GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,582
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,464
1 members and 1,463 guests
John

Old 11-05-2007, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

So sad a lose.
Best wishes and thoughts to Sisters, family and friends.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Have you ever gotten a phone call and from the person's voice, you instinctively know someone has died?

My dad called me the other night and left me a voicemail... He didn't specify anything, but I could tell something was up. I called him back and he asked me if if I'd heard about this student... Apparently my parents are friends with the young woman's family-- my dad and her mom are on the HOA exec board together. Small world. Very sad.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Scandia
Once my friend and I had gone on a road trip. When I came back, my mom told me that FIVE of my friends- all from the church college group- had called. I called one of them back- and she told me "Did you hear about Todd?" (one guy from retreat team- NOT his real name). And my intuition told me "he died in a car crash". But I asked her "no, what happened?". And she said "He died". And I asked her how and she replied "he fell asleep while driving after having gone to Calico Jack's, was not wearing his seatbelt, and his car hit a parked truck and he died immediately". He probably had drank some, though he probably was not drunk either. Did not make it any less shocking or sad.

Theta Phi Alpha
Old 11-08-2007, 09:10 PM

Yes. I remember when I returned back back to UCF after spring break my junior year and there was a message on my answering machine from our president saying, "Hey ZTAngel. I hope you can make it to chapter tonight. There's something very important that we'll be talking about." I could tell by her voice that something was going on. Either we had some huge RM issue happen during spring break or someone had died. Unfortunately, it was the later of the two. One of my sisters was in a terrible car accident earlier that morning and did not make it. Our Nationals flew in for our meeting so that they could be there to tell everyone what happened. It was truly heartbreaking.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:15 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305
Quote:
Originally Posted by sageofages View Post

The greatest tribute to her memory, would be for her family to remind people, to wear their seatbelts.
so true. my thoughts and prayers to her family and friends.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 11-09-2007, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

This is so tragic. Our deepest sympath goes out to her family and the sisters of AEPhi.

Zeta Beta Tau
ZT Chapter