GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,146
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,278
3 members and 1,275 guests
JayhawkAOII, PrettyBoy
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Your campus Greek adviser should be able to provide a break down and comparison.

If members are grumbling about one-time fees and national dues, remind them that no one forced them to join, and that these fees are a membership obligation for ALL members.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Nah, no grumbling (at the moment).

This is for me more than anything. I'm just trying to get an idea overall of where PSK fits in comparison to other greeks in relatively similar orgs.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

What I think it less important is a comparison (you get into apples & oranges like comparision), and more knowing where the money is going. (of course that can lead into stuff like 'why are we paying xx for yy? We can get that cheaper...')
Section 71 Chair
Old 05-22-2006, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

APhiA's initiation fees are on our national website somewhere. They've gone up since I crossed in 2003.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mccoyred
Wow TMI!
I'd have to agree w/ McCoy

The initiation cost of Alpha Kappa Alpha are on a "need to know" basis. I'd venture to say that's about the same for Delta.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by firecracker08
I'd have to agree w/ McCoy

The initiation cost of Alpha Kappa Alpha are on a "need to know" basis. I'd venture to say that's about the same for Delta.
Once again, we are talking about NIC/NPC/IFC. We realize that NPHC is an altogether different thing. NPC is NOT on a need to know, we are required to give that info to all PNMs.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

Ouch...
Old 05-22-2006, 12:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by firecracker08
Ouch...
I'm sorry if you failed to read my previous post and were offended when I posted again that the OP was not asking about NPHC. What is TMI to NPHC and what may be TMI to NPC may be open info to NPHC. No need to get all when we discuss OUR non-privileged info.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Banned

Our initiation dues are around 300 or so. We're one of the cheaper fraternities on campus and it runs about 1200 a year, without initation dues.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face Off goes the p&g jacket...

Actually, I did read your post. But as you aren't the OP, I didn't think you were determining the direction of the discussion. The OP said National/International orgs not specifically NIC/NPC/IFC. My opinion towards YOUR activities is just that...MINE.

As you are not in charge of the internet, I see no problem putting my thoughts out there. If you see such a problem, just ignore them and keep it moving. You are more than welcome/comfortable with stopping by AKA Ave. I thought I could feel the same way about Greek Life Road...but alas...I was wrong.

Putting P&G jacket back on and strollin' down to NPHC Boulevard...
Old 05-22-2006, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

If someone says "hey, join my group" and I'm like "hey how much" and they're like "this is on need to know" I'd be a little skeptical

anyway,

$75 for initiation.

i think $150 to pledge
Old 05-22-2006, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Optimist Prime
If someone says "hey, join my group" and I'm like "hey how much" and they're like "this is on need to know" I'd be a little skeptical
Welllll.....you know recruitment/selection/intake doesn't work quite like that for NPHC orgs.

And again, it's not top secret info for every NPHC org. As I mentioned, it's somewhere on our website.

And yes, I would be skeptical too if I asked someone the cost and they wouldn't tell me.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Personal opinion- If I'm about to do anything that requires me parting with my hard earned dollar, I need to know the cost before I commit-- so I don't walk into a money pit and leave myself competely out of cash--- what good with my sorority badge be if I can't feed myself or put a roof over my head.

Just saying-- you're not going to sign a contract to buy a car without knowing how much it costs. I fail to see how membership dues would not be forthcoming if you were extended an invitation to join- that should be a very important factor to the PNM as well as the organization. For the former "Can I afford this" is just as important as the latter "Can this person pay the dues that sustain this organization?"

ETA: I would assume, that by need to know this means those who are offered membership and just the general public, at the very least?
Old 05-22-2006, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

As a general matter, my organization does not discuss fees in public forums or with the general public. Those interested in pursuing membership are told a reasonable time before the intake process begins.

Senusret I -- Our intake fees are on the Sigma Gamma Rho's Website as well.... in the Sorors Only Section!
Old 05-22-2006, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jessikay1922
As a general matter, my organization does not discuss fees in public forums or with the general public. Those interested in pursuing membership are told a reasonable time before the intake process begins.

Senusret I -- Our intake fees are on the Sigma Gamma Rho's Website as well.... in the Sorors Only Section!
What she said...