GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,514
2 members and 1,512 guests
Cookiez17, Xidelt

Old 12-15-2004, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to EPTriSigma
Rush slogans

We always have a general greek community rush slogan. We all rush at the same time... it's huge (fraternities and sororities). This years slogan is Feel the RUSH... or something like that. We all have matching t-shirts with the slogan that we are suppose to wear once a week till rush.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:02 PM

Our Panhel rush t-shirts from my freshman year used that same slogan. Unfortunately the shirts were fugly: pink and yellow on navy shirts!

During my sophomore year, Panhel had to redesign the shirts because my local went national and the old shirts listed the name of the local. So we did a travel theme: navy shirts (same color as the cover of a US passport) with the phrase "United Sisters of MIT" on the front and "visas" from each sorority on the back. I like to joke that my sorority went national just so Panhel would have to redesign the shirts.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to EPTriSigma
I liked the slogan last year. It was so simple. Black t-shirts with huge block white letters on the front that said GO GREEK.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
super cute gray shirts with light blue writing. On the front "Sorority Recruitment 2005", on the back, "If you haven't tried it yet, you should, because it is fun, and fun is good"- Dr. Seuss. Below that it has fish/bubbles with the chapter letters in bubbles.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Long-distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee!
Our Panhellenic's theme last year was "No Matter the Letter, We're All Greek Together!"

This year we had dark red shirts with "Sisters Wanted" in a saloon-style font in white letters.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to yeokr
recruitment 2004

Our sororities and fraternities rushed all at the same time, but we only had a mass Pan theme. On navy tshirts we had the 4 sororities listed around the graphic and the theme was "Sisterhood Makes You Stronger" with the WWII Woman in the bandana and flexed arm.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Rush Chi Phi, we're tighting than your little sister.

and then, a couple years later, after deciding to go local...

Chi Zeta...still tighter than your little sister. More power to those guys. It was all bullshit, I have their back. I don't care if you're on or off campus are local or national, most Greek life sucks at Radford, so the other cool fraternites are the other cool fraternities.

The tightest OX rush shirt I ever saw had our Emblem (i.e., what is on our Pledge Button, also, the shape thereof.) on the front and on the back it said Enough Said.

One guy I worked with one summer had a skulls rush shirt on and had some guy with his head stuck up his own ass. That was pretty funny, but not the best choice for work attire.

Also, honorable mention to the Sigma Chi rush shirt with John Wayne's picture, caption :we put a man in westerns. Woody Harrelson's pic. words: we put a man in commedy. I forget what the Warren Beaty picture said, but underneath Brad Pitt, the caption read "We put a man in Jennifer Aniston." I laughed my ass off when I saw that.