Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,236
0 members and 1,236 guests
No Members online

Old 07-13-2005, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I joined the Minneapolis-St. Paul Alumnae Chapter today!
Old 07-14-2005, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
I joined the Minneapolis-St. Paul Alumnae Chapter today!
YEAH!
Old 09-03-2005, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphiangel624
Quote:
Originally posted by gphiangel624
So now for my good news! I got into a graduate program for fall quarter! I'm so excited! I start September 12 at the U of Redlands in the MA in Education, Higher Education program!

One step closer to really having a career!
I have even better news now! A little history first:

I've been working at UC Riverside in the office of Student Life since November 2004 (I also worked there as a student assistant when I was an undergraduate) as the Interim Coordinator for Student Organizations. I knew that the permanent position was supposed to be filled by July 1, and I intended on going for it from the start. Well, I took a temporary position as Manager for Student Organizations when my Interim contract ended on June 30, and was in the application pool for the permanent coordinator... it felt like the search took FOREVER! I applied in late April, phone interviewed in July (10 applicants of 110 were phone interviewed), and interviewed in person in early August (only 3 got in person interviews).

Needless to say, I was stoked, I really didn't think I'd get an interview to say the least. Well, it was 3 weeks after my in person interview and I was starting to get nervous... until yesterday when the position was offered to me! Apparently, they had some difficulty selecting a candidate, I wasn't the first choice (the first choice has 12 years of experience, a Masters and is working on the EdD; I'm starting my masters program in a week and ony have about 10 months of professional experience), but the first choice declined for better money elsewhere so they selected me! I'm stoked (I still beat out 108 other candidates!); this is my first career position! NO MORE CONTRACTS! Technically, I started the job on Friday as soon as I submitted my resignation letter from my current position (which we now have to hire a replacement for) and I've been doing the job since NOvember, so it's nothing new, but I'm so excited!
Old 09-05-2005, 03:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Cluey Send a message via Yahoo to Cluey
Congratulations! That is so awesome and is going to be great experience for you while earning your masters!
Old 09-05-2005, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gphiangel624
I have even better news now! A little history first:

I've been working at UC Riverside in the office of Student Life since November 2004 (I also worked there as a student assistant when I was an undergraduate) as the Interim Coordinator for Student Organizations. I knew that the permanent position was supposed to be filled by July 1, and I intended on going for it from the start. Well, I took a temporary position as Manager for Student Organizations when my Interim contract ended on June 30, and was in the application pool for the permanent coordinator... it felt like the search took FOREVER! I applied in late April, phone interviewed in July (10 applicants of 110 were phone interviewed), and interviewed in person in early August (only 3 got in person interviews).

Needless to say, I was stoked, I really didn't think I'd get an interview to say the least. Well, it was 3 weeks after my in person interview and I was starting to get nervous... until yesterday when the position was offered to me! Apparently, they had some difficulty selecting a candidate, I wasn't the first choice (the first choice has 12 years of experience, a Masters and is working on the EdD; I'm starting my masters program in a week and ony have about 10 months of professional experience), but the first choice declined for better money elsewhere so they selected me! I'm stoked (I still beat out 108 other candidates!); this is my first career position! NO MORE CONTRACTS! Technically, I started the job on Friday as soon as I submitted my resignation letter from my current position (which we now have to hire a replacement for) and I've been doing the job since NOvember, so it's nothing new, but I'm so excited!
HURRAY!
Old 09-05-2005, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on the job!!
Old 11-17-2005, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to gpb1874
this thread needs reviving! my old chapter at Corpus Christi just won a bunch of awards from the campus! I can't remember all of them, but some are:

best president
best chapter advisor
best founder's day activity
best order of omega member

and they just initiated 22 out of 23 women.

I LOVE THEM! Hurray to Zeta Lambda!
Old 11-17-2005, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gpb1874
this thread needs reviving! my old chapter at Corpus Christi just won a bunch of awards from the campus! I can't remember all of them, but some are:

best president
best chapter advisor
best founder's day activity
best order of omega member

and they just initiated 22 out of 23 women.

I LOVE THEM! Hurray to Zeta Lambda!
Yay for them! And it's SmartBlondeGPhB's birthday, so that is a happy thing in and of itself!

I'll be done with my first semester of law school in 5 weeks, and I have a legal job for over Christmas break, so that's pretty happy!
Old 11-18-2005, 02:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
Yay for them! And it's SmartBlondeGPhB's birthday, so that is a happy thing in and of itself!

I'll be done with my first semester of law school in 5 weeks, and I have a legal job for over Christmas break, so that's pretty happy!
Thanks.

It's also KunjaPrincess's 1 year anniversary of being an American citizen.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I got an "upgrade" at work. I am now in charge of an entire training class for the Air Combat Command for the Air Force. I will now am in charge of the Classroom Instructor course. I teach people how to teach. I now have actual responsibility
Old 11-22-2005, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Just got an email from my chapter's treasurer - Gamma Omega initiated all 13 new members on Friday night, meaning they now are at 29 sisters!

This is the largest they've been in quite some time, and I am really happy for them.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: I Thought This Was Cute

Quote:
Originally posted by EleGPhiB
So this is a happy little poem that's going around the facebook world of Gamma Phis, and I thought I'd share it with everyone!

"Today we salute you miss Gamma Phi Beta sister. Not only do you have looks, brains, and glamour, but most importantly, you have the class to back it up. Sure, frat boys may talk to other ladies, but don't worry, their only dream is to date a Gamma Phi. With those pearls just the right size and that Gamma Phi sparkle in your eye, you are every guy's dream and every girl's envy. You can party like a professional, yet still keep that frat-tastic class. If you're dating a Gamma Phi Beta, raise your hand. If you're not, then raise your standards. Then crack open an ice cold bud light you sexy Gamma Phi, and remember: There's only one thing to be...and that's a G Phi B!"

LOL....that's cute!

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 12-06-2005, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to RACooper
Making another brief appearance to celebrate the fact my baby sister was just elected President of the Alpha Alpha chapter at the University of Toronto!

"Cave ab homine unius libri"
Old 12-06-2005, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RACooper
Making another brief appearance to celebrate the fact my baby sister was just elected President of the Alpha Alpha chapter at the University of Toronto!
Congrats to her!
Old 01-03-2006, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GPhiBZS
I'm turning 21 next Friday.. January 13....

Zeta Sigma has our first chapter meeting of the semester next Monday with our new exec board that we are all so excited about!!!