GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,585
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,320
0 members and 1,320 guests
No Members online

Old 10-02-2004, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Bid Matching Question

One of my sisters had a question earlier, and we can't get to the grene b ook until Monday.

If someone sucides, or is only invited back to one pref night, and only has that sorority on there card after pref night, and that sorority has them on the B list, do they get that girl? I say it's only if the A list isn't filled and she disagrees.

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 10-02-2004, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

You would win this one!

Your A list has to be filled (either by you or taken by another GLO) before you move on to the B list. Sometimes, if no one has Pamela PNM on their A list, and a GLO has her on their B list, a comment will be made that they have her listed (somewhat like inkling in pinochle), and come the next round, if that GLO still has room, the PNM will be picked up then.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Depending on school policy there is a BIG difference between the PNM who is only invited back to one party and the PNM who suicides.....the suicider has a grave chance of not making a house if she is not on the A list for her preferred house. If there's not alternate choice, then she could be out of luck...
Old 10-06-2004, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DZBookie
In my day, the bid match would be put aside until all other bids have been matched. If no one else had her on their A list. Then we would procede with matching the pnm with what she wanted.

Also, my chapter wouldn't have invited the girl back to pref if we weren't interested in the girl. There have been times when the chapter knew a pnm would be suiciding and would deliberately put her at the bottom of our second list. (we would fill our A list and still pick her up) It could have been the same situation with this pnm. If she only went to one pref party, chances are the chapter thought she was a given and put her on the b list to have the possibility for another pnm as well.

Carol
Old 10-07-2004, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DZBookie
Also, my chapter wouldn't have invited the girl back to pref if we weren't interested in the girl. There have been times when the chapter knew a pnm would be suiciding and would deliberately put her at the bottom of our second list. (we would fill our A list and still pick her up)
With all of the rules in snap bidding and quota additions-- I hope this does not happen anymore! I know of someone this happened to way back before the rules were corrected on SB and QA at her school....and she found out she was not on the top bid list because she was offered snap bids from chapter's under quota and at quota (the school did not know proper procedure so they let everyone snap bid until every PNM had bids). The woman did not understand why she was getting bids from other chapters (including the one she wanted) when she suicided her top sorority and pretty much knew that she was a shoe-in there! It caused ill feelings and things were never right for the girl in the sorority-- and she eventually dropped out!! Things have since changed at her school since this incident because what happened was brought to the greek advisor's attention!

In no way am I putting down what anyone's chapter used to do/does-- I am just giving an example of outcomes from this.