GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,279
1 members and 1,278 guests
No Members online

Old 06-13-2007, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to alphagamphi
Okay its was round 3 also known as p hiltharonphy round ( i hoped I spelled it right) I had a full schedule of 6. I was shocked Delta Delta Delta had dropped me, I really liked them in the previous round but looking back I totally understand why. I was also dropped by ALpha CHi Omega which I was happy about but I was not happy to get invited back to white tiger. The others I was willing to give a chance. Oh I got 6 out of 6 invites back.

First I went to visit dolphin. I talked with Jessie whom was also from California and we were able to talk about living in the small town coming from orange county. It was totally unbelievable. They showed a slide show of sisterhood activities and it made me realize what a diverse chapter this was and it was something that I wanted to be a part of. Then Elle the girl I had talked to in round one came up to me and she was super sweet and the 3 of us worked on the project in the basemeant. It was fun. I was glad I went there. They are definitly one of my favorites. I started seeing myself in this house.

Then I went to white tiger. I talked to Corie and Lindsey whom I kept having to steatch the conversation and seem intrested not to hurt Jordan's feelings. I hadnt told her this was not one of the houses I felt a connection with. They had a easy fun philathrophy project. But this house seemed as the anit athlete house and one that did not want one in. It was more a geeky smart house and I was not into that at all. I just do not see myself in this house. But I later found out Jordan pushed hard for me to keep getting invites back. They had a slide show of the hous eand all kinds of fun stuff that happened during the previous year which was good.

Then I went to bear I was rushed by Caroline whom asked me about my family finances? I thought it was none of her business this was a turn off because I didnt want to be judged by my parents did. It offended me that someone would want based on what my parents do. It made me feel uncomftorable at a 2nd straight party. Then Courtney said she was happy to see me.

Then I went to Panda. I was excited to be here. Jenn rushed me here she reminded me of my older sister whom was a squirrel at her school. It made me feel a connection here. I saw a slide s how of them being silly and everything. I could see myself in this house. I did not have the best time in round 1 but I totally keep falling in love with this house more and more. WE had an ausome conversation about theatere consideing we both enjoyed going to it in high school and i was able to laugh. She was the first one whom complemented me and said that she would be seeing me in the next round whihc I later learned that you can not do.

Then i went to beavers I was paird with girl Amy whom was sweet and sincere and down to earth. I loved talking with her while we helped out their philtharophy which was something i cared about. it was a lot of fun. Then we had fun sipping lemondae and talking as the slide show went by. i was falling in love with this house but not as much as others.

Then i went to squirrel I was stocked to be invited back to this house. We had fun watching the slideshoe with Jana whom was a cheerleader and a girl whom I did not click with as much as others in the past at this house. I was thinking she thought that she was better then me. I had fun watching all the fun things they did as a chapter. I still felt like this could be my home

After the 3rd round my rankings were

Dolphin
Squireel
Beaver
Panda
Bear
White Tiger

Last edited by alphagamphi; 06-18-2007 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphagamphi View Post
Then I went to Kangaroo. I really wanted to like this house because this my mom’s house when she went to school at a different university.
Quote:
There are two lagecies
MY mom is a Pi Beta Phi which i was cut from
My older sister was a kangaroo which is delta delta delta ... I wanted it so badly. I was cut from it after the 2nd round.
Did you mix up kangaroo and cheetah? That sucks to be cut from a legacy chapter after round 1.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Yea I did. Oops...
Old 06-13-2007, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm surprised - I thought most sororities kept legacies through the first invitational round as a courtesy.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
I'm surprised - I thought most sororities kept legacies through the first invitational round as a courtesy.
I thought so too.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterXO View Post
I thought so too.
I agree, but wonder if the legacy doesn't meet the minimum g.p.a. requirement for the group -- can/should they go ahead and release her immediately (certainly with a call to mama or sis) since Panhellenic strictly limits their invite-back numbers and to give the PNM an accurate look at chapters she can realistically join?

Sorry for the giant run-on sentence!
Old 06-13-2007, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBrnHair View Post
I agree, but wonder if the legacy doesn't meet the minimum g.p.a. requirement for the group -- can/should they go ahead and release her immediately (certainly with a call to mama or sis) since Panhellenic strictly limits their invite-back numbers and to give the PNM an accurate look at chapters she can realistically join?

Sorry for the giant run-on sentence!
That's a scenario I didn't think of but would make sense under the circumstances.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
(certainly with a call to mama or sis)
Side note about which I should probably start a new thread. Our Fraternity and Sorority Affairs Coordinator informed me that we were violating campus rules by notifying a member that their legacy had been released. So, now we have to wait until after bids are revealed to call alumnae. Needless to say it has caused problems.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

is that considered a violation of the privacy law?
Old 06-13-2007, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
is that considered a violation of the privacy law?
Actually, she said it violated a rule prohibiting contact between the chapter and the family of a PNM. However, my question is "may we still accept calls from alumnae who have found out from their legacy that she was released?" I feel it is extremely rude to not answer any phone calls until recruitment is over, but it also seems to be what the rules require.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay I had secured references to almost every chapter before I went - and I did not want to go back to one of my legacy chapters but I had family cousins, family friends, aunts, grandmoms that were in other chapters. The one my sister was still active in her chapter at a school in California. I was eliminated from Kappa Delta, Kappa Kappa Gamma and Sigma Kappa.

Okay preferance day I got 3 invities out of a possible 3 invities. I was happy to get a full schedule because a lot of girls did not.

First I went to beavers. I was thrilled to be invited here. Even though I had ranked them 4. Before going into preference I was sure that I would not accept a bid if I was invited her, but all that changed after their party. I was paird with Callie and we hit it off and ended up having the same major and the same intrests such as swing dancing and theratre. Then a few of the seniors stood up and talked about what i meant to be a beavers. It made me cry - it was super emotional. Ive always been an emotional women. I remember I found out later the president gave an emotional talk. I was so excited. I could see myself there and I wanted to be a beaver

Then I went to dolphin. I was paired with Montana but ended up talking with Elle again. I felt like when their seniors were talking and most of them still living in the house that it was totally cool and saying how much they loved dolphin. I had an ausome talk with both of them and it made me feel like I was home at this chapter. I got goosebumps when the seniors got up and just raved and raved about all that squirrel had to offer. They even gave us cheesecake with the tinyiest pieces. Then I saw Jessie whom I had talked in round 3 and was just amazed about how much she remembered. I remember have the same intrests and feeling sad and happy when I left. I knoew i wanted this to be my home

Then I went to squirrel. I talked to Nicki. This was by far the worst conversation I had with a girl. The previous girls had all taken an intrest in me and wanted what was best for me. I thought it was just cool. I cried when the seniors talked I cried. I was not sure I could see myself in this house.

Then i went back with my rho chis and ranked them

dolphin
beavers
squirrell

I wasnt sure I would accept squirrel if i got that bad.

Last edited by alphagamphi; 06-18-2007 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrelyre View Post
Side note about which I should probably start a new thread. Our Fraternity and Sorority Affairs Coordinator informed me that we were violating campus rules by notifying a member that their legacy had been released. So, now we have to wait until after bids are revealed to call alumnae. Needless to say it has caused problems.
Yes, PLEASE start a thread about this, if you haven't yet!
Old 06-13-2007, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I was also dropped by ALpha CHi Omega which I was happy about but I was not happy to get invited back to white tiger.
Quote:
I was eliminated from Kappa Delta, Alpha Chi Omega and Sigma Kappa.
?

Last edited by violetpretty; 06-14-2007 at 12:03 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I meant Kappa Kappa Gamma
Old 06-13-2007, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
That doesn't seem like the case. If she had a GPA issue, she probably would have gotten fewer than 8 out of 12 invites. Sure some chapter GPA requirements are a little different, but if it were low, she would have been cut more places; even if a PNM is right above the minimum, she could still be cut for grades. This is Pac 10 not SEC here! You'd think of all places to get invited back to for first round, she'd at least go to her legacy chapter, especially because she doesn't describe this legacy chapter as a particularly desirable one
(ie one that has to make a lot of first round cuts). She says she didn't have a full schedule for round 2 so that means she had to have been cut by Cheetah and not have cut them herself. I can't think of why though, unless she told the active "I don't want your chapter" point blank.

Last edited by violetpretty; 06-14-2007 at 12:01 AM.