Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,402
3 members and 1,399 guests
Cookiez17, John, Xidelt

Old 08-16-2024, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I just now remembered it but I have a new favorite thread — all of the craziness with the fake KD and her pageants. That was peak internet silliness.
Old 08-16-2024, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

OTW asked me to pass on her sentiments:

Sending you all aloha today.
Because of GC I met so many sorority women across the country and I am close friends with them today.
I went on an epic cross country road trip with my Tri Delta Boo.
I have attended their weddings. They have attended mine.
All the best.

Please share this with John if you can, OTW is long gone but I still would love to share my gratitude for keeping it up as long as he has.
Old 08-16-2024, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
I cannot believe that I'm the first to mention the
PINK SEQUIN HOSE recruitment!
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums...ad.php?t=88442
LOL I first mentioned pink sequins three posts above yours.

True and Constant
Old 08-16-2024, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Happy 25th anniversary to GreekChat. I stumbled across GC by accident when the old GreekSource.com domain got re-routed to this website in the fall of 1999. I would officially join GC on January 26, 2000. Until now, my last post on this site was 12 years ago.

My most memorable GC threads were too numerous to mention, I was all over the place.
I would say that my favorite GCer was naraht, since I have been in consistent contact with him only through virtual means only (I have never met him in person) since 1995 when we were on APO-L listserv and I still stay in contact with him via an APO Facebook group.

But as to how GC impacted my life, well, let's just say it had helped me get through the workday much quicker; and I'm not nearly as outspoken as I used to be.

OK, that's my 11 (or 25) cents. Back to lurking...

KAY<>FNP
Old 08-16-2024, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

How did you first learn of GC?
It must have been when I was searching for Greek information when I was living in Tennessee and working to found an alumnae NPC group.

What is your favorite / most memorable GC story or all-time favorite GC thread?
The weird rush stories!

Who are / were your favorite GCers?
I am afraid of leaving some out, because now I know quite a few from the FB group referenced by Carnation and know them by their IRL names! They are incredible women, and I am very blessed to have them in my circle. I've met several wonderful Gamma Phis here, too. In the aftermath of my niece passing away, they were there for me, and I am forever grateful.

How has GC impacted your life?
It has broadened by knowledge of other Greek councils and brought amazing people into my life. Thank you, John, for something which has enriched my life.
Old 08-17-2024, 08:04 AM
GreekChat Member

How did you first learn of GC?
I'm not really sure, but I must have been googling something about recruitment and stumbled across it. I lurked for a while before I finally joined in 2014 - my 10th Anniversary coming up in September!

What is your favorite / most memorable GC story or all-time favorite GC thread?
Definitely weird rush stories. There was a thread years ago about what you admire most about a different GLO than your own and that was pretty cool. I also loved the thread about haunted houses.

Who are / were your favorite GCers?
I am in awe of all of the knowledge on this site. I am afraid I'll leave someone out, so let's just say that I enjoy everyone's posts! I truly thank Shadokat for her tireless work on the recruitment threads and Lanesig for his work on the Extension/closures thread.

How has GC impacted your life?
Well, it's caused several late nights reading recruitment stories! But, I've also learned a lot over the last 10 years about different schools. It seems like I learn something new every time I'm on here. Thank you John for 25 years!
Old 08-17-2024, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Someone mentioned the whackjob fake KD and I started thinking about others here. A lot of the whackjob threads had to be deleted because the psychos started threatening GCers. Like the V's , whose threads and fake usernames were almost all trashed.

Here's one, though! Anyone remember the fake ADPi who showed up at recruitment at Montevallo and stayed with the chapter? And she showed up here on GC and pretended she was someone else who supported her (as adpialum1), and her FB page was loaded with ADPi this and that.
https://greekchat.com/gcforums/showt...t=BabyBearADPi

We know 2 women IRL who were actives in that chapter when this happened, and they were extremely creeped out--even though they had a restraining order. Then the woman made it back to their dorm anyway.
Old 08-17-2024, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Someone mentioned the whackjob fake KD and I started thinking about others here. A lot of the whackjob threads had to be deleted because the psychos started threatening GCers. Like the V's , whose threads and fake usernames were almost all trashed.

Here's one, though! Anyone remember the fake ADPi who showed up at recruitment at Montevallo and stayed with the chapter? And she showed up here on GC and pretended she was someone else who supported her (as adpialum1), and her FB page was loaded with ADPi this and that.

We know 2 women IRL who were actives in that chapter when this happened, and they were extremely creeped out--even though they had a restraining order. Then the woman made it back to their dorm anyway.
We should start a thread of perps and wannabes. Do you remember OcalaGirl & her ritual collecting?
Old 08-17-2024, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post

I remember her! That was really scary. Most of the other weird fakers seemed off but not dangerous, but she seemed unhinged.
Old 08-17-2024, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

I know, right? What kind of person decides that she wants to be Greek so just moves in with a chapter for recruitment week? And hosts a party for the local alum club, who thinks she's an alum so this is wonderful?

And when she's busted, posts on FB that she hopes to get into AGD or Phi Mu and actually tries to get into their dorms too?
Old 08-17-2024, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I wonder what happened to her. You don’t seamlessly move on from that.
Old 08-17-2024, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

All we heard was that (this is really true) she joined a biker club and started calling herself Sunshine.
Old 08-17-2024, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

The Chuck Norris Recruitment Thread (even though it's been edited over the years) is always a fun read.
Old 08-18-2024, 07:14 AM
GreekChat Member

I didn’t even know about Prunetacos…one day I was randomly reading an article about Ivins and I saw “Greekchat!” It was a weird moment.
Old 08-18-2024, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
The Chuck Norris Recruitment Thread (even though it's been edited over the years) is always a fun read.
The absolute best!