Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,298
0 members and 1,298 guests
No Members online

Old 04-12-2004, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Senior Send-off Ideas

Hi Everyone,
This is my first time on Greek Chat, and I was wondering if I could get some ideas from you all. I am in charge of senior sendoff this year and I was wondering what people did at their chapters. I have lots of ideas on my own, but I wanted to see if I could bring in ideas from other chapters. We will be having senior willing in the afternoon, and then I wanted the seniors to come back that night for a special evening dedicated to them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Our senior send off hasn't been a big event in the past and I would like to make this year one that they will always remember. Thanks!

L&L
Old 04-13-2004, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

We usually have a senior dinner and then present gifts to them. When I was a senior, I got an engraved jewelry box - it was beautiful and something that I have kept. Its cool to give AXO stuff, but by the time you graduate, do you really need another mug or keychain??

This year one of our alums has graciously (been) volunteerd to make bracelets for them. She makes awesome jewelry, so she is going to put something together along with a little charm - either a lyre or a butterfly for our local mascot. She made me one awhile back and I still love it

You could also do a senior roast - but only if people will be good natured about it -- its always funny to hear people talk about the good 'ol days.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

We do some col stuff for our seniors at our chapter! Here are some of the stuff we do.

Senior Spotlights:
We make a poster for each senior with interview questions (like what field of work they are going into and where they see themsleves in 5 years). We put cute pics of them with other sisters on them. Each week we have 3-4 Senior Spotlight sisters. They get carnations at chapter.

Senior Dinner:
We decorate and all the seniors sit at a big table together.

Wills and Prophecies:
Seniors "leave" things to other sisters and other sisters write somethign about where they see that senior in the future. They are usually really funny and people get really into it!

Vega Night: - does anyone else do this? I don't know if that is an Alpha Chi thing or just our chapter.

Last edited by AXO Alum; 04-15-2004 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

We do senior spot lights throughout the year, but we have the parents send in a baby picture and a story.. leaving out the name. Then at Chapter a girl reads the story and we try to guess which senior is it [while the baby pictures is up on an overhead].

We just did Pass the Gavel where every girl gets to say what she is going to miss and whatnot. Everyone crys and it's sweet.

Younger girls adopt a senior for the last week and get her presents.

Lots of stuff

Last edited by AXO Alum; 04-15-2004 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Tiger & Gatorgirl -- I am PM'ing both of you about some edits I made Let me know if you have questions

LITB!