GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,489
0 members and 1,489 guests
No Members online

Old 06-25-2001, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool Cancun

Well the last week in July I will be going to Cancun!! For some reason i really want to get a Senor Frogs T-shirt. Anyway i just wanted some information from those of you who have been there before. Please keep in mind its a family vacation so forget about the exciting nightclubs! We are staying in the Grand Oasis Cancun Hotel in case anyone has been there. I am really excited and cant wait!
Old 06-25-2001, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

BuCutie -
I'm heading down south to mexico for a family vacation too!!! I'm going to Acapulco from July 15-22 with my best friend, my mom and her best friend and my sister and her best friend. Granted my mom can be pretty cool - i can't really see her out 'til 3am partying at Senor Frogs with us But I definitly plan on getting a shirt! I was thinking - is it a resturant during the day? Maybe we could go there for lunch or dinner so I could get my shirt - anyone know?
Old 06-25-2001, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
I'm heading to Mexico in July too! Cabo San Lucas form the 21st to the 28th with 2 girlfriends.
Old 06-25-2001, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

how cool! i am going july 23-27. I do think Senor Frogs is a restaurant during the day, or maybe there is one part where it is a restaurant all the time and then a club that only opens at night?? i dont know, but im excited!! I know you girls are too!
Old 06-25-2001, 07:12 PM
Unregistered-

Smile

It's been a while since I've been to Cancun, but yes I do believe that Senor Frogs is a restaurant during the day. Even though it's a family vacation, would you still be able to drink a Corona or two with your meals? The first time I went to Cancun I was only a freshman in high school...and a "legal drinking age" was practically unheard of!

I enjoyed all the bars and such, but what I loved most was traveling to see the Mayan ruins. Climbing Chichen Itza was probably the most fabulous experience...that an swimming in that underground lake..I forget its name, but I think it's called Xkeken? I'll have to dig out the pictures. Don't forget to stop by Tulum..it's gorgeous there! Argh..and Cozumel too!
Old 06-25-2001, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

never been but I've heard its awesome. Right now I'm tentatively planning a holiday vacation with family(sister-in-laws family is from there) to San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Kevin

[This message has been edited by Miami1839 (edited June 25, 2001).]
Old 07-27-2001, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

I just got back from Cancun a couple of days ago, we went a couple of days earlier Anyway i had a great time while i was there, and got a GREAT tan....actually i should say i burned to a crisp looking like a red cherry and now im peeling! yuck!

The water is so amazing, and the sand is so white that you need to wear your shades because its so bright!

I did miss out on going to the nightclubs...but maybe some other time!

I do want to say however, that its so expensive, everywhere you go! We went to this park called Xcaret, and they had dolphins there where you could swim with them, but at 100 bucks a person! We had to settle to just watching them!

All in all, i had a great time!!!
Old 07-27-2001, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by amycat412:
I'm heading to Mexico in July too! Cabo San Lucas form the 21st to the 28th with 2 girlfriends.
I dont know why I didnt see this post before. One of my brothers has a place in Cabo. I could have gone in May, but passed up the opportunity to go to NY instead. We are tentatively planning a trip for Thanksgiving. To hell with the family, I can eat with them anytime. Cabo in November? I am there.
Old 07-28-2001, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
Quote:
Originally posted by lifesaver:
I dont know why I didnt see this post before. One of my brothers has a place in Cabo. I could have gone in May, but passed up the opportunity to go to NY instead. We are tentatively planning a trip for Thanksgiving. To hell with the family, I can eat with them anytime. Cabo in November? I am there.
I just got back from Cabo and LOVED it! We're talking about going back for a Thurs to Sun weekend trip in October. Its all about El Squid Roe!!! LOL