GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,313
1 members and 1,312 guests
Cookiez17

Old 09-15-2004, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Rollergirl2001
Questions about COB

I want to know when is the quickest a chapter can contact me. I've left my name for COB on Monday and so far, no one has contacted me. Does this mean that they are not interested in me at all? Keep in mind that I was cut heavily during rush. In fact, I was gone after the second round.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

it depends. some groups may choose to start cobing immediately on bid day. some may wait for a few days...or a week before hosting parties. some may even initiate the newest members and then host cob later in the semester. some may just wait until the spring. i wouldn't worry too much if you haven't been contacted yet. it is great that you were able to get your name to the greek office, but definately keep your eyes open for postings around campus. you may also want to mention to your friends who are in sororities that you did sign up for cob. they may be able to tell you when groups on your campus are hosting parties.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I do think that most sororities would fill up their pledge classes as soon as they can (at least we always did), so that the pledge class can have some unity instead of new members always going through.

That being said, things can vary from school to school. Who knows, maybe some chapters through you already got a bid.

They know you're interested as you put your interest out there for COB. It's kinda like dating.... as mom always said, if he likes you, he'll call. You've showed your interest, now it's up to them to make a move.

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT STALK ANY GROUPS ON CAMPUS! Calling/IMing members, stopping them on campus, etc. is a great way to make sure you don't get a bid ever. If you mention your interest in casual conversation with a member you know, that's fine. But being a pest is a surefire way to get on someone's bad side.

Also practice discretion, especially on GC. Things you say, and have said, can easily come out and bite you in the ass, bigtime. It's happened before, it'll happen again.