Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,353
4 members and 1,349 guests
John, LaneSig, Phrozen Sands, PrettyBoy

Old 07-11-2007, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Woman, I don't have a job! You all are a bunch of suckers for getting caught up in the system and working for the man!
Old 07-19-2007, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

In the rare week (twice a year at fourth of july and then christmas) it's around a 3-4, the rest of time its at least a 9-10.

A variety of what I do...

Some days I travel across the state... talking spending 8 hours or so some days in the car and in the same day holding hearings/public meetings on cases where people will ask you tough questions, scream, yell, etc.

When I am in the office I spend all day tracking cases, filing new projects, holding conference calls, meetings, etc. and this is for about 60-70 large scale development projects in various stages.

They keep saying they are going to hire someone else to help since my boss moved out of her position and left me training a new girl to help. But I have yet to see the help. This is on top of having to do research for other projects as well. I am lucky if I have any life outside of work right now... all I do is eat, sleep, think about work.

Honestly it is not worth it to me anymore and I thinking about finding something else even if it pays less....
Old 07-24-2007, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

My job is normally a 5, unless someone is getting let go- then it is a 20. I hate sitting in a room watching someone get fired.

Recently I would say my job is an 8, but only because I am trying to do the normal stuff, plus get everything in order for my maternity leave. Oh and annual reviews and open insurance enrollment are also pretty stressful times (those are usually 10s).
Old 07-26-2007, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm Director of Communications for a regional healthcare system. On good days, it's a 2 and during crazy periods it's, oh, a 50. Most of the time it's fun, though.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to sbx_six_eye
My job is pretty straightforward...I'll give it a 3....but on pay week...OMG>>..some days it's like 30 or 40...how can everybody's check be wrong...lol

"Sisterhood Through Motherhood"
Old 07-26-2007, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

OMG!!! MY BOSS IS PSYCHO!!!

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 07-27-2007, 09:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
breeve....

Anytime near deadline: 15
Anytime near the first: 25

Any other time, I'd say a good 7.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink He's on glass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1920 View Post
breeve....

Anytime near deadline: 15
Anytime near the first: 25

Any other time, I'd say a good 7.
A group of us (meaning scientists with Ph.D.'s and some with M.D.'s) found out my boss is on Provigil--it is non-habitforming non-amphetamine...

So, that's why he's acting crazy...

I tell you... A few of us need to get certificates in psychotherapy in Biotech to help crazy Principal Investigators.

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 08-01-2007, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
Today (see the date) is a 15. And why we had a 3 hr staff meeting TODAY of all days, is beyond me.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Eh, I'm at a 4 today...only a few times have I been in the 7-9 range. 10 range...I'd just leave. LOL.

Corporate Thuggin'
Old 08-01-2007, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovelyivy84
Non profit consultant- stress level at a solid 8, although I enjoy it- meeting with the high muckety-mucks is great and a wonderful opportunity, it just requires a LOT of preparation and attention to detail. Not to mention people can lose their jobs based on my recommendations, and it's something I take very seriously. Not to mention wearing a suit and being well turned out EVERY day (no more flip flops at work) is more than my casual behind is used to (although I enjoy it thus far).
It may be said with rough accuracy that there are three stages in the life of a strong people. First, it is a small power, and fights small powers. Then it is a great power, and fights great powers. Then it is a great power, and fights small powers, but pretends that they are great powers, in order to rekindle the ashes of its ancient emotion and vanity.-- G.K. Chesterton
Old 08-01-2007, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Mine can go from 1 to 10 at any given moment. Today was definitely a 1. I'm not sure I even did anything useful today.. well, I guess I did, this morning. Last week though? I was so busy I never sat down and stayed late every day. Doing IT just varies so much. Oh, and it helps this week that 7 of our 8 managers are on vacation this week, including our department chair. We're trying to convince the 1 remaining manager that we should have a retreat at her cottage on Friday. I don't think we're getting anywhere though
Old 08-24-2007, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1920 View Post
Today (see the date) is a 15. And why we had a 3 hr staff meeting TODAY of all days, is beyond me.

This is our work week to get ready for the first day of school. So tell me why our new director scheduled meetings every fricking day this week (how to talk to the parents, how to talk to the kids, how to talk to each other, how to talk to each other about the parents and the kids)

Then on top of that she schedules a tour. Who does that?!! Our school looks like a complete mess, but yet you schedule a tour for prospective parents...THE FRICKING FRIDAY BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS
Old 08-25-2007, 07:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Scandia
School has started.

I feel overwhelmed already.

I just found out they scheduled a program on a Saturday where I planned on being out of town- hopefully my boss will be able to cover it.

If they contact me from the school I'm assigned to work with, it will make things a billion times easier.

Theta Phi Alpha
Old 08-26-2007, 05:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
School has started.

I feel overwhelmed already.

I just found out they scheduled a program on a Saturday where I planned on being out of town- hopefully my boss will be able to cover it.

If they contact me from the school I'm assigned to work with, it will make things a billion times easier.
School starts for me shortly. I feel overwelmed too and it hasn't even started yet, just getting ready for it is stressful enough.