Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,293
0 members and 1,293 guests
No Members online

Old 11-09-2002, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile A question

When did the Rho Chapter close?

Last edited by upsilontpa; 12-08-2002 at 01:56 AM.
Old 12-26-2002, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up PSU's Rho Chapter

The Rho Chapter of Theta Phi Alpha closed in 1969. However, there are a group of 30 women at Penn State currently trying to reopen it. We have existed for a year and a half now, but are encountering many problems with recolonization mostly because of rules set by Pan Hellenic. We are extreamly organized, and function similarly to most sororities in many aspects. For more information about our group, please visit:
http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/s/e/seg187/sig.html

Hope that helped.
Old 12-26-2002, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought PSU would not be open for expansion until the university decides how to improve Greek relations, etc. etc.
Old 12-27-2002, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Luis,
That could be true. There are many circumstances that need to be fulfilled before PSU can expand. I do not know all of them. The only ones we are aware of are the ones that Pan Hellenic tells us directly.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to TPASteph

Upsilontpa,
The Rho chapter at Penn State was there from 1929 - 1969. Like Yvonnf said, we've been trying to recolonize Theta Phi here for 2 years now, to little avail. We've been given many empty promises and been lead to many dead ends. I was president of our "interest group" last semester and so I can tell you first hand we were lied to a lot by the Panhellenic president. But I can also assure you that we are NOT giving up, and I am happy to say that after first round cuts we have 24 rushes with 1 round of cuts to go. Hopefully our numbers will be up to 50 after this semester, or atleast close. Amanda Horvat, from the AE chapter, is a res. life coordinator here and she has been a great help to our group. I have also been in contact with many sisters from different chapters across PA and they are etremely supportive. I hope that sometime in the near future we can give you some good news about colonization, until then pray for us!!!
~Steph