GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,221
3 members and 1,218 guests
JayhawkAOII, Phrozen Sands

Old 07-04-2006, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Yesterday was a sad day in Detroit. We lost Bbbbbbbbbbben Wallace and Stevie Yzerman Sad sad day
Old 07-04-2006, 07:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Losing Wallace in the short term sucks but I am not so sure on paying fifteen mill a year on the third and fourth years of that contract. Pistons are on the decline now for sure but appeared to be heading there anyway before losing Wallace. Getting Nazr Mohamed for five years was a desperation move methinks.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee
Yesterday was a sad day in Detroit. We lost Bbbbbbbbbbben Wallace and Stevie Yzerman Sad sad day
I hadn't heard about Stevie Y yet...
Old 07-04-2006, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo_kathy
I hadn't heard about Stevie Y yet...
He announced his retirement yesterday. BUT... he hinted that he would still like to be involved in the Red Wings organization in another capacity. So, we're all hoping the Captain will be a Coach soon. When they said he'd been playing for Detroit since the age of 18 in 1983, I about choked because I was 18 in 1983 and I'm definitely too old to be playing hockey. Of course we don't blame him for retiring and it wasn't a surprise, it's still sad to see him go. We were glad we got a season out of him after the lock out year.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee
He announced his retirement yesterday. BUT... he hinted that he would still like to be involved in the Red Wings organization in another capacity. So, we're all hoping the Captain will be a Coach soon. When they said he'd been playing for Detroit since the age of 18 in 1983, I about choked because I was 18 in 1983 and I'm definitely too old to be playing hockey. Of course we don't blame him for retiring and it wasn't a surprise, it's still sad to see him go. We were glad we got a season out of him after the lock out year.
Absolutely. One of the true Detroit sports icons. I'm glad he is staying involved with the franchise.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:59 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSigkid
The Bulls just signed Ben Wallace, 4 years, $60 million. Crazy. They're also trading Tyson Chandler, actually getting a good deal for him (P.J. Brown's expiring contract, and the possibility that J.R. Smith could turn into a player).
I've heard about that signing yesterday on ESPN. A lot of money but It'll give them a very good defensive player.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 07-05-2006, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, but he only scores 6 a game. In today's NBA...offense wins games. All you need is a mild defense. The ridiculous rule changes have turned the NBA into a bunch of pussies. You can'g put a finger on a guy now without a foul call....so the days of the rough and tough stringent defense are over.

.....oh, but they'll still let Shaq elbow people in the face and knock people into the third row of seats simply because he is "big." What a friggin joke. God I hate the NBA
Old 07-05-2006, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macallan25
Yeah, but he only scores 6 a game. In today's NBA...offense wins games. All you need is a mild defense. The ridiculous rule changes have turned the NBA into a bunch of pussies. You can'g put a finger on a guy now without a foul call....so the days of the rough and tough stringent defense are over.

.....oh, but they'll still let Shaq elbow people in the face and knock people into the third row of seats simply because he is "big." What a friggin joke. God I hate the NBA
Yeah, Dallas doesn't have anyone marketable hence the horrible calls. The NBA seems way too set up for me to watch regularily.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

According to ESPN, Mavs are trading Marquise Daniels to Indy for Austin Croshere. Croshere's contract ends next season, and they were already loaded at the 3 spot, so not a bad deal for Dallas.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Glad to see LeBron James structure his contract extension in such a way that requires the Cavaliers to continue working to upgrade talent, increasing their chances for a title. ....heard Dwayne Wade is now considering taking a similar deal in Miami.
~ Luke 19:10
Old 07-12-2006, 05:06 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06
Glad to see LeBron James structure his contract extension in such a way that requires the Cavaliers to continue working to upgrade talent, increasing their chances for a title. ....heard Dwayne Wade is now considering taking a similar deal in Miami.
Don't forget about Carmelo Anthony as well. He's thinking about doing the same.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 07-14-2006, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey guys, initially John was going to sign me to a 5 year 80 mill dollar deal to stay on GC. but after viewing my options, I've decided I'm going to just sign a 3 year deal with a poster option on the 4th year instead.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyTheDon
Hey guys, initially John was going to sign me to a 5 year 80 mill dollar deal to stay on GC. but after viewing my options, I've decided I'm going to just sign a 3 year deal with a poster option on the 4th year instead.
Then I will sign a 4 year deal - that way I won't have competition during free agency.

I'll have Arn Tellum get on the phone ASAP.