GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,457
0 members and 1,457 guests
No Members online

Old 12-22-2007, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
^^^ LOL, Benz
Old 12-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low C Sharp View Post
I guess I'm the only one raining on the parade, but when I looked at the pictures, I figured this guy was some kind of rich mogul with lots of cash on hand. Then I read this:

"put his house up for rent and saved for her ring and this night"

Wait a minute, you're not rich? And GOD told you to take out ten rooms at the Ritz and buy a big diamond? How many thousands of dollars did you spend that could have been your next house, your kids' college fund, or even given to the church? Would this evening have been diminished if you'd gathered all her loved ones in ten rooms at the Holiday Inn? I'd love someone to do this for me IF HE COULD AFFORD IT. But if my man took a year to save up five figures and blew it all in one night...I'd think his economic judgment was not compatible with mine.

I know I can't say what God did or didn't tell anybody else to do. I wasn't there. But I think that if you get a message from God telling you to conspicuously consume, you should think about whether you've been watching too many diamond commercials.
I'm sorry. I must have missed the memo that gave you and everyone else the right to criticize this man for what HE decides to do with HIS money.

Last edited by Unregistered-; 12-22-2007 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

i hope they stay together. im a huge marriage pessimist, but i would be embarassed as all hayle if it was me and there was a divorce. cause you know it would make the press, probably faster than the actual "dream" engagement did.

im sure it was sweet and all and the lady is lucky to have found such a man. but me still does a big ol to it all.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree, I would have killed any guy that did that. But I wouldn't have been dating that kind of guy, and he wouldn't have been dating me, because I'm just not that kind of girl. Melodramatic romantic gestures make me suspicious and, frankly, nauseous, so we wouldn't have made it a week. Obviously, his girl was into this sort of thing and it worked - beautifully - for them.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

haters will hate on anything, no matter how well intended....a woman should expect to be treated like a queen/princess as it relates to their man's economic situation...it was beautiful, sweet, well thought out, and romantic...if anyone would actually think less of their SO for doing this, then I believe that speaks volumes about what they think about their own worth...all this guy gets from me is a GOOD job, where are there more like you...?????

When you drop the baggage, your hands will then be free to embrace the blessings...
Old 12-23-2007, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOhsoflyDELTA#9 View Post
haters will hate on anything, no matter how well intended....a woman should expect to be treated like a queen/princess as it relates to their man's economic situation...it was beautiful, sweet, well thought out, and romantic...if anyone would actually think less of their SO for doing this, then I believe that speaks volumes about what they think about their own worth...all this guy gets from me is a GOOD job, where are there more like you...?????
I'm with you Soror! I thought it was very nice. If he is able, then He is able....and that's just that.