GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,176
Threads: 115,582
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,583
1 members and 1,582 guests
John

Old 09-21-2003, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to veemers
Quote:
Originally posted by Optimist Prime
I'm kindof offended by that. It's like saying my fraternity automaticly wouldn't accept gay people.
I think my inclination would be along these lines as well. I also don't understand why this organization *needs* a "hands-off" policy. I can understand them not wanting to portray themselves as a sex club, but when you explicitly state what your policy is concerning sex, you just bring something out that doesn't really need to be brought up, in my opinion.

I don't know. This just makes me really confused. If it's a support system, why can't they just be an alliance?

Also, can you only be brothers with other gay or bisexual men?

Gar.
Old 09-22-2003, 01:54 AM
GreekChat Member

I know this is about DLPhi, but a group calling themselves Alpha Lambda Tau is a gay freindlyt fraternity (I think they refer to themselves as 'progressive' and has 2 chapters is expanding to my campus. They are already recognized as a student org and have petitioned the IFC for membership. I think the presentation to IFC was thursday and vote is this upcoming thursday. If they are granted memebership on IFC, we would be the largest school in Texas with a 'progressive' fraternity. The only other school is SMU. If the IFC is smart, they will vote yes on it becasue the school REALLY wants this to happen, and it will, some way.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to etahannah
XYZ chapter did not want a gay chapter on campus and voted numerous times against them...while the rest of the IFC chapters voted for them. make sense?

***dances a dance***