Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,209
0 members and 1,209 guests
No Members online

Old 12-11-2002, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Hmm..well..when I had mama-boy's as boyfriends, I just bought them clothes. But now since I have a real man..this is what I got him..

01'- Hotwheels (Porsches), Silent Bob figurine, Transformers, some t-shirts, and of course, lots of TKE gear But, I did buy him a American Eagle outfit to prep him up a bit.

02- Craftsman 73 piece mechanics tool set, Craftsman 7 piece wrench set, Craftsman flashlight, Transformers t-shirt, Spiderman t-shirt, and a new TKE letter shirt.

Yes, he's a big kid...lol..

juniorgrrl- Ironman watch also????? I finally got Dusty to give up his too! My parents bought him a Relic watch and he FINALLY gave it up!!
Old 12-11-2002, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AGDPrincess70
What do you guys think of this...

I've been dating this guy for a while who thinks it's a LOT more serious than I do. He's been talking about buying me a cell phone. Holy crap. I was just going to buy him a case of beer and a new eyebrow ring! Now I think I'm going to upgrade and get him a metal flask with his name and Lambda Chi Alpha engraved on it and maybe some other little thing.

What do you think? Cool gift?
Old 12-12-2002, 02:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UofIL AXO

He's graduating next year, so I was thinking of maybe something he could use in the "real world" but I'm not sure what he'd need?
For graduation, I got my boy the round tag sterling keychain from Tiffany's. I figured it would look more grown up and dressy than what he had before (which was just a plain keyring). Also, it matches my bracelet I didn't have time to get it engraved before shipping it, so I had to wait till I got to a store, but it does now have his initials on it. I think its a nice and sophisticated touch for a guy
Old 12-12-2002, 02:17 AM
Banned

Re: Boyfriend Gifts

Quote:
Originally posted by UofIL AXO
Christmas is around the corner and I'm stumped on what to get my boyfriend! Every holiday he's come up with some really great, creative gifts and I want to return the favors.

Guys, what were your favorite gifts from a girlfriend, girl friend, or whomever?

Girls, what presents did you give that went over very well, or what presents did you receive that might help boyfriends in their quest for a holiday present?

The best thing you can do if you're unsure or you don't have a lot of money:

Buy symbolic gifts for him. This is assuming he does catch on to things easily. Buy something that insinuates something, it's usually remembered a lot longer.
Old 12-12-2002, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy friend of mine that I'm sorta seeing (but not really)...yeah. Would it be too obvious to give him a gift?! We decided to be friends with certain privilages but not date because of the timing. I've always felt close to him but I don't want to give him a gift if it'll look like I'm trying too hard. So what do yall think (if you don't mind me asking). Anyone else ever been in a similar situation where you wanted to give a guy/girl FRIEND a gift?!?!
Old 12-12-2002, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
Hootie,

I wouldn't give him much more than a CD. treat it as FRIEND.

Amy
Old 12-12-2002, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I once advised a friend to get this guy a gift who she was "kinda" seeing. He invited her out for his 21st ... well he ended up not even remembering the night, so she just went back and returned the gift and still yells at me for encouraging her to buy a gift. I'd say go the friend route also ... play it safe!
Old 12-12-2002, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, someone else in need of help......

Been seeing a guy for about a month. We're "dating" (whatever the hell that means- we're exclusive, we talk everyday, see each other fairly often, yada yada yada, but yet we don't call each other BF/GF. Not that I care b/c i'm happy with what i got, but it's annoying to try to explain what he is to someone!).

But it's only been a month. We haven't talked about Christmas at all. I feel weird NOT getting him something. But i have no idea!

The boy had more clothes than I do. A billion sweaters. He needs clothes like he needs a hole in the head. He has a million CDs and DVDs. But I don't know him well enough yet to pick out something that he would find really "neat". I HATE giving lame gifts.

And i can't even get shopping until after finals. (end the 19th), and he's going home for Christmas to Montana (we're in Pittsburgh) the next day. So it'll have to be mailed to him or something.

ARGH! Why do finals and Christmas have to come at the same time??????? Isn't each of them enough stress enough?

Any random ideas?????? Thanks
Old 12-12-2002, 08:32 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Imthechamp
Lord of the Rings Special Edition DVD with the 30 minutes of extra footage and statues.

How many times do I gotta tell yall?
Old 12-12-2002, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Imthechamp
Lord of the Rings Special Edition DVD with the 30 minutes of extra footage and statues.

How many times do I gotta tell yall?
Mine already has it! Or else that would be an excellent gift! Thanks for the suggestion though
Old 12-12-2002, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

"serious" boyfriend gifts: I always get him a Best Buy gift card. Last year I got him a nice little camera with a zoom lens to take to all of the concerts he goes to. This year I think I'm getting him a gym membership, although I haven't gone to see how that will work @ the local place. (He talks about going to the gym all of the time, but hasn't had a membership in a couple of years). I've thought about a nice watch a couple of times, but I realized that it's because I love Fossil watches, and he doesn't usually even wear a watch. I like that nice key chain idea.. it's different. And my dad had actually mentioned he could use tie tacks and ties (he's really involved in his church, so he probably wears a couple a week at least). So nice tie tacks might be a good idea for someone about to enter "the real world" as well. I got him a nice leather wallet one year that he still has.. it's just starting to wear out (because he has a zillion cards in it).

"friend" boy_friend gifts: CD's, DVD's, a hat w/ his letters (if he's in college & greek), a wallet, maybe the keychain, fun little games (a not-so-serious boyfriend of mine got me an electronic poker/black jack game once that was fun but didn't send the 'wrong' message), books (if he's into reading-don't try to send any secret messages with what you get him), gift certificate to a local sports bar.

Hope those help!
Old 12-12-2002, 08:35 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Imthechamp
Quote:
Originally posted by kddani

Mine already has it! Or else that would be an excellent gift! Thanks for the suggestion though
Dang, he has the statues too?

Anybody with the LOTR statues is prolly a great guy.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

i just recently got back together with an ex boyfriend and got him the exotic 12 pack of beer at Applebee's it was perfect because he is such a beer drinker it gave him a chance to try new beers and made me look pretty good when he got it
Old 12-14-2002, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Rules for buying men gifts

What great timing! I just got this forwarded e-mail in my inbox. Maybe it will help to inspire someone here??

.....Kelly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I really liked this one....and the scary part is after reading a few of these ideas for gifts they began to make sense....

Rules For Buying Men Gifts!

Rule #1:
If you are really, really broke, buy him anything for his car. A 99-cent ice scraper, a small bottle of de-icer or something to hang from his rear view mirror. Men love gifts for their cars. No one knows why.

Rule #2:
If you cannot afford a cordless drill, buy him anything with the word ratchet or socket in it. Men love saying those two words. "Hey George, can I borrow your ratchet?" "OK. By-the-way, are you through with my 3/8-inch socket yet?" No one knows why.

Rule #3:
When in doubt - buy him a cordless drill. It does not matter if he already has one. I have a friend who owns 17 and he has yet to complain. As a man, you can never have too many cordless drills. Again, no one knows why.

Rule #4:
Do not buy men socks. Do not buy men ties. And never buy men bathrobes. I was told that if God had wanted men to wear bathrobes, he wouldn't have invented Jockey shorts.

Rule #5:
You can buy men new remote controls to replace the ones they have worn out. If you have a lot of money buy your man a big-screen TV with the little picture in the corner. Watch him go wild as he flips, and flips, and flips.

Rule #6:
Do not buy a man any of those fancy liqueurs. If you do, it will sit in a cupboard for 23 years. Real men drink whiskey or beer.

Rule #7:
Do not buy any man industrial-sized canisters of after shave or deodorant. I
am told they do not stink - they are earthy.

Rule #8:
Buy men label makers. Almost as good as cordless drills. Within a couple of weeks there will be labels absolutely everywhere. "Socks. Shorts. Cups. Saucers. Door. Lock. Sink." You get the idea. No one knows why.

Rule #9:
Never buy a man anything that says "some assembly required" on the box. It will ruin his Special Day and he will always have parts left over.

Rule #10:
Good places to shop for men include Northwest Iron Works, Parr Lumber, Home
Depot, John Deere, Valley RV Center, and Les Schwab Tire. (NAPA Auto Parts and Sears' Clearance Centers are also excellent men's stores. It doesn't matter if he doesn't know what it is. "From NAPA Auto,eh? Must be something I need. Hey! Isn't this a starter for a '68 Ford Fairlane? Wow! Thanks."

Rule #11:
Men enjoy danger. That's why they never cook - but they will barbecue. Get him a monster barbecue with a 100-pound propane tank. Tell him the gas line leaks. "Oh the thrill! The challenge! Who wants a hamburger?"

Rule #12:
Tickets to a Patriots game are a smart gift. However, he will not appreciate tickets to "A Retrospective of 19th Century Quilts." Everyone knows why.

Rule #13:
Men love chainsaws. Never, ever, buy a man you love a chainsaw. If you don't know why - please refer to Rule #8 and what happens when he gets a label maker.

Rule #14:
It's hard to beat a really good wheelbarrow or an aluminum extension ladder. Never buy a real man a step ladder. It must be an extension ladder. No one knows why.

Rule #15:
Rope. Men love rope. It takes us back to our cowboy origins, or at least The Boy Scouts. Nothing says love like a hundred feet of 3/8" manilla rope. No one knows why.
Old 12-14-2002, 12:32 PM

A nice black-and-white print framed in black looks great in a guys room. Ansel Adams or better yet the one with the couple hugging in the rain in NYC or others like it. They look classy, are definitely romantic, and not to chickish.