GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,537
2 members and 1,535 guests
Cookiez17, Xidelt

Old 12-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

So today is the huge tournament at our son's high school and he and the other boy can only help. I swear, if I'd seen him being thrown, I would have gone after the cheater; his older brother said he would have been down there too. Older brother is big and in tip top shape...

Anyway, the good news is that after the boy threw our son, our son rose up in a fog of fury and pinned him and won. Then he sank down in a daze.

I don't understand why refs who never call infractions are allowed to continue to officiate. I don't understand why that school is allowed to keep wrestling.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl View Post
Did anyone else have a Friends moment? Phoebe and Ross? Just me?
You weren't the only one! Science Boy had a super-human thirst for knowledge! The rest was just crap from the street.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Go Away, Real Boy (Troll)
Old 12-16-2007, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allona View Post
Look, can you people calm down or something? I'm not trolling, and you posting insulting, off topic messages isn't going to do anything.
Yes, you are. And your writing the above is the height of irony.

Click back through your posts (I'd copy them here before you have a chance to delete them, but I don't want to spend that much time on this) -- you started with a nonsensical post almost immediately after Sedrick (troll) was banned, you continued for days with nonsensical, poorly spelled and puctuated posts and questions that tried to give the impression you didn't have a firm grasp on the english language. You posted (purposeful) crude responses in the concussions thread and the Dutch couple thread, accused others of "spamming" randomly and called well-known posters trolls, then claimed you weren't from the U.S., but then, oh wait, what you meant is that you ARE from here (LA). After being ignored in some of the game threads you all of a sudden start protesting being ignored and post in full sentences with correct grammar and spelling. You've given no indication you are in any way affiliated with a Greek Lettered Organization or why you are wasting time and space in this forum.

So while your efforts to be an inflammatory troll have failed, you have without a doubt been attempting to troll this board.

/*back to ignoring troll*
Old 12-17-2007, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I got a nice concussion when I was thrown off of a polo pony into a fence. Also broke my nose and shoulder... not fun times
Old 12-29-2007, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to pirate00 Send a message via Yahoo to pirate00
i'd tell you, but i don't really remember what happened. why, you ask? because I had a f%$@*ng CONCUSSION, you insensitive hack! No really, it was 2 years ago during a seizure in my kitchen. It was from stress and lack of sleep, not epilpesy.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
I recently learned that multiple concussions over the course of childhood can lead to seizure disorders later in life. *shudder* A friend's husband has started having convulsions and they think it's from his playing football as a youth. He had four or five concussions growing up. Now he'll be on anticonvulsants for the rest of his life and he has to pay a higher premium for car insurance.

Fortunately I've only ever had one - from a slip and fall on my kitchen floor - and it was mild.

Also, the keeping the person awake for 24 hours line isn't true. Lack of sleep is only going to hurt, not help. The right thing to do is try to wake the person every 2-3 hours to make sure they regain consciousness. If they don't, then take them back to the ER.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I babysitting for my sister while she was at work, it was just getting dark, and my niece, she was 6 or 7 yrs, and I headed for a convenience store about two blocks from their home. My sister and her daughter did it often, so it seemed no big deal.
While crossing a street at the corner in beach town, I looked up, saw a car with its lights out stopped mid block. We'd already stepped into the roadway.
The driver put on his lights, I yelled to my niece to run, and the car accelerated, hitting me. After stepping out of the car, the driver got back in and drove off.
I suffered a concussion, leg and knee injuries.
When the ambulance arrived, they were caring for me, and thought when I was saying my niece---I meant knees. I repeated it en route to the hospital, and one of the attendants actually laughed.
Concussion, injuries, I told the screening nurse no one was touching me until I knew where my niece was. She asked the ambulance attendants, and they didn't know, and officers on scene didn't know I'd been with someone. They canvassed the area and learned my niece was in the care of one of my sister's neighbors and she'd left a note on the door of my sister's place.
The nurse advised me my niece had been found, and then, injuries were treated. My sister, a nurse at another hospital, was allowed off shift, came over to the hospital where I was and I was just relieved I could tell her where her daughter was.
Concussion: My sister woke me several times during the night, checking on me.
The driver: never found
Old 01-04-2008, 02:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JonInKC
Carnation, do they teach how to take a fall in wrestling? Honestly, I don't know, b/c my high school didn't even have wrestling until some time after I had graduated.

Anyway, you should have grabbed the nearest folding chair. That would have definitely resulted in a DQ.

p a w e a since 1899