GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,380
1 members and 1,379 guests
UW_dawg

Old 01-04-2008, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I really like this thread!!

Like many of you I us MAC foundation but use Fashion Fair Oil-Free tranculent powder. The MAC version broke me out and this combination seems to work for me. I have never tried MAC eye shadow but Fashion Fair is really good and the colors look great on my chocolate skin...lol.

I also found that applying foundation right after applying my moisterizer and then setting it with my powder works very well. With eye-liner I usually line from the middle eye out which helps to open up my eyes verses lining it all the way across. I do hate lining my bottom lid..it makes my eyes feel heavy...
Old 01-04-2008, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by btb87 View Post
Also, 12dn94dst, I know you said that you like the BE (I'm glad!), but if you think you might need to "tweak" the color a little, try putting on a bit of warmth first, then your foundation. I don't own any warmth, but had my co-worker give me some from her collection. I might go purchase some now.
i've been tweaking away. i have deep in addition to warm tan, warmth and mineral veil, so i've tried different combinations of them. mv made me look ashy, so i i mixed a little deep in. it's near perfect.

BE's prime time is good too. it made my skin feel all silky. :-)

Last edited by 12dn94dst; 01-04-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BLUPERFECTION03 Send a message via Yahoo to BLUPERFECTION03
^^Yea I also use the Primetime from BE as well...but you only need like one pump's worth..they also have Primetime for the eyes only for those who wear eye makeup!

Old 01-04-2008, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey guys I'm new to this forum but I saw this thread and I just had to stop in. Ok I use Mary Kay fundation and I pretty much LOVE it but I have really oily skin so I was wondering if there was some type of base or powder or SOMETHING that I should put on BEFORE or AFTER to keep my face from oiling (is that a word) up so much during the day?!?! I read something about a primer but WHAT IS THAT lol..never heard of it...Anyways thanks for the help

Great thread! (even though I know it was started about 5yrs ago lol)
Old 01-04-2008, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12dn94dst View Post
i've been tweaking away. i have deep in addition to warm tan, warmth and mineral veil, so i've tried different combinations of them. mv made me look ashy, so i i mixed a little deep in. it's near perfect.

BE's prime time is good too. it made my skin feel all silky. :-)
MV makes me ashy too, I just stopped using it period. I use deep then follow it with warmth. I got three new BM shadows as a bday gift. I have to learn how to use these without them ending up on my cheeks before my lids...maybe wetting the brush will help, but you guys what to I wet it with?
Old 01-05-2008, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BLUPERFECTION03 Send a message via Yahoo to BLUPERFECTION03
^^To keep eyeshadow off your cheeks during appliation, just hold a peice of folded napkin or tissue under your eye to catch any extra makeup that falls from your brush!

Old 01-07-2008, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ooooo, Soror - I've got you covered! You MUST try Model in a Bottle. It will keep you looking purty all day. It will give you a soft matte finish. It's about $25/bottle, but it's worth it.

You can also try the primers that the Sistergreeks were talking about.
Thanks, Soror! I bought the primer over the weekend (among other things that I didn't need ) but I'll try that Model in a Bottle as well!
Old 01-16-2008, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Has anyone tried the mineral makeup from Mary Kay? I love Mary Kay's foundation (I haven't found a better match yet), but I love that natural glow that mineral makeup gives.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

for those that use UDPP

apparently, there's more in the bottle than what we think there is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jokCSB_bkck&sdig=1
Old 01-16-2008, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ (my face after watching the video) Wow I don't even use this product but it's amazing how these companies will try to rip you off!

Old 04-01-2008, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Mary Kay Mineral Foundation

Finally tried Mary Kay's mineral makeup. It looks really natural and gives me just as much coverage as the Mary Kay cream to powder. I actually bought mineral veil from B.E. and mixed it in. However, Mary Kay's mineral foundation contains talc, which B.E. does not. I'd still like to try out B.E. to compare the difference.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to btb87 Send a message via Yahoo to btb87
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker20_99 View Post
Finally tried Mary Kay's mineral makeup. It looks really natural and gives me just as much coverage as the Mary Kay cream to powder. I actually bought mineral veil from B.E. and mixed it in. However, Mary Kay's mineral foundation contains talc, which B.E. does not. I'd still like to try out B.E. to compare the difference.
I have a new co-worker that sells MK. I asked her about the mineral makeup, and she brought in bronze 1, which was too pink. The next day, she brought in bronze 2 which was a great match, and I went ahead and bought it from her. So now I have that as well as BE.

I do like BE's coverage, and sometimes alternate between that and the MK. I also think I've found my match in Merle Norman's mineral makeup. Before you buy the BE, "try" it on first at a BE store, or Sephora or Ulta and see if the bismuth oxy_______ makes you itch. Many people complain about that, especially if you start to get a little hot or sweaty.

AND BE is coming out (as of today, I believe) with about 3 or 4 new shades, which should give "us" a few more choices. Once I run out of my current jar, I'll check out the other, but I do think that warm tan is my color.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Got to love Mary Kay! Check out the new compact!

Old 04-02-2008, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I have a new co-worker that sells MK. I asked her about the mineral makeup, and she brought in bronze 1, which was too pink. The next day, she brought in bronze 2 which was a great match, and I went ahead and bought it from her. So now I have that as well as BE.

I do like BE's coverage, and sometimes alternate between that and the MK. I also think I've found my match in Merle Norman's mineral makeup. Before you buy the BE, "try" it on first at a BE store, or Sephora or Ulta and see if the bismuth oxy_______ makes you itch. Many people complain about that, especially if you start to get a little hot or sweaty.

AND BE is coming out (as of today, I believe) with about 3 or 4 new shades, which should give "us" a few more choices. Once I run out of my current jar, I'll check out the other, but I do think that warm tan is my color.
Thanks for the tip. My skin tends to be sensitive, so I willd definitely try BE before buying. If you had to compare MK and BE, which do you prefer and why? My LS uses BE and it gives her skin this beautiful dewy glow, which is what made me want to try mineral makeup. The MK gives me great coverage with a natural look (I use Bronze 1), but it doesn't give me that dewy look that my LS seems to have with BE.

Last edited by skywalker20_99; 04-02-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to btb87 Send a message via Yahoo to btb87
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker20_99 View Post
Thanks for the tip. My skin tends to be sensitive, so I willd definitely try BE before buying. If you had to compare MK and BE, which do you prefer and why? My LS uses BE and it gives her skin this beautiful dewy glow, which is what made me want to try mineral makeup. The MK gives me great coverage with a natural look (I use Bronze 1), but it doesn't give me that dewy look that my LS seems to have with BE.
I think that BE has better coverage; I haven't used the MK very often, but it seems to have lighter coverage.

BE will give you that "dewey" look, and to help me get that look, I also use the warm radiance. The radiances will give you that glow. Ask your LS if she uses a radiance at all. Now what I did yesterday was wear the MK and used some radiance on top of it.

I didn't realize what a difference using the proper brush makes. Definitely put on minerals with a kabuki or baby buki brush and buff well!