GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,506
1 members and 1,505 guests
No Members online

Old 01-30-2008, 12:54 PM

School dreams where you're lost/unprepared are among the most common dreams (recurring or otherwise) that people have. It's because school is a universal experience.

When I was 8 or 9 I used to dream about being trapped in a car and going backwards down a hill by my house - it was awful - I've had it a couple times since I've been older. I think it has to do with not feeling like you have any control over your life.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:13 PM
GreekChat Member

[quote=Benzgirl;1590569]In my recurring dream, I show up to take a test in class and I have never attended the class or done any homework

Ugggg I have that one too. Something like that did happen to me. I forgot I was taking English Lit my soph year. It was a night class and had been cancelled many times due to icy weather. (The Prof was handicapped. I signed up for his class because of his background and I did want to hear what he had to say etc.) I ended up with an "A" in the class and still thank the Man upstairs for an open book essay final. I really think that someone is looking out for me at times. (I have carried as many as 22 or 23 hrs at a time...had to make extra A's to balance out a few C's.)

I also dream I revisit and re-enter houses where I have lived and get stressed that the new owners will realize that I'm there.

My favorite ones are the ones where I can jump straight into the air and fly. I wish I could make those happen every night.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlethiaSi View Post
I have those quite frequently, usually once a month, I feel like my whole body is squished and I can't breathe.

I also have dreams that I'm on a college campus, and I know I'm supposed to know where I am or where I'm going, but i'm lost, and I can't find anyone to ask for directions, and it's dark and raining and I can't yell for help, like it just comes out as a whisper. Yeah, try reading into that one, lol
I have the yelling thing in my dreams too! Anytime there's someone after me or I'm hurt in a dream I try to yell and can't. Since i started having that dream I've been paranoid that if something bad happened I wouldn't be able to scream. haha
Old 01-30-2008, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterXO View Post
I have the yelling thing in my dreams too! Anytime there's someone after me or I'm hurt in a dream I try to yell and can't. Since i started having that dream I've been paranoid that if something bad happened I wouldn't be able to scream. haha
ME TOO!!! omg, that really freaks me out, i'm glad i'm not the only one lol
Old 01-30-2008, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a running away from something bad dream, then I fall off a cliff and fly, only to jump into the water and swim... It is a very weird dream when it happens and I can stop and restart it whenever I want for a different outcome...

There is no spoon

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 01-30-2008, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

Many people have told me that they think my Haunted Mansion dream is frustration with not being able to reach a goal. Could be. One irritating feature of the dream is that sometimes I'm at a place that looks nothing like Disney, only everybody keeps assuring me that this is Disney. And then I start on that stupid quest to find the ride.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

this is a really cool dream story,
I hadnt really dreampt (SP?) ever except a few times when i was little. then we had a sister pass away a few moths ago in a car/ pedestrian accident and that night i started dreaming. it started out like once a week and then it became more frequent. i hated dreaming and could never sleep through a dream but then one night i did and the very next night i had a dream about her. it was like she was teaching me to sleep through a dream so she could come and talk to me in my fream and tell me that even though i was the risk management chair for the formal that we were at the night it happened, it wasn't my fault. it made me have such peace of heart.
I havent dreampt (SP?) since
Old 01-30-2008, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE=ZTA zetahunny;1591033My favorite ones are the ones where I can jump straight into the air and fly. I wish I could make those happen every night.[/QUOTE]

I love those flying dreams, too! They only happen to me two or three times a year.

I remember my dreams almost every night. Sometimes it's just a lingering feeling, and sometimes it's quite vivid. Mr.Hoover never remembers his. Ever. How boring!

My most common reoccurring theme is being chased -- then I can't scream, or the whistle on my key chain won't work, or I can't get the door locked before it's pushed in. Or even weirder, when my legs feel like I'm running through water, I dive in and swim up the street.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I've had a recurring dream where all my teeth start falling out. It doesn't sound all that scary, but it FREAKS ME OUT. I wake up everytime in a panic and have to check to see if I have all my teeth before I even begin to calm down. No clue what it means.....
Old 01-30-2008, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

that teeth thing is creepy
Old 01-31-2008, 12:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: From Rockford IL but go to school at Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Send a message via AIM to jmagnus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTA zetahunny View Post
My favorite ones are the ones where I can jump straight into the air and fly. I wish I could make those happen every night.

I've never had a flying dream. I wish I would though...
Old 01-31-2008, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Many people have told me that they think my Haunted Mansion dream is frustration with not being able to reach a goal. Could be. One irritating feature of the dream is that sometimes I'm at a place that looks nothing like Disney, only everybody keeps assuring me that this is Disney. And then I start on that stupid quest to find the ride.
Do you see colors or just B/W? Have your been to Disneyland, DisneyWorld or both? Which one is it, then? Are the rides the old ones or the new ones?

When you think you have found the "Haunted Mansion" is it truly the way it looks like at the Disney theme parks you know? Does it seem to get further away from you the more you try to get to it?

How do you know that the place your are visiting is NOT Disney? It just happens that the "Haunted Mansion" exhibit is there at the NOT Disney place, but at the 6-Flags park--or whatever...

Unlock your dream gives you the key for yourself, my young padawan...

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 01-31-2008, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

About the colors, I don't remember. We've only been to Disney World and the only thing I can remember is that this place doesn't look like DW but somehow I know in the dream that it is! Sometimes I get on other rides, sometimes I'm just in shops but I always know in the dream that I've just got to get to the Haunted Mansion and it never happens despite lots of searching!

Sometimes I think I've found it although it doesn't look like it and then I'm informed that that's only the fake one.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappamd View Post
I've had a recurring dream where all my teeth start falling out. It doesn't sound all that scary, but it FREAKS ME OUT. I wake up everytime in a panic and have to check to see if I have all my teeth before I even begin to calm down. No clue what it means.....
i used to have one where they were really loose, all of them at the same time, and when i tried to bite/eat something in the dream they all wiggled and made each other move

it freaked me out too
Old 01-31-2008, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTA zetahunny View Post

I have dreams that I can flap my arms really fast and I can float up in the air and hover, but I really have to work at it, and it's a secret that I can do it, but I'm trying to get away from someone or something, and I'm so frustrated because I can't get away fast enough, or there is something blocking my way, like doors, or I float up to the ceiling, or get caught in tree branches if I'm outside. I don't have them very often, but a few times a year.