» Online Users: 1,375
1 members and 1,374 guests
No Members online

Old 05-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iotamason
not according to what you posted..
I know what I said. The Duke Lacrosse incident prompted people to say exactly what you said about the impact of this case. There were people who wanted to use the Duke Lacross incident as yet another excuse to give alleged rape victims a difficult time. And people who were bothered by the implications of that responded just as I did. It is deja vu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iotamason
It still will not cause friction in the forum being a racial charged issue like stated before.
It could cause another GC Race War if the right things are said and GCers have time on their hands. I wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iotamason View Post
Only on the individuals psyche, yet it did not include a felony or imprisonment.
All PiKA2001 did was remind us of the similar topics that have been discussed on GC before.

This incident had what some would consider a big impact on the players' lives and it was not limited to their individual psyche. Their lives were impacted. However, even if it was an impact on the psyche rather than an impact on opportunities and overall life outcomes, the negative impact on an individual's psyche cannot be measured and ranked in importance (besides the civil suits that were filed). I am sure the impact on Brian's life also cannot be measured.

Last edited by DrPhil; 05-29-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to iotamason Send a message via MSN to iotamason Send a message via Yahoo to iotamason
I never stated that we should give those who make a plea for help when they have been raped not to take the plea seriously.
And how discussing Brian's fortitude for being able to forgive, the amount of being paid 200k for time loss and being for being wrongfully imprisoned as enough resitution, and should the Gibson lady being punished cause a race war?
Old 05-29-2012, 09:40 PM
Banned

What could be more interesting than a blogspot?

http://hughmurray.blogspot.com/2012/...ian-banks.html

I wonder if he is going to get a chance at football. I hope that he does not invest everything in football.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/s...wants-shot-nfl
Old 05-29-2012, 09:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
I never stated that we should give those who make a plea for help when they have been raped not to take the plea seriously.
Perhaps you were not but that is what other people believe will happen because of these cases. That is why people like myself respond as we do.

Quote:
And how discussing Brian's fortitude for being able to forgive, the amount of being paid 200k for time loss and being for being wrongfully imprisoned as enough resitution, and should the Gibson lady being punished cause a race war?
Are you new to GC?

http://blackpoliticalbuzz.blogspot.c...innocence.html
Old 05-29-2012, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to iotamason Send a message via MSN to iotamason Send a message via Yahoo to iotamason
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
What could be more interesting than a blogspot?

http://hughmurray.blogspot.com/2012/...ian-banks.html

I wonder if he is going to get a chance at football. I hope that he does not invest everything in football.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/s...wants-shot-nfl
referring to your first statement, how is that relevant?

To the second.. I agree.. I do hope Brian looks at all avenues concerning his future besides the NFL.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
referring to your first statement, how is that relevant?
How is what relevant?
Old 05-29-2012, 10:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Perhaps you were not but that is what other people believe will happen because of these cases. That is why people like myself respond as we do.

Are you new to GC?

http://blackpoliticalbuzz.blogspot.c...innocence.html
Didn't you tell me in another thread to read the posts instead of just responding earlier..

to be honest yes i am new to the GC culture last Greek board I was associated with were pledgepark and onolyumpus. I see some similarities with the board personalities yet many differences... I have been lurking sporadically over the past 5 years only like three times a year till recently. Actually started taking time to participate and having dialogue with other people only a few months ago. Again just trying to spark intelligent dialogue concerning a young man's future outlook... is that a crime?
Old 05-29-2012, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
How is what relevant?
nevermind.. I read the blogspot concerning that was given under your statement saying blogspots are interesting. I think I understand the point you were trying to make.. No way that there could be GCers' with such a skewed view to make this topic into a gender or race war instead of an intelligent discussion.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Didn't you tell me in another thread to read the posts instead of just responding earlier..
LOL. As with that other thread, you have interesting comprehension:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME
This means that you did not say (and you did not mean to imply) that rape accusations should not be taken seriously at the onset (prior to the guilty verdict). Other people believe that rape accusations will not (or should not) be taken seriously because of the relatively rare instances that people lie. Therefore, whenever someone says "she has hurt the credibility of every future rape accuser going forward...but with women like Gibson out there it will always be doubt about these claims" (with and without the "rape is a serious charge and men who commit it should be thrown under the jail" disclaimer***), it receives a certain response from some people.

*** Some people apply the above disclaimer to guilty verdicts but the alleged rape victim is still stigmatized and treated like crap. That is also why certain comments receive a type of response.

Quote:
No way that there could be GCers' with such a skewed view to make this topic into a gender or race war instead of an intelligent discussion.
Quote:
to be honest yes i am new to the GC culture....
Indeed you are relatively new.

Last edited by DrPhil; 05-29-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Its pathetic you look down on your fellow members of the forum and believe they cannot have a civil dialogue about the news.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Sovereign immunity.
Thank you!
Old 05-29-2012, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

Wrongful convictions happen all the time. Witnesses lie like hell.

Also, folks who are guilty as hell go free.

Blacks are convicted more often than whites and tend to do more time, poor folks fare worse than rich folks.

/thread.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 05-30-2012, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Wrongful convictions happen all the time. Witnesses lie like hell.

Also, folks who are guilty as hell go free.

Blacks are convicted more often than whites and tend to do more time, poor folks fare worse than rich folks.

/thread.
I'm going to "re-open" the thread to add the role of institutional misogyny in the courts ... particularly victim blame, "slut shaming," and numerous studies describing the stark difference in what is considered "due process" in male-on-female sex abuse cases.

It's weird that nobody ever says "The worst part about Bernie Madoff is that this will effect the amount of trust people have for the old white men who handle their investments." Wait, no it isn't.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig RC View Post

It's weird that nobody ever says "The worst part about Bernie Madoff is that this will effect the amount of trust people have for the old white men who handle their investments." Wait, no it isn't.
Haha, I love it.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig RC View Post
LOL. KSig RC always gets it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
And this will never end but there are organizations working tirelessly to reduce this.

Quote:
Its pathetic you look down on your fellow members of the forum and believe they cannot have a civil dialogue about the news.
Meanwhile, GC Race Wars and GC Gender Wars are fun and are missed.

Last edited by DrPhil; 05-30-2012 at 08:58 AM.