GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,007
1 members and 1,006 guests
No Members online

Old 01-20-2002, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

ew pe brings back horrid memories in elementary school. My gym teacher hated me (1-4th grade) and I was the slowest runner and could barely last long enough. I would get in trouble bc i didn't have laces for my shoes- they had broken (then of course if I forgot tennis shoes I'd have to go sit in a little box made of tape in the gym).I detested running, but in high school I tried out for the cross-country (long distance running) and made varsity. I ran cc for two yrs and then I switched to drama. I even lettered- I wish I could have shown her-haha, but I went to school in MN not CO.
Old 01-21-2002, 01:37 AM
Banned

Religion

I got a remark about my religion, he got the wind knocked out of him.

-The ever lovable Rudey
Old 01-21-2002, 03:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KayDeeCareBear
My biggest insult probably happened about a week ago. I was sitting in my medieval history class, and we were talking about how Christians were persecuted in the early middle ages, etc. I'm a Christian, so I've studied a lot about Christian history, thus was answering a lot of the questions the teacher asked. About halfway through the class, he asked...

"What are you, some kind of Christian?"

Meh! >_<

He said it like it was a bad thing, too! I was like, "What the...?" Here we are, in a class talking about how religious persecution was a bad thing, and...

Oi.
Old 01-21-2002, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

When I lived at home, I was the only member of my family who attended church at all. I was extremely active in the church I attended.

A year ago, I remarried and moved about an hour away. The closest church of the same denomination is almost that far away, so I got some suggestions from my pastor and found a new church much closer to my home.

At Christmas, the pastor of the church I had attended before the move contacted me and invited me to the Christmas Eve service. I can't tell you how excited I was to know I would be in the area (because my family has always done the gift exchange on Christmas Eve).

Well, I get home for Christmas Eve, having been told the exchange would start at 6:00. The service was scheduled at 7:30. I get to my mother's house early to increase my chances of getting to the service. I had told both of my parents about my plans, and my dad totally understood. (Even though the last time he was inside a church was probably about 14 years ago, he understood how important this was to me.)

By 7:00 there was still no sign of the START of the family celebration. As it turns out, we were waiting for my oldest nephew to get there, and he wasn't due until 7:30 or later. My dad explained to my mother that I had intended to go to church, and that he thought it would be nice to let my husband and I do our exchange so we could go. My mother looked so hurt, as if I had never mentioned it to her at all. This was not the case, but I'm sure she had a lot on her mind hosting all of us, so I said nothing to keep the peace.

Everyone who was there heard that I was planning to leave, and my oldest brother asked why I wanted to go to church of all places. His exact words.... "who would want to go to CHURCH at CHRISTMAS?"

By the time things started to settle, the service at that church was well under way, and quite possibly over. Needless to say, I didn't make it. The service at my local church had been scheduled for 6-6:30 that evening, so I had missed it for the exchange as well.
Old 01-21-2002, 02:27 PM
UMgirl

OK this not the biggest insult ive ever gotten ( refuse to say those) but it comes pretty close...

My mom: " I didnt think you wanted to go to college, infact I thought you wouldnt make it through college and would drop out after your first year."

I love her, but can we say...ouch. Ha Ha! Proved her wrong though
Old 01-21-2002, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

WHAT? I love you but your are so nice

DAH yep this really Happened!

Yep Opt Billy hell with shining armour!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 01-22-2002, 04:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
One of my exes told me that I wasn't "ready to go to college" just because I hated living in a cubicle-sized room and I wanted to go home on the weekends instead of staying there doing his homework. Hello! I scored ten points higher on my ACTs that he did, my grades were tons better, and I was light-years ahead of him in emotional maturity. I thought about getting mad at him, but decided it wasn't even worth the effort so I dumped him instead.