GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,644
1 members and 1,643 guests
MSKKG

Old 01-29-2001, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by bucutie02:
oh thats great lifesaver- just dont mix them all up, its more like a layer thing- try to put it in a rectangular pan, just so the layers arent too thick, especially the cake mix. You'll know when its done when the butter has completely melted and the cake mix is like a golden brown color. Its best to eat warm- my opinion

Ok so I tried it. Let's just say it was an interesting process. I totally wasn't sure about that whole "dumping the box of yellow cake mix on top thing." And I had a bit of a time telling when it was done. Anyway, when it was done I spooned it out onto a plate and lets just say that I have thrown up stuff that looked better than that. But alas, IT WAS SOOOOO GOOOD! I was so surprised. It rocked. Thank you SOOOO much for the recipe. Don't let the looks or instructions fool you it is really good. Apparently a lot of people have heard of them as I was asking around. aparently it's also a boy-scout thing. My boss makes hers with chocolate sauce and browmie mix. but thanks for the recipe. Too easy to make!
Old 01-29-2001, 05:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Hey lifesaver, I am so happy to hear you liked it. Yes i have to admit- it doesnt look like the yummiest thing, but i guess its just like the saying "dont judge a book by its cover"

------------------
"He is not perfect, you are not perfect. The question is whether or not you are perfect for each other"
Old 01-29-2001, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I made the dump cake this weekend, too. It was really good! I have another snack now to add to my faves list. I didn't think the cake mix on top would cook, but it did. Thanks for the recipe!!
Old 01-29-2001, 07:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

You did Aurora? That is so cool, i am glad you liked it as well!! Does anyone else have any delicious recipes to add?

------------------
"He is not perfect, you are not perfect. The question is whether or not you are perfect for each other"

[This message has been edited by bucutie02 (edited January 29, 2001).]
Old 06-04-2001, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

MMM!

I like:
Lipton Brisk Iced Tea--yumm!

Mac n' Cheese (though too much makes you sick )

Ice Cream (Vanilla, cookies n' cream, French Silk, Strawberry--all by Dreyers!)

Fruit Popsicles

Mickey D's Salad Shakers (MMM!! I have such a craving for that!!!!)

Ravioli/Lasagna TV Dinners

CHOCOLATE!!

Haha, yeah--I'm not the healthiest eater .

[This message has been edited by newbie (edited June 04, 2001).]
Old 06-04-2001, 06:47 PM
Banned

Talking

Yeah! Yeah! Nachos!!! Nachos!!!!!
Old 06-04-2001, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I LOVE Dump Cake too!!! My grandma used to make it for me when I was little so now its major comfort food Only I use apple pie filling because I don't like cherries.
Oh my other favorite snack are these cracker things I make. You spread a thin layer of creamy peanut butter on a cracker (the buttery kind not like the saltine kind) then stick a couple of mini marshmallows on top of the peanut butter. Then you put them in a toaster oven or the broiler part of a regular oven and toast them until the marshallows are puffed up and browned. (The microwave just doesn't brown them the right way). THOSE ARE SO GOOD!!!!! The marshmallow is all goey and its that whole salty-sweet taste. I could eat like 20 of them at a time
Old 06-04-2001, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Rice Krispy squares rock!!!! I have a batch cooling as I write this! Yummmmmmmm

------------------
@~Tracy~@

By the light of the lamp, by the light of the lamp, by the bright shiny light, by the light of the lamp...if you are a DeeZee, you're the best that you can be, by the bright shiny light of the lamp!
Old 06-05-2001, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

My friends and I make what we call "White-trash s'mores"

They're just regular s'mores, but instead of melting the marshmellow over a campfire, you stick it on a fork and roast it over an open stove burner (electric, not gas).

It works perfectly, and usually the fork doesn't get *too* hot.

Old 06-06-2001, 01:25 AM
Banned

Generally I enjoy buying mass quantities of white castle or hormel burgers that take me about 2 weeks to finally finish off. I also buy pringles. The weirdest snack I decided to buy was this huge bear shaped container filled with pounds of gummy bears. Well I finished it half way, but I couldn't stick my hand that far down to get the bottom half. So I ended up breaking it open and then it was just nasty because there was no way to cover them and after a couple weeks I had a broken plastic bear filled with dusty gummy bears.
Old 06-06-2001, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

I know my munchies aren't typical BUT here goes.
There are two things I'm likely to munch on if we have them in the house. The first is Doritos...Cool Ranch or Nacho Cheesier. YUMMY.
The second is left over cake. I don't like the frosting so I'll scrape that off, but I could eat just the cake part for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
LOL. OH WELL.

I forgot PICKLES and chips with mild tostitos salsa. Crimany...I'm getting hungry now. SHEESH.

[This message has been edited by Hootie (edited June 06, 2001).]