Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 899
1 members and 898 guests
John

Old 08-26-2004, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry Internet Pictures

I'm not sure about other schools and other chapters but at OSU we have a Greek policy that people don't drink, go to bars, act inappropriately, etc. while wearing their letters. This is sometimes ignored by fraternities but the sororities abide by this and often tattle on each other for breaking the rules. Anyway my chapter takes this rule very seriously we don't even wear our lavaliers if we're going out. There have even been girls who have been chastised for having inappropriate things on their Instant Messenger profiles next to their letters or a Kappa Delta buddy icon.

There are websites on the internet that allow users to post pictures and other users can search the site to see the pictures. Some of my sisters and I use these sites to post pictures from bid day, rush, sisterhood events, etc. However, some people are using these sites to put up pictures from parties and TGs and such and occasionally there are inappropriate things like girls drinking in their letters or making out with guys.

The point that I'm trying to get across is that I hate if I go to WebShots and type Kappa Delta or KD into the search field I see pictures of my sisters across the country taking shots, dancing on poles, and such while the captions below the pictures scream their Kappa Delta pride. I just don't think this is a good thing, friends.

I apologize if that sounded preachy. I would definitely love to hear some opinions on this.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I understand your anger. Our KD chapter may not have been very strict on rules until recently, but we do know we took and still take our letters seriously! We do NOT wear our lavaliers when we go out partying too.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
I'm with ya on this one! I get so frustrated when girls in my own chapter have their KD buddy icons (most of which I've made for them) and then in their profile have a bunch of inside jokes that sound awful. I know we're all human an like to have a good time but to an outsider it looks bad and people don't know what inside jokes me. I think girls need to be more conscious of what they say in their profiles for that reason.

Sisters should be more aware of these type things and make more of an effort. I know everyone wants to be true to themselves, but they also have to think about the organization nationally. Our founders had pure ideas of what a Kappa Delta should act like, and some of the things KD's do now a days I know don't match up.

We just all need to stop and think about TA KALA DIOKOMEN a bit more before we act. I mean, it sure couldn't hurt anything!
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 09-25-2004, 01:38 AM
GreekChat Member

It is better to err on the side of caution. Ladies sometimes forget that alum and members of their NHQ's peruse the Internet & the boards to see what ladies are posting and saying. Just be careful. You don't wanna get in trouble for doing something that reflects badly on your house.