes! They sound creepy, lol.
Some, possibly most, Facebook crawler bots are used for malware scanning of links that are shared on Facebook/Meta websites. Sort of like an anti-virus scanner for links that are shared. That helps Facebook defend against people accidentally sharing links with malware and/or bots on Facebook sharing those types of links or even hijacked legit accounts doing it.

These are actually good bots to have as it indicates people are sharing GC links on Facebook/Instagram/etc.

Facebook is also big into AI as well, so they might be scraping content for those purposes.

Probably no search engine spiders / bots, though, as I don't think Facebook has a general web search engine. Those would also be good bots to have if they were competing in the search engine market, though.

Quote:
That’s pretty cool and exciting how the new software you have works, John.
I don't have the new software yet, but soon. The current / old forum software tech we use here is just a bit too inefficient when it comes to handling the longer discussion threads.