Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,148
0 members and 1,148 guests
No Members online

Old 01-18-2011, 01:38 AM
GreekChat Member

My boyfriend and I grew up about 30 minutes from each other and actually met once in passing about 5 years ago, but neither of us really remembered it.

I reconnected with an old friend about a year ago, and I would go and hang out with her at her job, where he also works. He's really shy, so we didn't talk very much, just conversations with other people. There was something about him that I liked and I wanted to get to know him, but I couldn't get him to crack in person. We started talking more via facebook. One day last May he updated his status about going to a local bar that most of my friends go to. I commented and told him to have a beer for me because my car was in the shop and I didn't have a way to get there. He offered to drive me if I wanted to go, and I accepted the offer.

After that night we hung out a lot, but since we're both pretty shy so neither of us could make the move. Some of our friends helped us out there, and we've been together ever since. =]
Old 01-20-2011, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator

I think we were both the agressors! We met at a convention, but had both heard of each other. The last convention I had attended was in the middle of some cornfield, so I was excited to hear that he was going to drive there. I told him a joke, he loved it, and I said, "I'm just sucking up to you because I heard you had a car here," and walked away. He followed me everywhere that evening and most of the weekend. We had some terribly interesting discussions, and at the last night, he made such a devastatingly confident move to get me to dance that I knew he could very well be my Mr. Right.

Which doesn't mean we haven't had our share of arguments! I once read that every couple needs to have "the showdown argument" prior to really deciding to make it or break it. We've had a few of those - but always come back to each other. It's very satisfying when others notice it, too. <3
Old 01-20-2011, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Online, in WoW. We chatted and I visited and after being dumped by 'the' ex I visited again and we teased each other into something more. He jokes that he seduced me, I reply that I know he did and it was hard work making him do it. It can be a difficult relationship for every reason except for him. He's awesome.

2+ years in the bag, as soon as I finish my degree I'm moving.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Met my husband in English III in HS. After school, I was telling my friend about this nice guy I met who was new to the school (like me) and he was gonna be my new bf. Then he passed by my bus on his way home and I called him over and gave him my "business card" (geek, I know but we made them in Comp Lit Class) He called me a week later saying that he'd left my number in his pants and even after a wash and dry it was still intact so he took that as a sign he should call. I told him good thing because I told my friend that he was going to be my new bf. He took that to mean we were dating and here we are 10 yrs later been married for 5!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Met my wife at a Fraternity (our fraternity is co-ed) dance. She was part of a colony and I was on staff, but in the group who became the first pledge class (the documents for chartering went to national before she joined). About a month after her chapter chartered (and she initiated) they went to visit another chartering about 3 hours from their chapter. The lead alumni staff member for the area asked me to go visit them for a planning meeting the next day rather than going straight home. Since I had no life, I agreed.

My radio had gone out that day, so rather than travel for 3 hours in silence (which drives me nuts), I wanted someone to go with me. Most of the chapter that was there were on one side or the other of the issue that the lead alumni staff member was concerned about so I was down to two choices and one of them would have driven me nuts in 5 minutes. She was the other. We talked for 3 hours in the car and then another 3 hours while she attempted to contact a male brother of the chapter for me to stay with. By the end of the 6 hours we were definitely interested in Dating. I guess I was the aggressor in dating, but she was the aggressor in getting married.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
After seeing two of my friends have luck on JDate I decided to give it a shot and pay for it for 6 months. I met Mr. Buttonz withing a week. We talked for a week before setting up a date.

He couldn't decide where to take me for our first date and kept changing his mind, which drives me crazy normally but there was something about him that I knew I had to meet him so I kept my mouth shut. I had an awful day at work that day and the only thing that kept me sane was him BBMing me. He asked me to be his girlfriend a week later and it's only gotten better!

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 04-06-2011, 01:31 AM
GreekChat Member

My boyfriend and I met on our very first day of college. We had a class together. We didn't start dating until a few months later. I guess he was the aggressor but he wasn't exactly aggressive...he just asked me out for Chipotle.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy Q View Post
My boyfriend and I met on our very first day of college. We had a class together. We didn't start dating until a few months later. I guess he was the aggressor but he wasn't exactly aggressive...he just asked me out for Chipotle.
Hahaha, Chipotle on a first date? This made me laugh.

Then again, I met my S/O in a known pick-up joint.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:21 AM
GreekChat Member

My husband and I met the last week of August of 2004. The young adults group at my then church & another church co-sponsored weekly happy hours (Catholic Church), and on this particular occassion he showed up where I proceeded to tell the story of earning my first (and last) speeding ticket that morning that cost me $175 and how my days of gloating to friends & family about being the only one left that had never got a speeding ticket, much less pulled over for anything was over. A few getting to know you emails were exchanged for a couple of weeks. I had kinda started to like him, eventhough I knew he was older (ten years older). So when he came to this next happy hour, I made sure to sit by him. So we talk, eat, drink, laugh. I'm unsure what brought it up, but I mentioned that the night before I had seen on TV the first Resident Evil (RE) movie. The second RE movie was due out that weekend, so I had mentioned that I intended to go and see it they next day (Saturday) because I had to see what happens next to which he replied, "why dont you invite me to a movie sometime?" To which I said, "Oh do you want to go?" He said he did, so I told him I would call him in the morning and we could set up a time to go. Admittedly I was intoxicated when I asked him that question, and I guess he thought I was more intoxicated than I actually was, and was not expecting me to remember to call him the next morning, but I did and he was pleasantly suprised

We made plans to see the first showing of the show. Just prior to seeing the movie we hung out and talked a bit at the coffee shop that was next door to the movies. We saw the movie, and I thought the "date" was going to end then, but it was a nice day and those that have seen RE2, know there is a lot of shooting in it, so I was aksed if I would like to go with him to the shooting range. I wasnt quite sure how to respond to that, especially since at that time I had never been to a range much less shot a gun before. I expressed that concern, and he told me not to worry that he would teach me. With an unsure reluctance, I said sure why not!

We get to the gun range, and he teaches me how to shoot a 9mm and very much to my amazement I shot well and rather enjoyed it! I still have my target from that day! Once again, I'm assuming the "date" is winding to a close so I stated to him that I needed to get back and eat dinner soon because I was starting to get shaky from where I hadnt had anything to eat really since breakfast. To which he replied, "Oh why dont you come over to my house for dinner, I have some steaks that I can grill out." I said sure, and he brought me back where he grilled out steaks. After dinner we watched another movie I hadnt seen, "Old School." When the movie was over, I told him I really had to go home and take care of my dog because she had been home alone all day and obviously had not been let out. So he drives me home and we had our first kiss and he left. He called me when he got home to tell me what a great time he had that day and wanted to see me the next day. I told him probably not because I had to study for a nursing quiz (which was true) and needed to study and catch up on reading.

However, the next day he called me to ask how I was doing. That evening he showed up at my house and suprised me with a beautiful purple orchid and we sat around and talked for a bit. I'm unsure how it got brought up or who brought it up, but we decided to make the commitment to be a couple. We shared another kiss and he went home.

Thus the timeline went like this:
August 27,2004 we met for the first time
September 11, 2004 we had our first date (and was also the one year anniversary of his divorce being final)
September 12, 2004 we became a couple (and also was the date of my oldest step-son's 13th birthday)
December 24, 2004 we were engaged
May 13, 2006 we got married and the rest is history!

We still celebrate all of our anniversaries!
Old 04-06-2011, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
Hahaha, Chipotle on a first date? This made me laugh.

Then again, I met my S/O in a known pick-up joint.
I met my last relationship while I was engaged to someone else. Once I was single and making a new life we had gone to dinner and a drink with my lab partner and this guy she was on a date with. I asked at the end of the night if we had been on a date, he said no, and we laughed about that often.

We got together later, I was more aggressive, but he decided it was for real real when I he had to take me to the emergency room for severe dehydration from the stomach flu he gave me. He knew he was done for when in a serious health crisis I could make jokes about the Oregon Trail when they coded me with cholera, and apologized to the nurse because I ate asparagus before providing a urine sample.