GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,505
0 members and 1,505 guests
No Members online

Old 06-28-2001, 09:45 AM

Talking online shopping

have u guys tried online shopping? yeah i can say that is also one of my vices because everytime i go online i hit a store's website and if i dont buy something, i browse. I think it's a condition. what stores' sites do u guys visit/recommend?

------------------
"To supress our feelings only makes them stronger"--from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Old 06-28-2001, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

i shop online two or three times a month, because its so convenient!

here are my faves:
www.gap.com www.oldnavy.com

both have great customer service, good promotions and orders get to me fast, and love their clothes - found an adorable pair of white capris at gap.com as well as a polo halter shirt.
www.abercrombie.com

good sales, but customer service is lacking
www.armaniexchange.com

fun website, and interactive items

[This message has been edited by alphachiohmy (edited June 28, 2001).]
Old 06-29-2001, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CrimsonAngel2001 Send a message via Yahoo to CrimsonAngel2001
Talking

I'm addicted to shopping at www.sephora.com they have such a large selection of beauty products.
www.girlshop.com has cool clothes shoes and accesories
www.gap.com www.bananarepublic.com
and www.oldnavy.com also have a good selectiona and a lot of times things are on sale there that are still full price in the store.

------------------
"We may not have been first to say the least, but it takes a rough draft to create a masterpiece"

Determined
Strong
Talented

#7 Pop-Up
Pi Lambda
Spring 2001
Old 06-29-2001, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.reallybigmall.com has links to nearly every store imaginable. http://www.bebe.com is one of my current faves b/c when I'm back home I can't shop there b/c there's no store here.
Old 06-30-2001, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

I've become spoiled by having every store if not at my fingertips, an hour or so drive away. Now that I'm home, I am limited to online shopping for any of the stores I have become spoiled by. I usually buy my Greek stuff online, or at least browse to get ideas!

Here are some of my fave store sites: www.delfinoshop.com www.neimanmarcus.com www.sterlinggreek.com www.jcrew.com
Old 06-30-2001, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

AmyCat told me about this great site that had a ladybug print bedspread. I saw it and it's sooooooooooo cute. http://www.potterybarn.com/cat/pip.c...hpcSALBED%20p1

The other one I want isn't on sale but it's so pretty. http://www.potterybarn.com/cat/pip.c...hpcBDGDUV%20p1

Which do you all like best.
Old 07-05-2001, 04:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

www.qvc.com is my ALL TIME FAVE!! Their jewelry prices are outrageous...especially for silver!! Their gold is pretty great too! They have great brand names that all the stars wear in cosmetics, shoes, purses like Dooney etc., their Denim and Company line is FANTASTIC for casual wear at unbelievable prices and magnificent quality. If you're shopping for a gift, they will bill you and send the item right to the other person. People laugh when they hear that I shop at QVC but, then they look at what I'm wearing and compliment me on stuff before they know where I bought it. This place is awesome!!

------------------
Sharon
Old 07-05-2001, 08:06 AM
GreekChat Member

WOW! Thanks for all the links! I love the REALLY BIG MALL!
Old 07-05-2001, 08:33 AM
GreekChat Member

I have purchased a couple of things online. I have ordered from Barnes & Nobles, Gap, and Victoria's Secret. I never had any problems with it. Although, the clothes i got from Gap were a bit too big. I am going to go to the store to get a smaller size, if they dont have it then i will just exchange it with the online company.

Although I am the kind of person that would much rather go to the store and pick it out and have it that day- sometimes its easier to order it from your computer, especially when you are super busy and dont have time to go. Its also a nice bonus when the things at the online stores are A LOT cheaper.
Old 07-25-2001, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

online shopping is great! i shop online cause the mall near my school is the worst. look at http://www.stylerevolution.com i have found the best shopping sites in their directory. their fashion & beauty sites are the coolest.
Old 07-25-2001, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

www.bluefly.com is a great site for discount designer duds

My only prob with them is that they don't have Kate Spade