GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,210
0 members and 1,210 guests
No Members online

Old 09-19-2024, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
He’s sick as fuck. Did you see the drug video he did with his mom?! It’s in the link you sent me.
Yeah, I saw it. Like you, I thought he was sick, too. But after I saw the video of him sitting next to his mom, that looked more like he’s just a victim of a very bad generational thing. Everything begins at home with the parents and then whatever that experience is, it more likely than not gets passed down to the next generation, and so on. I see it as more of a sad thing than a sick thing.

Man, when you posted “they seized Ditty’s lube” I laughed so hard my eyes got watery. The way you worded it was insanely funny! 😂😂😂😂😂
Old 09-19-2024, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
Yeah, I saw it. Like you, I thought he was sick, too. But after I saw the video of him sitting next to his mom, that looked more like he’s just a victim of a very bad generational thing. Everything begins at home with the parents and then whatever that experience is, it more likely than not gets passed down to the next generation, and so on. I see it as more of a sad thing than a sick thing.

Man, when you posted “they seized Ditty’s lube” I laughed so hard my eyes got watery. The way you worded it was insanely funny! 😂😂😂😂😂
Lmao! I wasn’t even trying to be funny Lol!
Old 09-19-2024, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Why the Beanie Babies gotta be limited edition, CG? I hollered! Lol!
So, I used to collect Beanie Babies when I was a kid. I still have them. They’re still lined up in my bedroom at my parents house.
Quote:
Forgot to add: what do y’all do when your own pet gets sick? Do y’all provide medical help for your own pet? I also forgot to ask you when you mentioned your ER experience, isn’t rat poisoning fatal? I never put it out to get rid of the mice in my house because I didn’t want my dog to eat the bait. That’s why I used glue traps.
No, my practice partner is my vet and I am hers. Where I work, we treat each others pets.

Well, rat poisons are anticoagulants, so yes they can be fatal without the proper treatment. So, they block the synthesis of vitamin K, which is absolutely necessary for normal blood clotting. There’s like two or three generations of it in use, so a lot of it depends on if the client brings in the product container, that way I can identify the poison. It’s just easier to give the proper treatment that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
Clearly, it is a ruse. He literally sent a fundraising email out within minutes of the “attempt.” Furthermore, the only shots that were fired were shot by the secret service. Can’t stop a con from trying to con.
This! Thank you!
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 09-19-2024, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

WIFLSRN: GreekChat is super slow again. I’m sure John will work his magic again by beating the crap out of the bots causing the slow down. Go get em’, John!

HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 09-20-2024, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Lmao!

Wow! Why the Beanie Babies gotta be limited edition, CG? I hollered! Lol!

FACTS! PREACH! What you said here though is why folks won’t accept the truth. They know the truth, but how they feel keeps them ignorant. You nailed it!

Forgot to add: what do y’all do when your own pet gets sick? Do y’all provide medical help for your own pet? I also forgot to ask you when you mentioned your ER experience, isn’t rat poisoning fatal? I never put it out to get rid of the mice in my house because I didn’t want my dog to eat the bait. That’s why I used glue traps.
Please, please, please do not use glue traps- they are very inhumane and often trap animals that were not intended to be trapped like birds or lizards. I can’t tell you how many poor animals I have had to try to peel off those traps. It is a slow and miserable death- something even a mouse does not deserve.
Old 09-20-2024, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Well, rat poisons are anticoagulants, so yes they can be fatal without the proper treatment. So, they block the synthesis of vitamin K, which is absolutely necessary for normal blood clotting. There’s like two or three generations of it in use, so a lot of it depends on if the client brings in the product container, that way I can identify the poison. It’s just easier to give the proper treatment that way.
My vet said there were other kinds of rat poisons that she explained with different effects. I don’t remember all of what she said, she just told me not to use them where my dog can get them. She made it sound like they cause immediate death. So I just decided not to use them at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieAXO View Post
Please, please, please do not use glue traps- they are very inhumane and often trap animals that were not intended to be trapped like birds or lizards. I can’t tell you how many poor animals I have had to try to peel off those traps. It is a slow and miserable death- something even a mouse does not deserve.
I don’t have any pet lizards or birds, just my dog. I don’t deserve to have mouse droppings in my house either. That means there’s mouse urine around too, which I heard was toxic.

My vet was the one who told me to use the glue traps instead, since I worried about the poison.
Old 09-20-2024, 10:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My vet said there were other kinds of rat poisons that she explained with different effects. I don’t remember all of what she said, she just told me not to use them where my dog can get them. She made it sound like they cause immediate death. So I just decided not to use them at all.

I don’t have any pet lizards or birds, just my dog. I don’t deserve to have mouse droppings in my house either. That means there’s mouse urine around too, which I heard was toxic.

My vet was the one who told me to use the glue traps instead, since I worried about the poison.
I thought you got rid of them. I’d get prices on sealing the house.
Old 09-20-2024, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

None of the rat baits cause immediate death. The only way to kill a rat or mouse immediately would be a snap trap. There are three main rat baits used in my area-
The vitamin k antagonistic which causes them to bleed out in 48-72 hours
Cholecalciferol which cause high calcium in the body and causes renal failure- usually takes about 4 days
Then bromethalin which causes brain swelling which progresses to seizures and death - this takes about 48-72 hours but can be as long as five days.
There is a non toxic one that is safe around dogs but I don’t know the name of it as none of the pest control companies use it. The rat eats it and causes selling in the stomach preventing them to absorb water-they die of dehydration. this takes about 3 days. I have had a few dogs come in that were exposed to this rat bait that did not need any treatment.
Old 09-20-2024, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
I thought you got rid of them. I’d get prices on sealing the house.
I did. They come every few months to keep them out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieAXO View Post
None of the rat baits cause immediate death. The only way to kill a rat or mouse immediately would be a snap trap. There are three main rat baits used in my area-
The vitamin k antagonistic which causes them to bleed out in 48-72 hours
Cholecalciferol which cause high calcium in the body and causes renal failure- usually takes about 4 days
Then bromethalin which causes brain swelling which progresses to seizures and death - this takes about 48-72 hours but can be as long as five days.
There is a non toxic one that is safe around dogs but I don’t know the name of it as none of the pest control companies use it. The rat eats it and causes selling in the stomach preventing them to absorb water-they die of dehydration. this takes about 3 days. I have had a few dogs come in that were exposed to this rat bait that did not need any treatment.
I believe y’all, but I’m sticking with the glue traps. I pay the bills in this house, not the mice. That means they gotta go, regardless of how cruel the eviction is.
Old 09-20-2024, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

aggieAXO, how many pets do you have? And are they normal pets? CG has a zoo in her house, and two of them are not normal pets Lol!
Old 09-20-2024, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
aggieAXO, how many pets do you have? And are they normal pets? CG has a zoo in her house, and two of them are not normal pets Lol!
lol
I swear I’m going to reply to this when I’m done ripping and running errands for my daughter’s birthday party tomorrow. You are such a sneaky instigator. I do not have a zoo, and all of my pets are normal, to me.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 09-20-2024, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
WIFLSRN: GreekChat is super slow again. I’m sure John will work his magic again by beating the crap out of the bots causing the slow down. Go get em’, John!

I also noticed that yesterday and spent some time looking into it. Might be able to get it sorted out today.

I'm thinking there may be one or two issues causing the slowdown this time. Similar to previous causes.

There's at least one old very long discussion thread that wasn't yet temporarily archived. That was being accessed yesterday and may be the cause or part of it. That's because on accessing any page of a very long thread this software loads 100% of posts from the database, even if there are many thousands, does some work on all of them then returns the single page that has only 15 or so posts on it. Will be looking into that more and will temporarily archive that thread and any others if they appear to be causing issues.

That problem will/should be permanently resolved side-wide after I change the forum software. There's a lot of work that will go into it and things I need to do before the forum software change, so I'm thinking it will probably be completed approx by the end of the year.

Other potential issue may be that there have been many Facebook/Meta crawler bots on GC lately. Yesterday may have been the most I've noticed so far. I believe it was a Facebook crawler bot that was accessing the old long thread I mentioned and ended up pointing that out to me. After I check on and sort out any thread length issues I'll manage things with the Facebook crawlers if necessary.
Old 09-20-2024, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
lol
I swear I’m going to reply to this when I’m done ripping and running errands for my daughter’s birthday party tomorrow. You are such a sneaky instigator. I do not have a zoo, and all of my pets are normal, to me.
Lmao! I hollered! Girl, you got a big, hairy ass spider, a big ass scorpion, and a dude who’s scared to move and sleeps with one eye open because of them. They ain’t normal pets, CG Lol!
Old 09-20-2024, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I did. They come every few months to keep them out.

I believe y’all, but I’m sticking with the glue traps. I pay the bills in this house, not the mice. That means they gotta go, regardless of how cruel the eviction is.
I use these and they work great. Pets can't mess with them or get hurt by them and when you catch a mouse, all you can see is the tail sticking out, nothing else. Instantly killed. If the image doesn't work, I'll post the Amazon link too.
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...300_SY300_.jpg

Old 09-20-2024, 06:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
She might have mentioned the anticoagulants that are closely related to second generation anticoagulants (bromadiolone and brodifacoum), which are the long acting anticoagulants of the indanedione class. Those are really toxic — more than the first two generations. Maybe she mentioned those, or the hypercalcemic agents Aggie mentioned. You’re in Nashville, right? Anticoagulant rat and mouse poisons are the most commonly used in my area. Either way though, I think you overreacted. I highly doubt she meant what you think she did. Also, don’t forget, if you decide to change your mind and go against the glue traps, mice will eat the poisons you put out, then die later on, hidden where you can’t find them.

But the odor will find you. Just sayin…
https://youtu.be/nG0GjjakjaU?si=M3ZD_o5NHDS_BhaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I also noticed that yesterday and spent some time looking into it. Might be able to get it sorted out today.

I'm thinking there may be one or two issues causing the slowdown this time. Similar to previous causes.

There's at least one old very long discussion thread that wasn't yet temporarily archived. That was being accessed yesterday and may be the cause or part of it. That's because on accessing any page of a very long thread this software loads 100% of posts from the database, even if there are many thousands, does some work on all of them then returns the single page that has only 15 or so posts on it. Will be looking into that more and will temporarily archive that thread and any others if they appear to be causing issues.

That problem will/should be permanently resolved side-wide after I change the forum software. There's a lot of work that will go into it and things I need to do before the forum software change, so I'm thinking it will probably be completed approx by the end of the year.

Other potential issue may be that there have been many Facebook/Meta crawler bots on GC lately. Yesterday may have been the most I've noticed so far. I believe it was a Facebook crawler bot that was accessing the old long thread I mentioned and ended up pointing that out to me. After I check on and sort out any thread length issues I'll manage things with the Facebook crawlers if necessary.
What the heck are Facebook/Meta crawler bots? Yikes! They sound creepy, lol.

That’s pretty cool and exciting how the new software you have works, John.
Quote:
Lmao! I hollered! Girl, you got a big, hairy ass spider, a big ass scorpion, and a dude who’s scared to move and sleeps with one eye open because of them. They ain’t normal pets, CG Lol!
lol
Charlotte passed away a very long time ago. You are way late for that. Yes, I have an Emperor Scorpion, a King Charles Spaniel, and two cats. One of those cats belonged to my husband while we were courting. So, hardly a zoo, Mr.

ETA: And tarantulas and scorpions are normal pets. They require care, too.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 09-20-2024 at 07:02 PM.