GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,543
1 members and 1,542 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 07-12-2002, 02:24 AM
GreekChat Member

I myself have been rear ended TWICE. BOTH times were about 3 years ago, right after I had purchased my new pride and joy, 99 Nissan Sentra (the collisions were only a few months apart). Before then I had an old sucky 88 Prelude (but I loved it because it was my first car, and it served its purpose!) NEVER once had even a close call in that car! Hmph. Both times, it was the other drvier's fault, only one had insurance.

The second time, ALL STATE said they would only pay $1,490 even though my body shop's estimate was $1,900+. ALL STATE refused to buy new, factory parts...they said used, yard parts would be just as effective.

I did not have the extra $500 to cover it, and I was NOT gonna get junky used parts for my new baby!

Sigh, to this day, she still has a big boo-boo on her booty, and it will have to remain unless I get like the net check of the century.
Old 07-12-2002, 07:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to EagleChick19
Well, here's an update....

Since the car I was driving was my work's, they took in it for estimate (I don't know for how much!) and its now getting fixed. The guys at the dealership's body shop said it would take 3-4 weeks to get back...

And a big thank you goes out to all of you GCers for your concern!
Old 07-12-2002, 10:00 AM
GreekChat Member

I was in two small car accidents before, nothing big at all. Then this past January my sorority sisters and I were on our way to do some community service and a Semi Tractor trailer rear ended the Chevy Blazer I was in. I had just awoke from a nap and didn't have my seat belt on. Everyone walked away from it but the guy in the semi didn't even see if wewere okay. I ended up with whiplash, a concusion, contusions, swelling and bruising in my brain and not mention feeling like I got hit by a mack truck! I had to do physical therapy for three months, and I thought things were better, but last week my back and neck started acting up, so I am back on muscle relaxers and pain killers! ACK! Not to mention a pending lawsuit, and I had to drop some of my classes last spring, so I am taking summer classes at the university in my home town in order to get my degree (which I would have had otherwise in May) in August.
I hate car accidents, they suck!

Facebook
Old 07-12-2002, 10:24 AM

I was 15 and had my learner's permit. My dad was playing with the radio stations so he wasn't paying attention to my driving. I thought I was clear to make a right turn so I went ahead. I turn right in front of another car and the guy hit me on the driver's side. No one was hurt. His car was fine but mine had $3000 worth of damage. He was really nice about it though.