GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,156
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, Aliciasmith
» Online Users: 993
3 members and 990 guests
John, PhoenixAttain

Old 11-09-2004, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Man Guilty of Spreading AIDS

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/11/09/hi....ap/index.html

Anthony E. Whitfield, right, is handcuffed by a Thurston County corrections officer Monday.

Man found guilty of serial HIV assaults
Tuesday, November 9, 2004 Posted: 9:21 AM EST (1421 GMT)

OLYMPIA, Washington (AP) -- A man was convicted by a judge Monday on charges he deliberately exposed 17 women to HIV by having unprotected sex with them. Five of the women have tested positive for the virus, which causes AIDS.

Anthony E. Whitfield, 32, faces a minimum sentence of 137 years in prison on the 17 counts of first-degree assault with sexual motivation and other charges. SORRY MOFO, FRY HIS AZZZZZZZ!!

Health officials said as many as 170 people may have been exposed to the virus because of Whitfield's actions, counting subsequent partners of women he slept with. No additional people have tested positive for HIV, but 45 refused to be tested or couldn't be found.

During the trial in Thurston County court, an Oklahoma prison official testified that Whitfield was diagnosed with HIV while incarcerated in 1992.

Two women testified that Whitfield once said, seemingly in jest, that if he had HIV, he would give it to as many people as he could.

Defense lawyer Charles Lane said Whitfield was addicted to methamphetamine and used women for shelter, money and sex but never meant to inflict "great bodily harm" as required for him to be convicted of first-degree assault.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Though he gets most of the blame, women need to take their own health into consideration!! Haven't they learned ANYTHING about the AIDS epidemic?
Old 11-09-2004, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RedefinedDiva
Though he gets most of the blame, women need to take their own health into consideration!! Haven't they learned ANYTHING about the AIDS epidemic?
What if they used condoms, but he poked holes in them?

I agree with you but there might be women who did use condoms but he was foul that way?
Old 11-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Oh, I get it - put this guy in jail where he can spread AIDS to all the inmates, too! What about the poor men who are incarcerated who will be released (after he infects them)? How many more people will this man kill?!

I agree with CT4 - fry this guy before infects one more person! He obviously has no consideration for anyone else but himself.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Man Guilty of Spreading AIDS

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/11/09/hi....ap/index.html

Anthony E. Whitfield, right, is handcuffed by a Thurston County corrections officer Monday.

Man found guilty of serial HIV assaults
Tuesday, November 9, 2004 Posted: 9:21 AM EST (1421 GMT)

Defense lawyer Charles Lane said Whitfield was addicted to methamphetamine and used women for shelter, money and sex but never meant to inflict "great bodily harm" as required for him to be convicted of first-degree assault.
Not making any excuses for his sorry a$$, but this right there tells me a lot. Having two cousins who did this, I can tell you that most times the women were users, too--that is how they hook up in the first place. And when they are on that high, protected sex is the last thing on anyone's mind. That could explain the ones that don't want to be tested or found. Plus then the question becomes did that contract it from him and were they already infected?
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!