GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,217
0 members and 1,217 guests
No Members online

Old 09-29-2004, 09:40 AM
kissy324

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
WAIT!!!! There is a dayum Wendy's on Emery already not far from there. 3 of my neighbors worked there growing up. So you mean to tell me that they are going to put a nice looking Wendys in front of that crappy war torn looking hotel. That Holiday Inn is about 15 stories.

**SMH SMH SMH**

AND, there's also a Wendy's at the big intersection (I think it's at the Chagrin/Warrensville Ctr. Rd. part). How many Wendy's do you need in one area?????? They must be making a lot of money in that area.

But, why would they want it sitting in front of the crappy hotel. Why can't they just blow the building up, for goodness sake??!!!Then they can go right down the street and place a few dynomite sticks underneath the old Zayres.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kissy324
AND, there's also a Wendy's at the big intersection (I think it's at the Chagrin/Warrensville Ctr. Rd. part). How many Wendy's do you need in one area?????? They must be making a lot of money in that area.

But, why would they want it sitting in front of the crappy hotel. Why can't they just blow the building up, for goodness sake??!!!Then they can go right down the street and place a few dynomite sticks underneath the old Zayres.
Yeah I know that Wendys because it has been there forever too. America does not need any more fast food places. Folks are fat enough as it is. Plus that is a bad spot for a fast food restaurant anyway.

Blow up the hotel and the old Zayres. They would do good to put a skating rink there (either Holiday Inn or old Zayres).

What is WE GON' DO?!?!

Either location would also be a good location for a banquet facility.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:12 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305
Quote:
Yeah I know that Wendys because it has been there forever too. America does not need any more fast food places. Folks are fat enough as it is. Plus that is a bad spot for a fast food restaurant anyway.

Blow up the hotel and the old Zayres. They would do good to put a skating rink there (either Holiday Inn or old Zayres).

What is WE GON' DO?!?!

The City should built a vocational training center. that would really be a great asset, or better yet, a boys and girls club of America. those two ideas would work well.

As for having another Wendy's Restaurant, I don't think they would do a lot of business. If you look around Northfield Road, Fast-Food Restaurants like Burger King, Arthur Treacher's and that Chinese Buffet Place are not busy more than half the time.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 09-29-2004, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sigtau305
The City should built a vocational training center. that would really be a great asset, or better yet, a boys and girls club of America. those two ideas would work well.
Both good ideas and as big as the Holiday Inn is, both could go in that one building along with other businesses.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:32 AM
kissy324

Quote:
...Blow up the hotel and the old Zayres. They would do good to put a skating rink there (either Holiday Inn or old Zayres).

What is WE GON' DO?!?!

Hey everyone, I haven't visited the forum in a while (it's been a little busy), but I had to stop through to give a little update. I almost ran over the curb when I saw this... Zayres is GONE!!!!! They finally knocked that building down!!!!! After all these years!!!!!!!!!! They're also tearing up the parking lot, so they're about to build something there. They haven't put any information up as to what they are building there yet, but I can't wait to find out what they are going to put there. I'm just happy to see that old building gone.

BUT....

The old, abandoned Holiday Inn still stands in back of the new Wendy's on the corner of Emery and Northfield.... (~sigh~)... so tacky.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Hey everyone, I haven't visited the forum in a while (it's been a little busy), but I had to stop through to give a little update. I almost ran over the curb when I saw this... Zayres is GONE!!!!! They finally knocked that building down!!!!! After all these years!!!!!!!!!! They're also tearing up the parking lot, so they're about to build something there. They haven't put any information up as to what they are building there yet, but I can't wait to find out what they are going to put there. I'm just happy to see that old building gone.

BUT....

The old, abandoned Holiday Inn still stands in back of the new Wendy's on the corner of Emery and Northfield.... (~sigh~)... so tacky.
Maybe a Super WalMart for that side of town. Girl to see that empty parking lot must be shocking because i cannot picture that in my mind. Hmmm, neither my mom nor grandmother have mentioned it to me.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Give you 1 hint...The PEACHIEST state in the World!!
Send a message via Yahoo to 1_zetaemerald
I was born in Cleveland *still reppin 216* and after reading the article...I am in shock!! But I still love Cleveland!
Old 07-02-2005, 08:27 PM
kissy324

Quote:
Maybe a Super WalMart for that side of town. Girl to see that empty parking lot must be shocking because i cannot picture that in my mind. Hmmm, neither my mom nor grandmother have mentioned it to me.

A Wal-Mart would be wonderful. But I know that wouldn't happen. They're having a hard time keeping Randall Park Mall in operation. And then to have to worry about a Wal-Mart.... Naaahhh. But ya never know...

Yes, it is amazing to see that lot empty because that old Zayre's has held that spot so long, I was beginning to think they were keeping it there permanently. I will come back with an update when I find out what they are building there.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ykimber
Dang, the Zayres is gone! I thought that place would be there for life! I have to ask my sister if she knows what will be put in that spot. If I find out I will be sure to let everyone know.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:12 AM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305
Quote:
A Wal-Mart would be wonderful. But I know that wouldn't happen. They're having a hard time keeping Randall Park Mall in operation.

I was at Randall last week going to see "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" at the Magic Johnson Theatre. When I came in through the entrance, already 4-5 more stores has already closed inside the mall. It's looking more grim each day.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 07-05-2005, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sigtau305
I was at Randall last week going to see "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" at the Magic Johnson Theatre. When I came in through the entrance, already 4-5 more stores has already closed inside the mall. It's looking more grim each day.
I went to the mall on Christmas Day to see Fat Albert so obviously nothing was open but I think if a Wal Mart were to open nearby, it might rejuvenate businesses to reinvest back into Randall. Maybe.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: whoa

Quote:
Originally posted by ladygreek
Glad my friend is mayor of WARRENSVILLE HEIGHTS!

I went to high school there...
Old 08-29-2006, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Went to Cleveland.com just to read hometown news . ..

Cleveland again nation's poorest city

8/29/2006, 12:14 p.m. ET By JOE MILICIA
The Associated Press CLEVELAND (AP) — The city returned to the top of the U.S. Census Bureau's ranking of poorest big cities, reclaiming the unwanted title from Detroit.

Cleveland had 32.4 percent of its 452,200 people living below the poverty level in 2005, according to the American Community Survey released Tuesday.

"I'm shocked," said Myron Robinson, president and chief executive officer of the Urban League of Greater Cleveland. "We're stuck with it and we've got to do something about it. It just seems that we as a community have got to pull our resources closer together and try to move together to come up with a concerted effort. We're so fragmented."

Read the rest here: http://www.cleveland.com/newsflash/c...list=cleveland
Old 08-29-2006, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide4
Cleveland again nation's poorest city

8/29/2006, 12:14 p.m. ET By JOE MILICIA
The Associated Press CLEVELAND (AP) — The city returned to the top of the U.S. Census Bureau's ranking of poorest big cities, reclaiming the unwanted title from Detroit.

Cleveland had 32.4 percent of its 452,200 people living below the poverty level in 2005, according to the American Community Survey released Tuesday.

"I'm shocked," said Myron Robinson, president and chief executive officer of the Urban League of Greater Cleveland. "We're stuck with it and we've got to do something about it. It just seems that we as a community have got to pull our resources closer together and try to move together to come up with a concerted effort. We're so fragmented."

Read the rest here: http://www.cleveland.com/newsflash/c...list=cleveland
*sigh* to hear...once again.

I'll be up there very soon to spend some time with my grandma.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Here is the graphic

ETA: How things have worsened in Cleveland since 2000

Last edited by CrimsonTide4; 08-30-2006 at 08:57 AM.