GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,161
Threads: 115,587
Welcome to our newest member, BillWitt27
» Online Users: 1,443
5 members and 1,438 guests
BillWitt27, Cookiez17, JayhawkAOII, Titchou

Old 07-31-2000, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Other Greeks honored at LCA Assembly

I just got back from lambda Chi General Assembly, and I had a great time. I just wanted to let you know that your org. was honored, and that we were honored by their presence.

Patricia Russel-Mcloud gave a great speech on diversity. She is a sister from Alpha Kappa Alpha, and is one of the few professional orators in this country. I can't remember where she went for undergrad, but she went to Howard University Law School also.

Peter Glass, SAE advisor at UNLV, was honored as the top greek advisor for the 99-2000 school year. He has done a lot to help the greek system at UNLV. If ya'll want, I'll post a few of the things he's done when I get home and find the program it was in.

Nancy (I think, I couldn't find the program it was in, and couldn't remember her first name) Leonard of AXO was honored as top interfraternity advisor (I think). She is the wife of a Lambda Chi, and has several other LCA family members, along with members in other fraternities.

Also, Gene Kranz, of Apollo 13 fame (Ed Harris in the movie) was the main speaker for our opening dinner. He is an LCA. The former Governor of GA, another LCA was presented with the order of achievement, and the current Governor presented our Grand High Alpha (President) with honorary Georgia citizenship.

If anyone gets a chance to go to their organizations National Conference, I highly recommend going! There were around 800 LCA's there, and I got to meet many, from 18 years of age, to well into their 80's! The brotherhood there was amazing! If you don't go, you are really missing out!

------------------
Steve Corbin
Lambda Chi Alpha
Theta Kappa Chapter
Rose-Hulman Inst. of Tech.
Old 07-31-2000, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Heading for the Delta Tau Delta international conference (Karnea) tomorrow.

DeltAlum
Old 08-01-2000, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LXAAlum
Corbin,
Hope you enjoyed the Ritual - the candidate was from our colony out here!

ZAX
Old 08-01-2000, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry, I can't remember the name of the former governor, and I don't have the program from that dinner. I think he was the last governer maybe, and I know he's a Lambda Chi.

------------------
Steve Corbin
Lambda Chi Alpha
Theta Kappa Chapter
Rose-Hulman Inst. of Tech.
Old 08-02-2000, 12:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Corbin,
I have heard Patricia Russell-McCloud speak on several occasions and she is way past dynamic! She is one of the most awesome speakers I have heard.

Which former GA governor spoke? I don't recall you mentioning the name.