GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,571
1 members and 1,570 guests
MSKKG

Old 01-28-2001, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Where are the good places to go in NYC?

My sorority is planning a trip to NYC for our Spring Break. Where are the good places to go??
Old 01-30-2001, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Is anyone alive in here???
Old 01-30-2001, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

You might want to try the Gaslight. It was a pretty cool place a few years ago, but clubs have a way of falling apart. Or the Harlem Jazz Festival if you like jazz.

------------------
Once in every lifetime, you'll know what life is. Oh I need you, you need me, oh my darling, don't you see? The Young Ones. Darling we're The Young Ones. The Young Ones. Shouldn't be afraid! To live. To love. There's a song to be sung. 'Cause we may not be The Young Ones for very long!!!
Old 01-30-2001, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Ok, I live about an hour from the City and I absolutely LOVE going there! One of my favorite places to go to eat is Serendipity 3. It has the best desserts, and the atmosphere is great. It's on 60th Street between 2nd and 3rd. So yummy, and fun. Just be prepared to wait about an hour or so, depending on how many people go, and what time. Have fun...you'll LOVE New York!
Old 01-30-2001, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Try Madame Toussad's wax museum----the coolest place i've ever been. It's at 42nd between 7th and 8th. Those things look SO REAL.

Old 01-31-2001, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
I cannot recommend any place specific that is not a tourist type place. I just have to say: If anyone lives or is willing to go to Queens, try J&S Pizza in Rosedale!!!OHMIGOSH! I took a road trip home from RI one day, just to eat it!!LOL
Old 01-31-2001, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to MaMaBuddha Send a message via AIM to MaMaBuddha Send a message via Yahoo to MaMaBuddha
well i live in Brooklyn babeeeeeeeeeeee and there are plenty places to chill at in the city...

you have 42nd street....Disney galore then at night all the clubs are hopping...moderately priced, several supper clubs and theaters and broadway plays.

you the east village...stays open 24 hours very gothic and dark.

you have the west village....stays open 24 hours...some of the best clubs are there...mixed crowds..gay, lesbian and str8. some of the bars have the best drinks.

then you have soho...were all the sheek stars hang out...lenny kravitz, models, calvin klein, roshumba, alot of musicians and artis. the VIP...a small south beach but in the city

you have tribeca were all of the adonis like guys live...damn they are grogeous...alot of clubs in these areas.

the meat packing district...underground clubs...best music...alot of strange stuff goes on....best to keep in the hush hush!

wall street also has underground clubs...that are hopping, after the executives leave...

there is so much stuff to do...and just think that is all just part of one borough...you still have four more to go.

------------------
MaMaBuddha

Devastating
Stimulating
Tantalizing

Imaginer un métro rempli avec les anges tombés...

[This message has been edited by MaMaBuddha (edited January 31, 2001).]
Old 02-08-2001, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
I am a Harlemnite...but I agree...you covered all of the truly hot spots with their appropriate designation of flavor!

Quote:
Originally posted by MaMaBuddha:
well i live in Brooklyn babeeeeeeeeeeee and there are plenty places to chill at in the city...

you have 42nd street....Disney galore then at night all the clubs are hopping...moderately priced, several supper clubs and theaters and broadway plays.

you the east village...stays open 24 hours very gothic and dark.

you have the west village....stays open 24 hours...some of the best clubs are there...mixed crowds..gay, lesbian and str8. some of the bars have the best drinks.

then you have soho...were all the sheek stars hang out...lenny kravitz, models, calvin klein, roshumba, alot of musicians and artis. the VIP...a small south beach but in the city

you have tribeca were all of the adonis like guys live...damn they are grogeous...alot of clubs in these areas.

the meat packing district...underground clubs...best music...alot of strange stuff goes on....best to keep in the hush hush!

wall street also has underground clubs...that are hopping, after the executives leave...

there is so much stuff to do...and just think that is all just part of one borough...you still have four more to go.

------------------
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated...Every Finer Woman's Dream!
Old 02-10-2001, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Ladies, you're making me homesick!!!!