Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,242
1 members and 1,241 guests
No Members online

Old 07-06-2004, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LBKSIG
Rush Help

what up all....i am the Rush Chair for my Chapter....at my school the greek system is not all that big, since we are a commuter school many people dont want to join in on the greek system. I was just sending this out to anyone who has any cool or good ideas for rush. I could use all the help i can get. Our chapter here at Long Beach is getting low and we need a HUGE rush this Fall and it is all on my shoulders. So if anyone, anyone has ideas to get guys to rush...email me or reply to this.
AEKDB
Old 07-06-2004, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Welcome to Greekchat

I am sure we will have something for you.

Do you have a house off-campus? How many guys do you have?

How many frats and sororities on campus?

What things do you usually do for Rush?

What have been your Rush numbers for the last few years by semester?
Old 07-06-2004, 07:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LBKSIG
-we have a house off campus
-there are about 35 active bros in the house
-There are 8 fraternaties and 7 sororities
-We usually have a formal rush week set up by IFC, we cannot have alcohol or girls at our house during this week. We have had like poker nights and alumni nights and pizza nights
-The past few fall rushes have been 9 in '03, 12 in '02, and a lot less in the Spring semester
Old 07-08-2004, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Some ideas of stuff we did that worked well:

Anything with sports - playing football/basketball or something like that with the rushees. You could split up the teams and make it half rushees and half brothers.

Can you have girls at any events; if so, doing an event with a sorority would help attract guys and further relations with sororities. You could do volleyball, bowling, kickball, something like that.

Any pool halls around you - pool is an activity where you can talk to the guys, and it's something most guys like to do as well.

If you build relationships with places in the area (restaurants, pool halls, etc.), they'll likely cut you deals for the number of people you're bringing in (not to mention potential clients).

Good luck with rush,
AEKDB
Collin
Old 07-22-2004, 04:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey,

If you need any extra guys to help with rush related stuff, you know you can hit up your USC bros.

Maybe a good event would be to have a fish-eating show featuring Dipper (he was at one of our parties and ate a whole bunch of our goldfish haha)

Stuff we've done in the past is take rushees to Angels or Dodgers baseball games (for fall rush) and Kings hockey games (for spring rush). One great rush night was Hooters and Go-Karting. Every semester we go to a comedy club in Hollywood for one night. You can procede some of these events with a BBQ at the house, which is fun. We have done Sake Bombing in Pasedena. A lot of other houses at USC do Broom-ball which is supposed to be really fun.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

The Kappa Sigs at my old school have a Luau for one night of rush and get the ladies that attend to help out with rush to "lei" every rushee that arrives. What guy wouldn't like that?