Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,371
0 members and 1,371 guests
No Members online

Old 06-07-2003, 02:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SDTSarah
Lightbulb Stolen from a lot of boards: Why did you choose SDT?

So...
What made you choose Sigma Delta Tau? What stood out, grabbed you, and screamed, "You have to be an SDT!"

I actually didn't know until the last round of Rush. I had my heart set on one group, but they dropped me after the 3rd round...I realized after Rush that they were recruiting for one thing...and it wasn't personality! After that, I knew that I didn't want to be part of a group that didn't really care about me. So I was torn between SDT and another group...but after the pref ceremony, I knew that I had to go SDT. I put them number one on my bid card, and I haven't looked back! I love what we stand for, our philanthropy, and even the fact that we're small.

I had way more fun pledging than anyone else on my hall, too!
Old 06-09-2003, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigdeltlady Send a message via Yahoo to sigdeltlady
Talking SDT

what made me choose SDT??
Well at rutgers camden we have a very small greek community and no one on our campus does RUSH. Mostly all our greeks are Divine 9 groups...such as Kappa alpha Psi, Alpha kappa Alpha, ect....when a few girls started putting up signs about this sorority they wanted to bring on campus......i decided to take a look at...the more i met with these ladies the more i love the group and then getting to know the Org. more and more, made me fall in love with SDT.....I love the work we do and the great women we have and have had. SDT all the way.....

COULDN'T have made a better choice
Old 06-09-2003, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

*sniff* hey-now... i heart you... Yeah, last fall day, a girl ran up to me with a flyer asking if i was interested... i started going to meetings and getting to know everyone.. the more i went to, the more i couldn't wait for the next function.. i used to literally check my e-mail obsessevly looking for anything new about the sorority...I couldn't have made a better choice in deciding to go SDT.. Now, i hope that the girls looking to join us see the kind of special bonds that we share and want to have something like that.. although it's different for every person, It's ridiculously fulfilling for the person that wants to get involved and actually meet people in our rather lethargic campus.. the girls are great, and the bonds are strong, despite our young existence here, and i think that that is why in the coming years, everyone is going to want to go SDT
Old 06-09-2003, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

from the second i came to school and the sisters moved me into my dorm room i knew i couldnt go any other way... sigma delta tau is not only the greatest sorority but every single sister has the most amazing heart... if i wasnt already convinced- walking into rush made me 200% sure of my decision...thanks to sdt ive had the best freshman year i could have imagined... and more to come!
Old 06-09-2003, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to wishuweresigdel
ive got to agree w/my girls hey now and dahlin....sdt at rutgers camden is the only choice for me. when i heard about the announcement in my world lit class from o sheila that there was an interest group forming for a new sorority on campus i wasnt too sure i would go but i did write down the date and time. then i was actually in the building and decided against staying for the meeting and was on my way out when a group of girls came in talking non stop about how excited they were about this meeting. i decided to stay and that was by far the best decision i have made. the girls in delta zeta are about the best 36 girls in the world. sddt stands for many things and something i feel very passionate about is homeless children. when i found out that pcaa was sdt's philanthropy, i knew that i would become a founding sister of the delta zeta chapter of sdt. even after we were all initiated, my mom feel deathly ill and i wasnt sure if i would even finish out my semester. i talked to a few girls and they said that whatever i could would be enough and to make sure that my family life is ok before worrying about sdt. i did that and then came back a few weeks later and found that these girls just embraced me again. they have gotten me through the hardest year of my life and half of them had no idea anything was going on. this is why i think sdt is the greatest organization for everyone. i love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2003, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SDTSarah
Is your mom okay now?
Old 06-11-2003, 02:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to wishuweresigdel
awww....see...this is why i love my sdt sisters....yes sarah, my mom is better now thank you!! she has MS and she was just having an episode and an adverse reaction to some medicine she was on at the same time...complicated medicine talk that i dont understand!!! thanks for your concern!!
Old 06-17-2003, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SexySigDelt
Cool

Hey!
When I first decided to rush at the beginning of the spring semester I went for another sorority. And, just like you, I had the same problem, they were not looking for personality and what I had to offer. They didn't even invite me to Pref. it hurt me real bad, even though I didn't like them However, then there was COB period at my school and I decided to try SDT, because I dreamed of living in that house, and the girls...well...they are amazing! It is the best choice I have made so far! I am glad that it didn't work out for me with that other sorority cause now I know I was destined to be a sigdelt!!!
Old 07-06-2003, 01:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Wow

Unlike most of you, I actually pledged a local here in Brooklyn College before dropping (for many diffrent reason, to many to get into ) however, I still wanted the chance to be part of Greek life. After looking, I found SDT (one of the smallest, if not the smallest grop on campus) and right away I felt accepted and comftable with the sisters, so I decided that they were the right ones for me! And I couldnt be happier with my choice...if I only looked at them from the start!

Patriae Multae Spes Una