GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,147
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, misskesha
» Online Users: 1,198
3 members and 1,195 guests
amIblue?, Cookiez17, Xidelt

Old 10-11-2011, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Okay this is three weeks in a row that I've missed this. The first two times were my fault because I forgot, but today, I set my DVR to record the whole season. Problem tonight was the baseball game went into overtime, so I was only able to watch like 10 minutes of it. I now have it set to record an hour after the ending time. Am I really aggravated because of this? Yes, I am!!...kind of ticked off because I was really looking forward to coming home tonight to watch it tonight. Next week, I'm going to be totally lost, I don't even know why they're there, or what's going on. Can somone please fill me in or tell me where I can go to get filled in? I don't even know who the characters are or what their roles are.
Doh! I haven't checked to see if my Tivo was smart enough to record it correctly last night. Hopefully they will air it online or something.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

aggravation! I've got On Demand and those rat-finks don't let you fast forward commercials! I'll have to resort to recording the shows! So far it's entertaining, and it's something I can put on that doesn't aggravate my hubby! (project runway???)
Old 10-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Administrator

I've seen the first two episodes so far, will probably watch #3 tonight. Steven Spielberg, along with many of the others who are involved with Terra Nova, also has another new series out called Falling Skies. Falling Skies seems a lot more interesting to me, at least at this point. Terra Nova should develop more of their storyline related to all the rock drawings near the stream outside of the camp. I was hoping that they were somehow connected to all the theories about aliens visiting Earth in the past, etc. We shall see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Next week, I'm going to be totally lost, I don't even know why they're there, or what's going on. Can somone please fill me in or tell me where I can go to get filled in? I don't even know who the characters are or what their roles are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevara View Post
Doh! I haven't checked to see if my Tivo was smart enough to record it correctly last night. Hopefully they will air it online or something.
Hulu has this series online. Here are links to the first 3 episides:
Episode 1: http://www.hulu.com/watch/283003/terra-nova-genesis
Episode 2: http://www.hulu.com/watch/283751/terra-nova-instinct
Episode 3: http://www.hulu.com/watch/286670/ter...a-what-remains
Old 10-12-2011, 10:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapcat View Post
aggravation! I've got On Demand and those rat-finks don't let you fast forward commercials! I'll have to resort to recording the shows! So far it's entertaining, and it's something I can put on that doesn't aggravate my hubby! (project runway???)

I watched it on OnDemand last night. Yes, not being able to FF through commercials is lame, but it's still a good backup if you forget to DVR it. This week, the baseball game threw me off and for some reason I thought it wasn't even on at all.

I think it's hilarious that by the 2nd episode, both the teenage son & daughter have love interests and the wife has an old boyfriend back in the picture!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
lol
Did you run into the same problem I ran into?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I've seen the first two episodes so far, will probably watch #3 tonight. Steven Spielberg, along with many of the others who are involved with Terra Nova, also has another new series out called Falling Skies. Falling Skies seems a lot more interesting to me, at least at this point. Terra Nova should develop more of their storyline related to all the rock drawings near the stream outside of the camp. I was hoping that they were somehow connected to all the theories about aliens visiting Earth in the past, etc. We shall see...

Hulu has this series online. Here are links to the first 3 episides:
Episode 1: http://www.hulu.com/watch/283003/terra-nova-genesis
Episode 2: http://www.hulu.com/watch/283751/terra-nova-instinct
Episode 3: http://www.hulu.com/watch/286670/ter...a-what-remains
John, thank you so much for this. I'm going to watch these as soon as I get home from work. Then I'll be caught up.

HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 10-13-2011, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

My tivo still managed to record it completely. Although I was not very impressed by this episode.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:03 AM
GreekChat Member

I watched the first 2 episodes and was not impressed. By the 3rd, I got bored & switched it off. No more watching Terra Nova for me.

The premise is interesting but the show itself is just blah.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks to John, I was able to watch the 1st episode so far. I still have to watch two and three before Monday. So far this is the best tv series ever. It's all of my interests and hobbies all tied into one tv series. It's also pretty accurate, too. I mean, 80 myo-65 myo would have been like mid-Cretaceous, but that "Slasher" dinosaur looked like a Cryolophosaurus or a therapod similar to that species, to me. As far I can remember I think they lived like during the early Jurassic period, so they wouldn't have been around in Terra Nova. If those were Cryos, I don't recall them having tails like that, either. I could be wrong, it's just that it looked like a Cryo to me. Oh, and I loved how they showed what the moon would have looked like at that time, and where some of the stars would have been. I haven't watched the other episodes yet, but that would be really cool if they put the Spinosaurus in some of the episodes if they haven't already -one of my favorite species of dinosaurs.

Thanks again, John.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 10-14-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

What did people think about Mondays episode? I thought it was a little better but still on the fence about the show.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^I'll probably watch it this weekend. I started dozing off during the third episode. I'm starting not to like it. It's just that it's getting boring and the acting isn't very convincing.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 11-01-2011, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

OMG! I just watched last nights episode and that might be the last time I watch it. I could not get over the "fixing" of the broken dinosaur egg and keeping it as a pet. Really?!
Old 11-01-2011, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
OMG! I just watched last nights episode and that might be the last time I watch it. I could not get over the "fixing" of the broken dinosaur egg and keeping it as a pet. Really?!
Totally agree... SO cheesy.

And I don't get the head guy being judge, jury, executioner and overall dictator. Doesn't seem like something that people would tolerate.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
Totally agree... SO cheesy.

And I don't get the head guy being judge, jury, executioner and overall dictator. Doesn't seem like something that people would tolerate.
I could almost see that just because it seems to be run like a military operation more than anything else.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Terra Nova goes extinct

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...WvR_story.html
Old 03-08-2012, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe.ron View Post
Not surprised... the show got really bad towards the end.